All reviews large fireplace garden view junior suite ceviche walk in closet porch area trout maintained garden panama city beautiful inn our room was spacious close to town boquete area stayed nights collins highlands flowers
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We were staying elsewhere but the restaurant was highly recommended. It was a Wednesday night and the restaurant was empty. We went into their bar which was lovely. A great fireplace around which to have a drink. We went back to eat. I had the corvina ceviche. Ceviche is supposed to be seafood cooked in acid flavors. The fish had clearly been precooked and the acid and onions added later. My friend ordered pork cheeks which are supposed to be small tenderly cooked pork. She got some kind of ribs which we questioned as to whether it was pork. My husband had the smoked pork chop and it was dry. My other friend had the chicken ramen type dish and he said it was tasteless. So, a dinner of disappointment. Service was good but since we were the only ones there, it should have been.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2018

The Panamonte was one of our highlights in our visit to Panama. It is simply beautiful and well run. The gardens were well maintained and beautiful. We stayed for dinner for 2 nights because the food was outstanding--trout!! We could walk easily from there into town (which isn't much but more restaurants, pharmacy, etc) There is a bar with a large fireplace which was so comfortable and welcoming. Our room seemed very private, clean. (BTW, no bellhops)

Room Tip: All rooms have doors that open into the gardens. The hotel isn't that large so everything is closeby.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Ive stayed at the Panamonte since a little girl with my family and always loved it, however I stayed two days recently and found it somewhat lacking the special attention to making my stay a pleasant one. The service was very slow, check in and out a total disaster. Even making reservations was poor. I was told they had a new system and it wasn’t working well but apparently it didn’t work well for several weeks. I’m sorry I didn’t have a good experience.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Quiet hotel just on the outskirts of town. Walking distance to lots of restaurants and activities. Gardens are beautiful. Rooms are large. Showers are hot. Restaurant is very good. It has a large bar area with comfortable seats and fireplace. A great area to hang out.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cindy301
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Panamonte at the recommendation of a travel consultant we highly respect and who is also Panamanian. Unfortunately we have to agree with our fellow travelers: service provided by the hotel staff is lacking. This started months prior to our arrival when emails went unanswered. We booked in July ‘17 for January and asked for a quiet room and junior suite. We were put in room #1 next to a family of four with small children. Rooms 1 through 6 have external entrances with porches. This means we would hear individuals from each unit pass our room on the brick walkway. When we asked for a room change we were told this was impossible. Then an hour later we were shown room 23, a quiet junior suite on the second floor, which was unoccupied. However we were told we couldn’t change rooms until the following day. The next morning it took 1.5 hours for housekeeping to prepare what looked like a clean room the night before. Room 23 was spacious, comfortable and quiet.

Staff misinformed us on the need for reservations at Retrogusto. Great location for walking to all in-town restaurants. No need for a car.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple