“Rough waters, fun times”

Chiriqui River Rafting
Reviewed 1 January 2015

This was an awesome experience. We had between 3 and 3 1/2 hours on the water and it was tons of fun. There were lots of rapids, and the guide gave instructions (in English) to keep us safe. We did not capsize (although according to the guide it happens fairly often).

I never felt in danger but it was still really exciting bouncing over the waves. We took a quick break for lunch - it was sandwiches and salad - basically got the job done for the experience. We had more time on the water than the organizer said (which was great) and there were more rapids than I thought - there weren't long periods of rowing through flat water.

The only reason that I'm not giving five stars is that I wish the organizer had mentioned he did not accept credit cards. We corresponded over email and when we were given the price of $85 per person (certainly reasonable) and told that we could pay later, we assumed credit would be accepted. We had enough cash so it worked out fine, but we still were caught a little off guard. But it was a great experience and the value was fair. I would recommend the activity.

Tips:

You can lose stuff overboard (a couple in our boat lost a camera) so don't bring anything two valuable or secure it. Small things can be squeezed under the parts in middle of the boat.

You'll need some kind of shoes to walk over a few rocky areas when getting in the boat, but cheap flip flops are fine.

As mentioned, this is CASH ONLY.

2  Thank BoatsBootsBalloons
"panama"
in 9 reviews
"trees"

Reviewed 28 December 2014

My wife an I joined a rafting trip. It was action packed and we made tons of friends. The bus took a little over two hours to get to the location, which is near the border with Costa Rica. We got into the raft and launched on our 5 hours rafting journey (including an hour for lunch. Our guide, Tini, was really funny. We took amazing pictures and videos and everyone made it safe, besides half of our boat falling in the water at one point or another. Would do it again!

2  Thank OuterLimitTraveller
Reviewed 25 December 2014

As a professional river guide in water up to class V, I anticipated a great Class 3 + trip. Had my GoPro on my helmet and sat up front with another young kid with a GoPro. Unfortunately the front of the raft had no foot holds like the thwarts in the mid section and back so I flipped out twice and knocked my seat mate out once in big water. Water warm and not too dangerous but if you go with an outfitter make sure he has a kayaker rescue boat like the outfitter ahead of us and toe/foot holds in the front of the raft. Great video of falling in river and guide was good with a throw rope to haul me in. 71 yr. olf Geezer

5  Thank John F
Reviewed 20 November 2014

Chiriqui River Rafting was an amazing experience! It was my first time water rafting and had a great time! The staff picked me up in front of Hotel Palo Alto and also dropped me back at hotel. The guides were really cool, and spoke both english and spanish. The guides also gave us clear instructions before heading out to the river. For the most part the level was about a 3, and 2 1/2 and everyone had a great time. Lunch is also included.

3  Thank Arnulfo R