“Terrible Service”

Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 7 October 2017

service from staff and management was terrible from checkin until checkout.

internet service was horrible throughout my stay. walked around different floors looking for an ice machine.

ordered room service and waited 2 hours and the food never came.

smelly and dirty hallways

management could not be bothered to respond to my complaints, I called front desk 3 times and emailed manager and never received a response.

this property is not recommended for business or family stays

renovations also made this hotel more uncomfortable

Room Tip: do not stay at this property
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Hi Stephen R,

Thank you for your review and for staying at the hotel. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry to hear that you experienced inconvenience due to the services delivered by our hotel team and for the issues encountered with the hallways. I understand how frustrating these matters can be and I am sorry our hotel management was not able to address this issue appropriately. As such, I have sent you a private message o ask more information regarding this unsatisfactory stay.

Your visit is valuable and I hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Zel N.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Probably one of the most outdated hotels I have ever stayed at. They are renovating but probably could have been done 20 years ago. I had an older room not yet updated. The heat/cool hard to control a bathtub that was dirty looking. The staff although very pleasant (reason for 1 star) are really slow at check in and check out.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank john0624
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Hello john0624,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I am sorry to read about your disappointment with the overall condition of our property and service received from our staff. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I’d like to contact you privately so we have sent you a private message.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Greeted nicely by Bea (I think that was her name) and explain their renovation and received a goodie bag as an apology for their renovation which was very nice.
Our room was renovated and it was nice and trendy but small. I asked for one king bed but got two queen beds for me and my husband. I wasn't please at all. Found a smashed water bottle under the foot of our bed which I left. The bathroom and the air condition was really out dated. The hotel itself still needs much work very dated! I had to fight with the bathroom sliding door to open and close the door. We had one wash cloth in our room and my sister had zero wash clothes in her room. Breakfast was ok a little pricey for the hotel and its surroundings. Might go back after all the renovations is completed.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Dear 694janice,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. It is nice to read you have acknowledged the great service received from our Front Desk staff. However, we apologize the upkeep of the newly renovated room and the condition of some in-room amenities fell below of your expectations. We also regret you found the breakfast rate pricey. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. Rest assured these concerns had already taken into account for an improvement as we always try our best to meet our valued guests' needs and expectations.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future.

Grace P.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Stayed here a couple times in the past few years. You are treated so well here. Hotel is stylish, employees are so friendly and make you feel welcome. They are renovating and give you a little gift bag when you check in. Fresh cookies in the evening. Yum!!

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the elevator and ice machine.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Kudos to Pauline and the other front desk staff. They did their best to make our family stay enjoyable. While it's true that the hotel was going through renovations that could be heard on our floor, the noise started at a reasonable hour.
We got one of 2 of the 2 room suites. Both renovated, I recommend it for families though the new sofa bed is a typically uncomfortable option. The king bed is VERY comfortable. Having a mini kitchen, with a small sink, microwave and large bar fridge is good for families.
The maintenance person was rather busy as we would ask to have bed linen brought up and it wouldn't show most of the time. I would go down to the front desk and wait for it to be brought to me.
It's near the downtown though anywhere in Auburn is only a few minutes away.
Recommend hydroponic strawberries that can be picked nearby, Emerson park for a barbecue or for a small beach to swim in.
The pool at the Holiday Inn is on the atrium and is kept at a fairly comfortable temperature.
If coming back to Auburn, we'd come back.
The wife and kids enjoyed a massage at the day spa located in the hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
0.2 km away
11.3 km away
Skaneateles Suites Boutique Hotel
34.4 km away
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region? Share your experiences!