Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
View deal
SAVE US$13
Orbitz.com
Hotels.comUS$83
All reviews callaloo the owner tasty food on foot great hostess hill
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2018

We enjoyed a lovely two days at Cerrito Tropical, enjoying the view of the water, with the ships waiting to enter the Panama Canal. Breakfast, cooked by Aristedes, the handyman, caretaker, cook, all rolled into one, was very good. Coffee of course is fabulous. Accommodations were very comfortable, Beautiful breeze off the water cooled the rooms, but there is also air conditioning that works extremely well. Colours are bright and lively, ,just want you want to see down south. Lovely to meet fellow travellers and exchange travel tips and stories. Hosts,, Cynthia and Hiddo Mulder will help you in any way possible, to make your stay as pleasant as can be. Wifi is available as well. Short walk to the beach - steep hill but do-able. This is our 3rd visit there and looking forward to another. Thank you all!

Room tip: Ask for rooms facing the water, if possible.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2018

We arrived by ferry and what a beautiful island and nice sandy beach. The bed and /breakfast is up the hill, we were on top floor and the view is amazing. There were 4 of us and plenty of room ,2 bedrooms, kitchen, sitting room and balcony overlooking the water. We enjoyed the hammocks for a rest and the breeze amazing. We had the breakfast cooked from onsite staff it was excellent. The owners were there and they are filled with information to help with anything you may need , They also own a restaurant on beach Calaloo where the food is wonderful. A great getaway from the city of Panama. Would definitely stay here is we come back to Panama. Thank you Cynthia and all your staff.

Room tip: best views, breaksfast amazing
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Great escape. Clean, economical, friendly owner Cynthia. Neat island. Cynthia also owns a terrific restaurant in town.Would go again in a heartbeat. Get the fish sandwich at her restaurant. The island is close to Panama City and a great escape. Restaurant is Gourmet!!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
RanchitoCerrito, General Manager at Cerrito Tropical Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Thanks Bill! It was great to have you as a guest and spend time with you at our restaurant by the beach, Calaloo. Hope to see you one day again in your travels!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

After 2 years I came back to Panama and of course I had to visit Taboga which means I HAD to go to Cerrito Tropical. The place is renewed. New doors, new veranda, new face!! the optics are more than great.

So I had the LA PALMA suite and I had it all. The view from my private balcony was breathtaking. I had comfortable chairs to sit and let my mind escape routine, cold beverages in my own kitchen, the rooms have a new style and decorations are very well thought of. On top of it all, I had hot water and free wifi that reached inside my bedroom.

I wasnt expecting any less to be honest, but the new face of Cerrito lifted my spirit from the minute I set foot on the property. To be honest, Cerrito did it again!

Room tip: best view on the second floor
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
RanchitoCerrito, Owner at Cerrito Tropical Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you so much Victoria! we love to see our guests return again and again. Our family of Cerrito & Taboga fans continues to grow as we also evolve to meet your needs. Please visit us again soon. If you want anything special, no problem just let us know! Have a sunny Cerrito Day!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I don´t know where to start...everything´s was just perfect! The room, the price, the view, the owner Cynthia.....
After having a bad experience in another hotel I spent a wonderful night in an accommodation for four and had the best view you could get on the island. The price for the room was ridiculously low. It costs you about 2 USD to get from the hotel to the beach, but it was worth the money. I was also able to store my lugguage at Cynthia´s restaurent for almost the whole afternoon.
Tabogo itself is not worth visiting it, but staying in this hotel and enjoying the beautiful view from the balcony is definitely worth the visit!

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
RanchitoCerrito, Owner at Cerrito Tropical Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Thank you so much for choosing us! What a beautiful review, you are so kind.
If guests like to walk there are some interesting walking routes through the village that will get you to the beach. We offer the storage for luggage because it makes it much easier when it is time to leave, plus you can enjoy a delicious lunch and frothy ice cold drink with a beach view from our Calaloo Restaurant. Our guests become like family. Hope to see you again someday.