See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 April 2018

I stayed at the Victoria's Suite Hotel for a week in April and found it to be perfectly acceptable. A big plus is it's location, being a one minute walk from the main plaza.

The staff are very helpful with at least half of them speaking fair to good English.

Food was, again, acceptable on the whole. Breakfast was good, with a selection of cereals, cold meats and cheese and toast, plus a few hot food options. My one evening meal sadly wasn't that great. A Caesar salad had an extraordinary amount of salt in the bacon, dressing and croutons, which may just be to local tastes but to me was way too much.

The rooms have most of what you need but are certainly minimal. Mine had no fridge and I had to request water. The layout of the hotel means that a high percentage of the rooms have no view at all with my only window looking out directly onto the public corridor in the building, meaning that my blinds remained down, in a bid to prevent my room becoming a source of distressing scenes for other guests as I got changed! :)

Like every hotel that I seem to stay in these days, I had a recurrent issue with the electronic keycard failing, to the point where whenever I returned to the hotel, I would automatically get it re-set at reception before climbing the five floors to my room to prevent frustration at my locked bedroom door.

As you can read, there were a few gripes but not enough to prevent me from recommending the Victoria's Suite Hotel to Trujillo visitors. It does the job.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank TheTabascokid
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Good location, very clean, great shower. I did send 3 separate emails asking for free shuttle bus pick up at airport but they did not respond and we caught a taxi from the airport.

Bed was very comfortable

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank aussieozjane
Reviewed 22 May 2016

Arrived very early on an overnight bus and reception were very helpful in letting us check in early. First room had no wifi but was immediately changed. Next room had really fast wifi but an internal window.

Rooms are reasonably spacious and well thought out.
Breakfast was good and plentiful. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2015

The hotel is in a nice location -- close to the plaza. It seemed relatively updated and our room had a nice view of the street. The breakfast buffet and restaurant were nice. In general, the hotel seemed understaffed.

There was a lot of noise from the street all night -- traffic, car alarms, dogs barking, but that's part and parcel of staying in Trujillo.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2015

The hotel was really close to the plaza de armas, very convenient. The hotel seems relatively new and the rooms are stylishly decorated with a very comfortable bed. Overall it seemed quite good value for what we paid and would certainly recommend it. Big plus also was the staff, they as well as the manager went out of their way to help us book a room in another hotel in Chiclayo.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family