“Excellent”

Chiriqui River Rafting
Reviewed 10 January 2015 via mobile

We booked a day trip with Chiriqui rafting and had a great time. The owner (Hector) is helpful and made the entire booking process simple. The guides were enthusiastic. The rafting was fast and exciting but safe enough that I wasn't worried about my 12 year old at all.
We also booked 2 nights in Hector and Linda's bunkhouse. It was simple and clean accomodation and we had our own kitchen which was terrific. There place is a bit out of the way but was exactly the experience we were looking for. Our 2 night stay turned into 6 nights as we enjoyed the area and our hosts so much.

All reviews
"panama"
in 9 reviews
"trees"

Reviewed 10 January 2015

they said rapids were class 3-4 in fact they were mostly 1-2. it was beautiful and fun but more like tubing than rafting.

2  Thank deborah k
Reviewed 5 January 2015

Definitely book your tour once you get to Boquete. I emailed the guy for this and he charged $80.00 p/p. Once we got there we realized that most places are just as good an only charge $65.00 p/p with the same amenities. Otherwise the scenery was good and the guides were very friendly.

1  Thank Austin G
Reviewed 1 January 2015

This was an awesome experience. We had between 3 and 3 1/2 hours on the water and it was tons of fun. There were lots of rapids, and the guide gave instructions (in English) to keep us safe. We did not capsize (although according to the guide it happens fairly often).

I never felt in danger but it was still really exciting bouncing over the waves. We took a quick break for lunch - it was sandwiches and salad - basically got the job done for the experience. We had more time on the water than the organizer said (which was great) and there were more rapids than I thought - there weren't long periods of rowing through flat water.

The only reason that I'm not giving five stars is that I wish the organizer had mentioned he did not accept credit cards. We corresponded over email and when we were given the price of $85 per person (certainly reasonable) and told that we could pay later, we assumed credit would be accepted. We had enough cash so it worked out fine, but we still were caught a little off guard. But it was a great experience and the value was fair. I would recommend the activity.

Tips:

You can lose stuff overboard (a couple in our boat lost a camera) so don't bring anything two valuable or secure it. Small things can be squeezed under the parts in middle of the boat.

You'll need some kind of shoes to walk over a few rocky areas when getting in the boat, but cheap flip flops are fine.

As mentioned, this is CASH ONLY.

2  Thank BoatsBootsBalloons
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 December 2014

My wife an I joined a rafting trip. It was action packed and we made tons of friends. The bus took a little over two hours to get to the location, which is near the border with Costa Rica. We got into the raft and launched on our 5 hours rafting journey (including an hour for lunch. Our guide, Tini, was really funny. We took amazing pictures and videos and everyone made it safe, besides half of our boat falling in the water at one point or another. Would do it again!

2  Thank OuterLimitTraveller