“The burnt ends are delicious!”
Review of Butcher Bar

Butcher Bar
Ranked #3 of 600 Restaurants in Astoria
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Best Barbecue in Astoria, Queens! We're not only a Barbecue Smokehouse, but we are actually a full scale Butcher Shop as well!
Reviewed 23 October 2016

I got the burnt ends with a side of sweet potatoes and both were delicious! It was my first experience with burnt ends and was definitely not disappointed. I also had their Old Fashioned Apple Pie cocktail (might be a seasonal thing) and that was amazing too. It was garnished with a cinnamon stick, making it a great drink for cinnamon lovers. I was surprised at the end of my meal to be offered a complimentary slice of cake! I don't know if this is common since it was my first time there, but it really put a great end to the night.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

Every single bite of food on our table was delicious! We had the sample platter (plenty of food for 2) with "meat candy" burnt ends, ribs and grilled chicken. It was so good!!! There's just no other words... amazing!!! Our server was friendly and knowledgeable. The place was clean, classy and beautiful....even the bathroom!!! The prices were surprisingly reasonable for fresh and organic fare!

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Excellent place for meat lovers. We had the Porky's Plate, which was beyond all the expectations and absolutely unique and delicious The Austin salad.

Very rich menu and selection to everyone's taste.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

So we came here to have dinner with our boss/friend since he has been here before and said it was pretty good. First go after 7pm, parking is way easier and business start closing, not sure about how far the train is but it look like a couple of blocks. We got the butcher platter (ribs, pulled pork, and brisket) and the 2 sides we got were the beets and string beans. The ribs and pulled pork and sides were good, I wasn't a fan of the brisket but you can't please everyone. My bf wasn't a fan of the ribs, while I liked the bone...go figure. Service was great a and very friendly. The place was well kept and the bathroom was clean...always a plus.

Our only disappointment was they ran out of burnt ends...we are coming back just for burnt ends....I want burnt ends.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

WOW !!!!! First and foremost a very CLEAN an spacious restaurant. Meats ARE grass feed and Organic. Servers are all happy and willing to serve. We went yesterday, Fathers Day 2016. Our server was quite welcoming ( it was our first time ) and informative. She let us know that the most sort after cuts, Burnt ends, would not be available until a lil after Noon, we arrived around 11:30. This was great as it helped not to have ordered that only to wait a very long time. My wif and I ordered the Brisket, Creamy Mac & Cheese, and the fresh cut Fries ( we shared 1/2 of each side ) server even brought over a plate anticipating our sharing. Great knowledge of non verbal queues! The Brisket as with all orders from the "Carve board" are by the 1/4 Lb. You will not need a Knife. The Brisket was so tender and flavorful. The Mac & Cheese is quite creamy ant the Fresh cut Fries was a great choice! So we of course ordered the Burnt ends to go. Having had them now WOW....so very tender and flavorful you don't need any BBQ sauce or sauce of any kind. I usually say my Hot food must be hot and Cold food cold, but the Burnt ends are so good eating them cold, not s problem!!! I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant.