Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 May 2015 via mobile

My wife and I want to experience a moment out of the lights of the city. And I can say this spa give you a look of how we get where we are now. Ok San Blas is beautiful all islands give you piece. in the hotel have a basic service local food by the Indian of the guna. If you want to try something different. I was happy about this place traveling there is long but ad to the experience lol ask for the bread at the hotel delicious go

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank eduard s
Reviewed 1 April 2015

We were motoring to Kuna Yala and our engine upped and died near reefs close to Isla Porvenir.It quickly became untenable to stay onboard and we found ourselves stranded without any ready cash and no cash machines at hand. The only hotel was Hotel Porvenir .We approached the managers and told them of our plight and believe it or not we were graciously allowed to stay there on full board with our two dogs for four days until we obtained help from friends and my husband was able to make a trip to the mainland.The food was simple but excellent especially the fresh seafood dinners and new house baked bread.Rooms were not cleaned daily but we had mosquito nets,ensuite bathroom and sufficient fresh rainwater and we were a step across from the ocean and the breathtaking vistas of KY were all around us. Very peaceful and ideal for a nature lovers romantic holiday in a simple setting far away from the madding crowd and the remorseless technology.We cannot really express our gratitude to the managers and staff for their unstinting hospitality and kindness. A million thank yous;muchas gracias a todo .

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 229Rita
Reviewed 11 January 2015

Lonely Planet says that there is no need to go to this place unlike you have a flight. I dont agree. For me it was just the right thing to do as you can meet people here, and can use the restaurandt and the bar. It is a good place to do daytrips to other islands such as el perro or pelicano. Staying here for three nights was just the right thing to do. I booked from Germany and the only thing to complain about ist, that the people at the hotel did not know anything about my payment.

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank AdrianDuque
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The beauty of the san blas islands makes it hard to be objective about this hotel. But even with the beauty of the white sand beaches and koral just meters away, some
Things weren't great. Food is fish or chicken (both fried) with rice of patatoes. We had this for 2 meals a day, three days long. You can howrver get your own lobster and crab at islands near, and they will prepare it for you. The cook was very unfriendly, but everyone else on the island was very nice. They will take you to other islands at no charge and will bring you to beautifull places for a few bucks. (Isla perro is one of the places i would recommend as it has a sunken ship)

Date of stay: August 2014
5  Thank 803thomasp
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We came by boat, but you can come by air as well. There is an airstrip on the island.

The hotel is rustic.
We were provided with a large room with double bed and bunk beds if needed. Our own bathroom with shower. Cold water, but with the heat, you do not need hot water. Very refreshing after a long day.
Provided three meals a day. There is not a selection, you get what you get. Fish, chicken, rice, potatoes. If you want fresh fruit, vegetables, or a variety, bring your own provisions. We had fresh barracuda and it was delicious! They run on generators and do not have a way of storing so many provisions.
You are provided with fresh caught fish from a local fishermen.
Part of the whole experience!
You can buy extra water, pop, juice and a few other things.

Arriving by boat, be prepared to get wet.
They provide a tarp for your belongings.
Use a towel or garbage bag if you don't want to be involved in the whole experience of the trip.
Tours of the islands are provided daily with a fee of 2 dollars. Excellent , a must do! They are supporting
other Kuna that live on the islands.
The staff or owners are fantastic. I enjoyed our capitan cheeke, even though I could not speak Spanish he and I communicated very well. He brought us to many islands and showed us different islands on the tours.
Antonio is a wonderful person. He showed us his fresh caught fish for the day and he speaks English. When I had a tough time communicating he would help.

This is an experience that you should not pass by to see San Blas islands and the Kuna people. Go to town with cheeke and stroll through the village.
This is not a five star hotel, not for the faint of heart.
A getaway from the everyday.
I wanted to stay.

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
15  Thank BarbieL27