Lowest prices for your stay
US$83
ZenHotels.com
Booking.comUS$70
Expedia.comUS$83
PricelineUS$70
All reviews callaloo the owner tasty food on foot great hostess hill
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2017

After 2 years I came back to Panama and of course I had to visit Taboga which means I HAD to go to Cerrito Tropical. The place is renewed. New doors, new veranda, new face!! the optics are more than great.

So I had the LA PALMA suite and I had it all. The view from my private balcony was breathtaking. I had comfortable chairs to sit and let my mind escape routine, cold beverages in my own kitchen, the rooms have a new style and decorations are very well thought of. On top of it all, I had hot water and free wifi that reached inside my bedroom.

I wasnt expecting any less to be honest, but the new face of Cerrito lifted my spirit from the minute I set foot on the property. To be honest, Cerrito did it again!

Room tip: best view on the second floor
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
RanchitoCerrito, Owner at Cerrito Tropical Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you so much Victoria! we love to see our guests return again and again. Our family of Cerrito & Taboga fans continues to grow as we also evolve to meet your needs. Please visit us again soon. If you want anything special, no problem just let us know! Have a sunny Cerrito Day!

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I don´t know where to start...everything´s was just perfect! The room, the price, the view, the owner Cynthia.....
After having a bad experience in another hotel I spent a wonderful night in an accommodation for four and had the best view you could get on the island. The price for the room was ridiculously low. It costs you about 2 USD to get from the hotel to the beach, but it was worth the money. I was also able to store my lugguage at Cynthia´s restaurent for almost the whole afternoon.
Tabogo itself is not worth visiting it, but staying in this hotel and enjoying the beautiful view from the balcony is definitely worth the visit!

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
RanchitoCerrito, Owner at Cerrito Tropical Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Thank you so much for choosing us! What a beautiful review, you are so kind.
If guests like to walk there are some interesting walking routes through the village that will get you to the beach. We offer the storage for luggage because it makes it much easier when it is time to leave, plus you can enjoy a delicious lunch and frothy ice cold drink with a beach view from our Calaloo Restaurant. Our guests become like family. Hope to see you again someday.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for 3 nights in this quaint place. Everything was good. Nice staff, good breakfast, comfortable bed and clean. I don't remember the man who was in charged but he was so helpful and nice.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 10 May 2017

After 15 days of having booked and canceled the 50% we arrived at the hotel and we got the surprise they lost our reservation
We called the person in charge and did not know how to solve the excuse that we could not communicate either by CELLPHONE, EMAIL, CHAT ... they were very rude, they never came to try to help us, they wanted to give us a small room without kitchen, No refrigerator for which we paid, did not have the concideracion to give us the face to give us the money, so we had to go to the restaurant of the hotel that is at the beginning of the island withdraw our money (AT NO TIME DISAPPOINTED) and We had to get another hotel, at least the other Hotel was clean and the people were KIND.
I recommend it only if you want to take a bad impression of the island, which does not do it justice as TABOGA IS A BEAUTIFUL ISLAND

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RanchitoCerrito, General Manager at Cerrito Tropical Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear Sonia
Thank you for your comments. Taboga is a beautiful island. Without a reference to your reservation we have difficulty to address your issues. However, the person in charge on site is able to communicate by phone, and by chat. As in our website, the owners are not always onsite however we have a person 24 hours a day managing Cerrito. We have refrigerators in all the rooms. If you did not have it it may have been being serviced, we could have supplied one. Not all our rooms have kitchens, please be aware that if you want a kitchen the rate is higher and it is an apartment you are booking, not a room. Bed and breakfast rooms do not have kitchens. We are the most economical accommodation on Taboga and support the local economy by having local employees; we believe in sustainable tourism. We do our best to offer our clients a friendly, relaxed service, however we are not 5 star, and do not profess to be 5 star. It is good to see your received your refund 100% when it was not what you expected. We were very busy. There was no discussion, we want our clients to be satisfied.
So in the end you did not stay with us,
so unfortunately we did not have the chance to allow you to experience the relaxed atmosphere, the fresh breezes, the hammocks, and the ocean view we offer from the balcony. We are happy you enjoyed Taboga.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Having a recommendation made to us, we stayed here for two nights. Well worth it. Good people who took good care of us. While the taxi carts are available we enjoyed the walk, multiple times up and down the hill and down the main passage of Taboga. The quiet gardens and hammock respites are a real treat.

Room tip: being a bed and breakfast, the morning meal was good, albeit slight.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RanchitoCerrito, General Manager at Cerrito Tropical Eco Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Dear Ron,
We really appreciate your lovely review and that fact that you appreciated our location on the hill, while it is a climb it offers a lovely view, quiet, safe and has fresh breezes due to our hillside location beside the forest.
About the breakfast, we offer 2 options of stay, with and without breakfast. The breakfast value is $4.50 plus tax and set breakfast includes 2 eggs, toast, jam and coffee or tea or pancakes. Yours may have been included. If you wish to have more food the chef can whip up an omelet or extra pancakes etc. I mention this because we have many future guests who read our responses and reviews.
We truly appreciate your stay and comments!