All reviews irish pub indoor pool front desk finger lakes upstate new york common areas king bed atrium patti microwave outlets wineries skaneateles
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Kudos to Pauline and the other front desk staff. They did their best to make our family stay enjoyable. While it's true that the hotel was going through renovations that could be heard on our floor, the noise started at a reasonable hour.
We got one of 2 of the 2 room suites. Both renovated, I recommend it for families though the new sofa bed is a typically uncomfortable option. The king bed is VERY comfortable. Having a mini kitchen, with a small sink, microwave and large bar fridge is good for families.
The maintenance person was rather busy as we would ask to have bed linen brought up and it wouldn't show most of the time. I would go down to the front desk and wait for it to be brought to me.
It's near the downtown though anywhere in Auburn is only a few minutes away.
Recommend hydroponic strawberries that can be picked nearby, Emerson park for a barbecue or for a small beach to swim in.
The pool at the Holiday Inn is on the atrium and is kept at a fairly comfortable temperature.
If coming back to Auburn, we'd come back.
The wife and kids enjoyed a massage at the day spa located in the hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Hotel is going through some renovations so hopefully that will be fixed. The room was also right by the indoor pool so that possibly contributed to the smell. The room itself was ok (minus the smell). They did offer a gift for staying with them while under renovation which was a nice bonus. They do not include breakfast, and it didn't look like anything too great.

Stayed: August 2017
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Dear Christina K,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Please allow me to apologize for the unusual smell you noticed in your room and any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the on-going renovations. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. Thank you for staying and I hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
IHGService

Reviewed 14 August 2017

BED BUGS!
My parents, husband, 9 month old baby and I stayed at this hotel for one night before finding bed bugs in our beds and on the walls before going to bed our second night. The front desk did not act surprised when we reported the issue and said that it was worse than they thought, which gives me the impression it was a known issue. We had to wake up my 9-month old to move to another room. Two of us adults stayed in the new room (which had a leaking sink) with the baby while the other two did all of our laundry from midnight until 6 a.m. The attendant at the front desk told us to dry, then wash, then dry again all of our clothes to kill potential bed bugs in our clothes. He gave us $10 in quarters to do laundry. When we ran out of money, the gentleman at the front desk said he could not give us more and he actually got in trouble for giving us the money he did. Management made him pay personally pay for the money that he gave us.

I am disappointed for many reasons, the main two being:
1. We should have never been put in that room in the first place, especially with a baby. I believe that it was known that there were bed bugs in the room ahead of time because the attendant at the front desk did not seem surprised when we reported them. Also, he used a code word for bed bugs (BB), proving this has been a problem at the hotel. He never came up to look at the multiple live bugs we found in our room and also said the problem was much worse than he thought when we told him we found them on the walls.
2. It's a shame that a huge, successful hotel chain like The Holiday Inn made the front desk attendant personally pay for the first $10 for our laundry then made us pay for the rest of the laundry that we had to do throughout the night, leaving us without any sleep. Does the chain not have enough money to treat their employees respectfully and give their guests the support they need after the hotel made a mistake and was negligent in correcting a problem that I believe they knew existed?

We have been staying at Holiday Inns for years. Please understand why my family will never stay in a Holiday Inn.

Please change your unethical practices to provide a better stay for your guests and treat your employees and guests better.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jlf5158
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Hi jlf5158,

Thanks for sharing feedback, it's great to hear from one of our guests. I regret to learn that you were let down by both the room's upkeep and the level of service received during your stay. Comments such as yours are important and relayed to the team to help point out areas that need additional attention.

In line with this, do know that an e-mail was sent to further reach out to you. Despite the setbacks mentioned on your review, I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to the area for a chance to make your stay better than the last.

Ronald R.
IHG Service

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I was concerned after reading other recent reviews. Our room was newly renovated. It was clean and comfortable.
The front desk staff was great. Polite and helpful. The hotel was being
renovated. The parking lot and common areas were clean.

Room Tip: fifth floor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Cause I should've save the money they spent on renovation. All old woodwork, painted over to look new. Decor is awful. Drapes were hanging from the wall, disconnected from the track. Noisy air conditioning unit that rattled all night. Asked for washcloths and hand towels, we received several bath towels. The pool area is in a dark and dismal indoor area. Definitely not worth the money.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear db2kp,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Auburn-Finger Lakes Region and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations regarding the maintenance of our hotel and the air condition in the room. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments!

Best Regards,