All reviews dive trip dive master bcd boat accommodation
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

I would like to point out that the resort is above average compared to other resorts in Anilao. The resort has basic amenities and the staff are incredible. I went there for a daytrip and found the 650 pesos fee to be more than reasonable. Earlier reviews commented about the excellent food. Perhaps I came in the wrong day since I found the food just alright, and I am not picky at all.

Date of stay: July 2016
1  Thank zarzadon
Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

Quite remote and far away from Mabini thoroughfare district. Went there in a random backpacking adventure idea, hoping to find a white sand beach but was disappointed to find out that beaches in the area are generally stony. You need to hire a boat to take you out on the nearby islands with white beaches. The water is clear making it an ideal spot for divers. We haven't tried it since we aren't really prepared for a diving spree and it's not on our budget. Lol.
The resort is nice and peaceful. Rooms are clean but there are only a few staffs to attend to your needs. Food is fine and you get to enjoy the view while eating.
How to get there:
Ride a bus going to Batangas grand terminal (we rode Alps in Cubao) then ride a jeep going to Mabini (ask the driver to drop you off at Mabini Triangle). From there, hail a tricycle to Mayumi (haggle with the drivers because they tend to overcharge sometimes).

Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed 16 August 2015

Excellent food with a rustic feel to the resort. Comfortable in every spot.
The resort staff will try their best to pamper you with the good 'ol Filipino hospitality. Wanna start a bonfire? Ask the staff a few hours in advance and they'll gladly gather firewood for you. Don't know how to start it? They'll even pile it and light it up for you. (just don't forget to bring marshmallows)
Also, there's always ice cold beer in the fridge and you can also ask for cocktails. The party normally starts when you finish diving for the day, so it takes a lot of will power to do a night dive.

Don't dive? Chill anywhere you like.

Room tip: For a nice view, ask for rooms 1,5&6, hillside rooms for total darkness.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ivanarcosis
Reviewed 19 July 2015

When I arrived at the property, I sat down with the finance person to go over all the charges, and wrote them down one-by-one. At checkout, we were presented with a lump-sum charge that did not match the quote at all. Instead, the dive charges were categorized completely differently from the way they were quoted. After stepping through the billing and asking for more detail, it was found that several items that we hadn't requested or received were included in the bill. I challenged these items and, when challenged, they removed about 2,000 PHP from the bill. In addition, a diver was added to our boat, but didn't share the costs; we were billed for the full cost, instead of being split with the other diver. Next, because the water was rough one day, we took a truck to a place where we could board the dive boat. This meant the dive boat only traveled a very short distance, because we covered the distance by truck. However, they still charged us for the 'boat, far dive site' rate-- even though it was no longer a far site, by the time we drove to it. PLUS....they charged us for the truck, on top of the 'far site.' Then, when tendering payment, they added an additional 4% "fee" on top of everything that was NEVER previously mentioned, despite sitting down with them upon arrival and confirming every cost. This was the item that finally made me actually angry; maybe everything else was a mistake or misunderstanding. But, to “forget” to tell me of a 4% fee is either incompetence or outright bilking. This type of bill padding is unacceptable for any property.

Room tip: Make sure to get pricing for your dives in writing, in advance.
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank Jonathan T
Reviewed 6 June 2015 via mobile

Near the sea, you can diving on front of resort but in my gang went to there very bad for phone connection, Don't have wifi, And we buy sim card but I can't play in resort :( If wanna go to somewhere as market , you can rent motorcycle

Date of stay: May 2015