All reviewsonsen spamermaid barglass bottomantidote barcrabtree and evelynglass floorjade restaurantrooftop barcomplimentary mini barsoft openingsignature massagebedroom executive suitecentury mallswimming poolmakati avefront officeguest services
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

The rooms are great but the service sucks. The should have anticipated the holiday season and provided more staff at the check-in/check-out counters. It took us an hour to check-out due to long lines since there were only 2 staff in the counters. They didn’t provide proper assistance to guests which resulted to confusion and some arguments among the guests. The don’t have special lanes for seniors and I noticed that they were more attentive to foreign nationals. There was a long wait on the elevators which I understand since they were fully booked but I noticed that there are no people assisting guests that went to the 6th floor for check in. They should have a staff that will free at least 1 lift coming from the lobby so the guests that checked-in from the 6th floor will not wait too long since its already full coming from the lobby. Other guests rode down or up and transfer lifts which I find a bit of a hassle. I was really looking forward in staying here since I’ve heard that its a nice hotel. But honestly, I was very disappointed. I stayed in different hotels for the new year and this is the worst when it comes to service. I heard some guests complaining and saying that they will not come back again so I hope they can do something about it.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
melissalO9547BS, Manager at I'M Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Dear Guest,
We thank you for acknowledging and enjoying our rooms and facilities. However, we are deeply sorry that you had to endure less than exemplary service during check in.

Upon hearing your experiences, it boils down to insufficient planning, and perhaps training on our part in terms of having staff deal with heavy volumes of guests. If you were to read reviews of us during normal season, guest sentiment regarding our property could not be more different.
It was also unfortunate that our internal system for guest requests encountered a bug on that day, causing unnecessary delays and waiting times for our guests. Rest assured that we are investigating and implementing procedures to ensure that guests would not have to wait beyond 30 minutes for such requests. The operations team is now implementing new procedures and controls to ensure a more pleasant guest experience so none of our guests will have to encounter this scenario again. Measures include scheduling more staff than required during the holiday season and conducting dry runs to ensure that operations are running in an efficient manner.

We sincerely hope to be given another chance to correct our mistakes and serve you again. Perhaps a future visit to I’M Onsen Spa (rated number 1 on Tripadvisor), or Antidote rooftop bar (Philippines’ first rooftop jellyfish bar) would go some way in restoring your confidence in our property.

Marketing Manager,
I'M Hotel

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here during New Year’s eve and I wish I can say nice things about this hotel. Firstly, check-in was horrible. It was like a line for a check-in counter at the airport. There were rows and rows of chair and people were waiting for their turn. It was just compensated by free coffee & some sweets and free movie for kids. We were able to reach the receptionist after an hour.

After getting our key cards, we were able to reach our rooms after 30 minutes because of the long queue in the elevator. It was not organized.

Rooms were new and updated. Our suite has a bath tub, washing machine, induction cooker. But that was it. Tried calling their guest services but was on hold for about 5 minutes. We requested for dishwashing liquid but it never arrived. We called to request for additional towels around the afternoon and we only got it around 10 in the evening. We called their guest services to make a follow up several times and the person we talked to apologised and he said it was because it’s New Year’s eve. We stayed in several hotels during New Year’s eve but nothing like this happened. You never make excuses for your clients even though it’s a busy day. It shouldn’t take more than 5 hours to get an extra towel.

Aircon was too cold. We turned it off already but air was still coming out from the vent. We called guest services again and someone from engineering came. He confirmed that it was turned off but they still provide air in the unit. He said he will adjust it in their unit but the room was still cold. My family did not get a good night’s rest.

Will not stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
jillymallari, Marketing Office at I'M Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear Guest,

We thank you for acknowledging and enjoying our rooms and facilities. However, we are deeply sorry and agree that it is inexcusable for you to have to wait excessively long for an extra towel, as well as the inconvenience you encountered at check-in.

