All reviews yogurt endless pool yoga classes sauna and steam room the owner small pool late at night small hotel reception area walk into town beautiful grounds visit boquete cable tv each morning facilities chiropractor brian
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We had 2 dream nights at this hotel. Bryan, at the front desk, welcomed us very pleasantly, he makes all to be pleasant throughout our stay and we thank him warmly. Our room overlooked a beautiful green garden and have a nice terace. We enjoyed a very nice indoor pool that overlooks the garden, the jacuzi and sauna. The massages are also at the top! Many thanks to Fatima for this great time. We absolutely recommend the Hecen Spa Hotel!
Karine et Pascal (from France)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
The-Haven-Spa, Manager at The Haven and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

So very happy you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us
The Haven team

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I'm here for 4 nights, one so far. I've not used the spa or gym facilities yet. I toured them. They aren't grand like a spa or gym would be in a place like Arizona. So you do shift your expectations to a different standard. The pool is indoors and you you have to book it because some people "like to swim alone" which seemed really odd to me. But i'ts small and not usable for laps and i see no point in wallowing around someone else's pool anyway. The Jacuzzi was out of order. Also not a fan of the mass use Jacuzzi so that doesn't matter to me either. The cardio area was small but equipment looked new. Same for weights. Looked pretty decent and new.

The cost of spa serivces are American, not Panamanian. The massage cost is 3x that of a massage one of my fellow students had in town. Same for a pedicure. I'd expect the quality is higher but i've not yet tried anything so i can't comment.

The staff was phenomenal on check in. Happily obliged my request for slow Spanish communications since I'm studying Spanish. The hotel room itself is lovely. It's quiet, it's serene, it's clean, it's sizable, the bed's comfortable, they provide small things like having a lot of hangers, ceiling fans AND AC, etc. The bathroom is large with a huge clean tub and a small shower. There's a fridge and two coffee makers (drip and press) because they are VERY serious about their coffee here in Boquete. There's a microwave and a kettle as well. There's a small kitchenette with breakfast food provided. There's no restaurant here.

I came from a week in Isla Verde which is an often positively reviewed hotel here in the center of Boquete. The shower there was filthy, there were ants all over the kitchen and I had to ask them to clean the room. When i told them about the ants, she said "they are a problem here" and gave me a can of bug spray that didn't work. LOL. Not everyone I knew atIsla Verde had the same experience so it depends alot on the room i think. But just as a point of comparison, the Haven is at a completely different standard.

If you like the center of town, this isn't it. But it's not far. Easily walkable plus there are taxis. So don't let that put you off. I've only seen two places but I can't imagine this isn't one of the nicest places to stay in Boquete. If you book early i think its good value. I moved over here last minute because I couldn't take another week at Isla so i rated it average for value because i paid what i feel was a lot for Boquete. But i've seen it for $120/night and at that rate it's a great value.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
The-Haven-Spa, Manager at The Haven and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you BEK traveler, for your review, I hope you enjoy the remainder of your stay in Boquete and thank you for choosing to move to The Haven. Good luck with the rest of your Spanish classes.
We wish you a safe journey home
Best wishes The Haven Team

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Great therapeutic massages. Very, very clean. Yoga classes in a separate gym space. Small pool with adjustable power jets. A full set of exercise machines in pristine condition. Sauna, dry heat sauna etc.
I visited multiple times and enjoyed myself thoroughly. Highly recommended !!

Room Tip: Not sure, check on availability.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
The-Haven-Spa, General Manager at The Haven and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you for your recommendation, very happy to hear you enjoy your time with us
Stay active from The Haven Team

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Quiet spot within a 10 minute walk to town. Walk the back roads into town as it is peaceful with interesting rural sites. We chose a different one each day. You have to book the pool as it has one of those current machines. A swim workout and hot tub each morning was a great way to start the day. This place also provides chiropractic and acupuncturist services. People in the comminity use these services along with yoga classes. Breakfast is basic. Not sure about the ham and cheese bun which is included but rest was nice.

Room Tip: A king would have been nice. Didn't use the A/C as the cool breeze through the screened windows was great.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
The-Haven-Spa, General Manager at The Haven and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Many thanks for your review, glad to hear you enjoyed your daily swim and walk.
Best wishes The Haven Team

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Good location close to Boquete. Nice surroundings. Excellent gym! Very nice breakfast provided in your room. Excellent swimming pool. Excellent service.
Boquete is known for nice weather, excellent volcanic soil which provides garden vegetables and coffee plantations. Recommend visiting Finca dos Jefes in Boquete. Very good coffee plantation tour.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review. So very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hope you have a pleasant journey back home.
Best wishes from The Haven Team