Hotels.com
eDreams
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

I went to Isla Taboga without making any reservation, luckily this was my first hotel i contacted when i got there. They were kind enough to make a discount since i was i was solo and was staying for one night. The room while it was small it had an amazing view, it was clean and bathroom too. The TV wasn't working but I didn't care about that. The service was good too thanks to the people who work there, however the old lady seems to be always in a bad mood

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I was on my honemoon at this hotel, the entire island actually is not that touristic, the hotels in general are basic, not too many restaurants, the few close early and the quality of the food is not that good.

Breakfast at the hotel, not recommended at all.

The island is beautiful, the weather is perfect and is not that crowded.

In general, although this is not a very nice hotel, the options are quite limited, there are only about 4 - 5 'decent' option, if you are willing to stay at a hostel, there are many but I personally didn't like any.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2017

I just got back from my 10th yearly visit to Isla Taboga and, as always, I stayed in Vereda Tropical Hotel for 15 days. The staff and cooks are the same--very friendly and helpful. Something I learned this time is that Abdiel, who's been on staff for 11 years, is a computer wizard. He helped my smart phone when the island internet system shut down. All three meals served continued to be very good--Emilio does a great job. The view is one of the best from the terrace. Daily, a travel company walks its guests up to the hotel for the view. Again, I wasn't disappointed.
This hotel is very popular with travelers. This time I met people from: Holland, Italy, Germany, Scotland, Ireland, Spain, France, England, Canada, Colombia, Venezuela, Mongolia and the USA.

Room tip: I always choose room #8. No air-conditioner is needed as the ocean breeze comes in through the French doors. I never closed the doors.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank rorona7654
Reviewed 12 March 2017

This hotel has stunning views but the staff are generally unfriendly towards guests and the inclusive breakfast is poor.

The hotel is situated in a lovely position on the hillside in the middle of the town overlooking the bay.

We knew that we were early and check in was not until 2.00pm but we needed somewhere to leave our luggage.

That said we found little welcome when we arrived at 10.00am. We did all the formal checking in and left our bags in reception. Not once did the lady smile or make us feel welcome. Still we went off to explore for the rest of the morning and returned at 2.30pm. On return the same lady indicated that our room was now ready and gave us the key and pointed in the direction of the room which was on the first floor. She made no attempt to take us to the room or help or get help for our bags. She just watched us struggle up the steep stairs.

The room was small with everything we needed with a little balcony with doors which opened wide giving a magnificent airy view of the bay. The room did not have air conditioning but the ceiling fan was fine and anyway we chose to sleep with the balcony doors open. Which was great as it felt as if we were camping.

The inclusive breakfast was meagre. Two fried or scrambled eggs two small pieces of toast a small container of strawberry jam and a pat of butter. We were also allowed one cup of coffee and had to pay for a top up.

We were disappointed when returned to our room at the end of our first day as it was just as we'd left it. The bed was not made and there were no fresh towels. We had not read the regulations on the back of the door which stated we have to ask to have our room cleaned. No mention of this was made at check in. There is nowhere else in town for an evening meal so we had no option but to eat at the hotel. The food was just ok medium to small portions but it was always served luke warm. How they managed to cook and cool the food before it reaches the table is a mystery.

By our forth morning breakfast with no choice became a bore we'd had the same for the past three mornings. The only choice was to pay extra and eat off the menu. We would not pay extra as the evening meals were just ok and we assumed that breakfast would be the same.

Overall a reasonable place to stay for a day or two.

If the lady at the desk was more pleasant and they gave you that little extra at breakfast at least a top up of coffee and an extra piece of toast it would be a great place to stay.

Room tip: Get a room with a sea view
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2017

I stayed at Vereda Tropical 14-20 feb 2017 and much to my surprise the breakfast wasn't what I thought it would be. I booked a room with breakfast inclusive and when I turned up I received breakfast vouchers stating that I now had Continental breakfast incl. So far so good. It turned out that breakfast was ONE portion of scrambled or fried eggs and ONE cup of coffee ! Every day. That's all ! I could of cause chose something else, pancakes e.g. but then I was charged for that too...same about another cup of coffee ! That is called 'a meal' and NOT continental breakfast ! Just be aware of this before you think you get a decent breakfast. A weird way to run a hotel. Apart from that the building is very nice and the location is super.

Date of stay: February 2017