Marketing Manager, I'M Hotel

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Stayed here for New Year's Eve and it's not just the volume that is making this hotel look bad. From the moment we arrived, there is no clear sign of where the parking is so had to wait in line for about 10 minutes before we were told that we don't need to wait and that the parking is just after the line of cars that we were in. The space for parking is very narrow similar to those in Discovery Suites and other budget hotels (I thought this was a 5-star). After parking, you need to climb stairs before you can reach the elevator. So we had to take the stairs with all our luggages since there's no one to assist us.Once you reached the elevator, that's a good 15-20 minute wait. Upon reaching the lobby, it looks like a market. There's a very long line for check-in and no staff to assist anyone. After 15 minutes of waiting, we were told that the check in is actually at the 6th floor and not at the lobby. Everyone on the line are actually mad as there was no sign or no one from hotel who is there to advise the guests of the fact that they have a special arrangement for checking in. The check-in location at 6th floor was the most degrading treatment I've ever experienced. We had to wait almost 2 hours before we were able to checked in. It looks like a market place or a bingo game room (not resembling any hotel I've been in). Rooms are also terrible. They are not sound proof and you can hear people from the other rooms talking. I booked a Premier Suite and I wasn't really pleased. No mini bar. Toilet flush is broken. Location of faucet is pretty bad; you have to go inside the bathtub to turn it on and it was really hard to go. It takes five minutes for someone fro service desk to answer your call and it takes 1 hour and several follow ups for them to bring you what you asked for (e.g., bath gel). Checking out was far worst than checking in. Another marketplace/Bingo game room scenario and once again, no advise that it's going to be at the 6th floor and not the at the lobby (as is usual in all hotels). We waited for almost 2 hours only to be told that you're good to go we can get your key card. We found out from the staff that this wasn't just because of NYE, and this has been the situation since the middle of December.

In summary: Unprofessional Service. Inexperienced staff. Poor and Inexistent Management. Sub-par rooms. Worst Experience Ever. Not Recommended. Stay Away.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel entirely
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2018

We booked early last October 2017 to anticipate the holiday rush and secure a room for an overnight stay from December 31, 2017 to January 1, 2018 to welcome 2018 as has been my family's tradition ever since we got married. We booked a premiere room with 2 queen-sized beds for my wife and daughter. Never thought we'll welcome the year utterly disappointed. Let me begin my list:

1. Check-in time is 3pm and we arrived at 2:15pm. We parked at UB5 514 slot and requested for a trolley to bring around 10 of our small bags mostly for my daughters things. No hotel staff was available save for the parking attendant who we requested a trolley from and said he had no access to the trolley. We instead requested if he can prompt someone to bring a trolley down. He said he can't and instead told us to go the lobby and request for one. Strike 1.

2. I approached a hotel staff at the basement lift and requested for a trolley. He said he'll bring it down. Suffice it to say, it never arrived. Strike 2.

3. Check-in was understandably long given that it's peak season. We were given a room on the 22nd floor with only 1 queen-sized bed. Strike 3. We were then told that the double queen-sized bed we requested was subject to availability. Hell, we booked 2 months in advance! How can it not be available?

4. To remedy, given that it's dangerous for my young daughter to be cramped up with us, we requested for an extra bed. We were charged 1,800. It's OK, just to lighten our mood and not welcome the new year with such a foul mood. We were told that they will call us to after checking if an extra bedding is available. Thing is, they never called back. And the extra bed never arrived. Strike 4.

5. The room was cozy and looks very promising (except for the bedding). Lo and behold, while my wife was freshening up, the water in the sink wasn't going down because the last guest might have clogged it. We called reception and requested that it be checked. No one came. Strike 5. I saw an engineer when we were off for dinner and requested to drop by our room to check the clogged sink. Never came back.

6. After a very uneventful dinner, bland food, ordered food came in very late. The appetizer, Buffalo Wings, came in last that we had to have it packed instead for take out. They even didn't anticipate that guests drink water and we had to request not once but 3 times to give us water before we were attended to. Strike 6. After our take out arrived, we decided to visit the 2nd floor pool to anticipate what we needed to bring for tomorrow morning's dip. The bouncer stood on our way and asked if we have food. I said yes. He said we won't be allowed to enter. I told him, we're not eating here at the Mermaid Bar and are just looking at the pool for tomorrow's preps. He said he can't let us in. Strike 7. I still entered and told him we're just looking at the pool. He gave in after I stared him down. I am a very polite person. But this is way too much discourtesy.

