All reviewsdowntown boqueteapartment was very cleanthe ownerbig bedroomplates and utensilsno hot waterself cateringliving roomtwo blockscomfy bedwithin walking distancebeautiful gardensmall kitchencoffee makerlocal birdslocation is excellentcentral park
Reviewed 15 June 2018

The staff at Downtown Suites were VEREY kind, courteous and helpful. The place is clean and furnished with most of what you need for a relaxing and comfortable visit. Hot water for a showers, on demand, is an issue, but I guess that happens a lot in Boquete. I did, really, miss a comfortable chair to sit in and read -- both inside the suite, and on the lanai. That is an important need for me. I enjoyed my stay there very much, and would certainly stay there again..

Room Tip: Ask for a sofa or comfortable chair in the room and on the lanai.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Great motel, with netflix and fast internet. Very friendly and accomodating owner and staff, We were put in a suite and had a seperate living room w/couch, small but manageable kitchen and large double room. There was also access to a hot tub. The whole town is within walking distance, and there are some great dinner places close (including an incredible mexican place) I would highly recommend anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: All one floor hotel. Bedrooms in suites are closer to back, which is quiter.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2018

On our second trip to Boquete we decided to stay within walking distance of the center of town to facilitate our explorations. Downtown Suites is two blocks from the central park and next to the river so it's on the edge of the town in a way, yet still downtown. It's off the main road which can be quite noisy, so we weren't bothered by traffic. The suite is good sized with a living room/kitchen area inside the front door. The kitchen has the basics including plates and utensils, stove top, sink, fridge and coffee maker and although we did not do any cooking it was certainly possible. A hallway which has a closet area and drawers for storage leads to the bedroom in the back of the building which faces the river. Bed was comfy, bathroom great, everything worked, plenty of hot water. The bedroom has a door to the backside where there is a roofed porch with stools facing a garden area and a good view of the hills to the east. We saw some of the famous rainbows here. We had no problems with the facility and Josue at the front desk was quite friendly and helpful. On the downside the room seemed rather sparsely equipped, like the bare minimum, which is to say it wasn't fancy. The couch seemed a little out of whack as it leaned back at a reclining angle and didn't seem to be adjustable. Maid service was intermittent, leading us to think that maybe they were understaffed. In spite of that our stay at Downtown Suites was great and we would stay there again. A great bargain for the price and easy to walk to stores and restaurants etc.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but numbers 1 and 2 (I think) at the north end of the building have some street exposure.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018

My parents, sister, and I had two rooms at the Downtown Suites. When we arrived, Josue was there to help us settle in and figure out a couple of Boquete tours to take during our day and a half in the town. He directed us to a couple places to eat and we had a great meal at an Italian restaurant he recommended. He was happy to accommodate us when we needed extra towels for drying out washed clothes and to bring to a hot springs tour. He set us up with a great tour by Arte Hostal. We was warm, welcoming, and seemed invested in making our stay comfortable.

The suites have a front room with a sofa, coffee table, dining bar, and kitchenette. The garden in the back is beautiful and has a jacuzzi but we didn't have time to use it during our stay. We had some trouble with getting hot water for the showers the first night, but after Josue checked it the second day it was fine. This is downtown, so there might be some street noise - but that's what you'd get for being a couple blocks from the main street. My family and I were very happy with our stay (and especially with Josue's hospitality) and we would stay there again if we ever go back to Boquete.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2018

It was very nice there!!! Locatet in the mid town of Boquete, bars and restaurantes were very close und good reachable. The staff was very friendly and helpfull!! I would really recommend this place for a stay in Boquete. We did a lot in the time we were there and i would really recommend to visit Boquete Ehen you are in Panama.

Room Tip: Very nice Garden to relax!!
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple