Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$5
Booking.comUS$70
eDreamsUS$70
Agoda.comUS$70
All reviews callaloo the owner tasty food on foot hill
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2018

I had a lovely stay at Cerrito Tropical. I was there in the low season and had the place to myself. The B & B is located close to the hiking trails, which I loved because my goal was to hike the island and spend some time at the beach. Cerrito Tropical was perfect for that.

And after all that hiking I needed to eat and Aristedes is an incredible cook! I had the fish fillet and the famous fish and chips. Best fish and chips I've ever had.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Deborah B
RanchitoCerrito, General Manager at Cerrito Tropical Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Deborah,
We are thrilled you enjoyed the peace and quiet of our piece of paradise on Isla Taboga! The hiking is great, we are close to 3 trails. The food is awesome, we agree as our expanding waistlines can attest! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We enjoyed a lovely two days at Cerrito Tropical, enjoying the view of the water, with the ships waiting to enter the Panama Canal. Breakfast, cooked by Aristedes, the handyman, caretaker, cook, all rolled into one, was very good. Coffee of course is fabulous. Accommodations were very comfortable, Beautiful breeze off the water cooled the rooms, but there is also air conditioning that works extremely well. Colours are bright and lively, ,just want you want to see down south. Lovely to meet fellow travellers and exchange travel tips and stories. Hosts,, Cynthia and Hiddo Mulder will help you in any way possible, to make your stay as pleasant as can be. Wifi is available as well. Short walk to the beach - steep hill but do-able. This is our 3rd visit there and looking forward to another. Thank you all!

Room tip: Ask for rooms facing the water, if possible.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2018

We arrived by ferry and what a beautiful island and nice sandy beach. The bed and /breakfast is up the hill, we were on top floor and the view is amazing. There were 4 of us and plenty of room ,2 bedrooms, kitchen, sitting room and balcony overlooking the water. We enjoyed the hammocks for a rest and the breeze amazing. We had the breakfast cooked from onsite staff it was excellent. The owners were there and they are filled with information to help with anything you may need , They also own a restaurant on beach Calaloo where the food is wonderful. A great getaway from the city of Panama. Would definitely stay here is we come back to Panama. Thank you Cynthia and all your staff.

Room tip: best views, breaksfast amazing
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Great escape. Clean, economical, friendly owner Cynthia. Neat island. Cynthia also owns a terrific restaurant in town.Would go again in a heartbeat. Get the fish sandwich at her restaurant. The island is close to Panama City and a great escape. Restaurant is Gourmet!!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
RanchitoCerrito, General Manager at Cerrito Tropical Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Thanks Bill! It was great to have you as a guest and spend time with you at our restaurant by the beach, Calaloo. Hope to see you one day again in your travels!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

After 2 years I came back to Panama and of course I had to visit Taboga which means I HAD to go to Cerrito Tropical. The place is renewed. New doors, new veranda, new face!! the optics are more than great.

So I had the LA PALMA suite and I had it all. The view from my private balcony was breathtaking. I had comfortable chairs to sit and let my mind escape routine, cold beverages in my own kitchen, the rooms have a new style and decorations are very well thought of. On top of it all, I had hot water and free wifi that reached inside my bedroom.

I wasnt expecting any less to be honest, but the new face of Cerrito lifted my spirit from the minute I set foot on the property. To be honest, Cerrito did it again!

Room tip: best view on the second floor
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
RanchitoCerrito, Owner at Cerrito Tropical Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you so much Victoria! we love to see our guests return again and again. Our family of Cerrito & Taboga fans continues to grow as we also evolve to meet your needs. Please visit us again soon. If you want anything special, no problem just let us know! Have a sunny Cerrito Day!