7. Morning came. My wife called to reserve a table for us for breakfast. We were told they were accepting no reservations in the morning. We understood that perhaps it's because of the volume of people they are anticipating. So it's OK. And then the bombshell, Strike 8, the breakfast buffet wasn't included in the package we got from booking.com. When we reviewed the confirmation, it never said otherwise. So instead, we paid. Most disappointing buffet ever at that price point, 788 nett. Very few options, the sushi seemed carried over from yesterday evening's buffet. But Jake, the food attendant who serviced us was very courteous and had initiative.

8. Strike 9. Heater was under repair and the pool was very cold. My wife, daughter, and me just stayed on the sidelines and left after 15 mins. of feet dipping.

9. Strike 10. Check out was smoother as they instead opened front desk operations on the 6th floor to prevent long lines at the lobby. I was reviewing the invoice and saw that we were charged 1,800 for the extra bedding that never came!!! I was told by the attendant that it came. I countered her by saying it didn't and she can freely check the room. Long story short, they deducted it from our total bill. We were just very ready to go home and get this over with. Lau, the bell boy, was very courteous and was the one who brought the trolley to pick our things up.

10. Strike 11. After check-out, we proceeded to the lobby to secure our things. No one was attending to our bags in the trolley that's why I prompted a hotel staff to assist us in bringing it down to UB5 where we parked. He told me, "Sir, iikot niyo na lang ang sasakyan niyo sa harap para mas maganda." Wow, talk about worst experiences. I told him no. He retorted by saying "May nakapark na kasi sa mga entrance sa mga elevators." I told him, it's not my problem. Again, I'm a very polite person, but the way they treat me as a guest is unacceptable. To cut the story short, he gave in and brought the bags to the basement parking. In the spirit of the season, we still gave him tip.

So, yes, from bad experience to worst. My wife and I have been hotel hopping since getting married in 2014 for special events and this by far is the only bad experience we've had. I had high expectations from I'M Hotel because it had good reviews. But please, don't make the peak season an excuse to shortchange your guests. All it needed from your end is anticipation. I have been handling executive recruitment for all the major hotels and casinos both locally and internationally, this doesn't reflect any good on your property.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your patience with us and understanding that we are a relatively new hotel operating in peak season.

We anticipated to some degree, some of these issues, and hence offered 50% off for your next night, in part as recovery for the long wait times that guests had to encounter at check in. As a policy to encourage guests to book direct, we actually offer complimentary buffet breakfast for guests booking directly on our website or emailing reservations(at)imhotel.com.

Regarding the long wait times you had to encounter for your bedding, we are investigating and implementing procedures to ensure that guests would not have to wait beyond 30 minutes for such requests. The operations team is now implementing new procedures and controls to ensure a more pleasant guest experience so none of our guests will have to encounter this scenario again. Measures include scheduling more staff than required during the holiday season and conducting dry runs to ensure that operations are running in an efficient manner.

We sincerely hope to be given another chance to correct our mistakes and serve you again. Thank you very much and happy new year.

Marketing Manager, I'M Hotel

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the I’M Hotel for the New Year’s celebrations and the place definitely delivered.

Great customer service - staff to customer ration ensures that you’re always catered for every step of the way. They also arranged transport from the hotel to the airport which was smooth and prompt.

The room we stayed in was spacious and was packed with your standard amenities. The bed was possibly the comfiest that I’d ever slept on!

There is a pool on the second floor which is advertised as an ‘infinity pool’, but it would be difficult to class it as such given that it is barricaded with glass and doesn’t give the ‘infinite’ illusion. However, the pool was still cool; the flooring was also made of glass which meant that you could see the street underneath. There is a bar by the poolside, but this was closed at the time.

Breakfast was included in our package, and the buffet had choices between a good range of both Filipino and continental types of food. You can have certain foods cooked for you specially and even delivered to your table.

The highlight was definitely the New’s Year Eve Countdown Party at the rooftop deck which boasts an incredible view. I’m not impressed easily but I couldn’t help let out a “Wow!” upon seeing the skyline. There was a 4 hour open bar (that had a jellyfish display, might I add) during the event and the drinks were free! Someone even came round with complimentary champagne as it got closer to midnight.

Finally, the fireworks capped off what had been a fantastic stay. If you ever have the chance to ring in the New Year in Manila, it is definitely worth considering I’M Hotel. Easiest 5 stars that I’ve ever given.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple