All reviews room layout comfortable bed hotel is modern nice balcony ideal location staff were helpful and friendly buffet breakfast other hotels family room in town free wifi night stay rooms are clean on arrival within walking distance place to stay kok
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

This place was my favourite place to stay during our trip.
Although we were here during the time the town had no power. During this time the staff were able to make cold breakfasts for all and in between the power off and on coffee. The professional standards during the power cut were high they brought in some emergency lights for breakfast.
One recommendation would be install some emergency lighting in stairwells.

The man who was on the counter who told me I couldn't say T.I.A your banter was awsome and we enjoyed walking past was a good change to boring receptionists
The wifi here is amazing and fast.
Bedrooms could not fault these at all beds big pillows finally a good sleep and the bathroom was spacious and the shower... woow !!!!

Thanks everyone here for our awesome stay much appreciated

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Johan K, General Manager at Swakopmund Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear Claire_beer,

Thank you very much for your kind review of Swakopmund Plaza Hotel. Fortunately the town has not experience a power failure since you stayed with us. Thank you for the recommendation for the emergency lights, I will look to change this as soon as possible.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

We stayed here at the end of a wonderful tour. Very nice clean room . On the morning of our checkout we were counting our money we had remaining as we were departing Namibia for Rwanda, in my wife’s purse was Namibian dollars, euros and Stirling. Unfortunately she left her purse on the side when we went for breakfast on our return some Namibian dollars gone all of the Stirling and euros gone . We know we should of taken it with us or placed in the safe however This left a bad taste on what was a lovely room and location

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Johan K, General Manager at Swakopmund Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Mr Clay,

Firstly, please accept my sincerest apology. I was extremely shocked when this review was placed on tripadvisor, prompting my immediate investigation into the matter. Unfortunately we can not accept any responsibility or be held liable in any way when you did not store your valuable in the room safe provided.It is also very difficult to confront the staff when the guests are not here anymore to get all the details of missing items.

All our rooms are equipped with a laptop safe that even leaves an audit trail for cases where possible theft from the safes are suspected. I can also advise travellers to make a note of the serial numbers on their currencies, or use a stamp to mark them. This makes it easy for the Bureaus de Change to recall and identify dubious exchanges.

Once again, please accept my humblest apologies, but please remember to use your room safe in future.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

We arrived at the hotel after a long journey from Solitaire. What a lovely greeting we had from all the staff. We were upgraded to a suite because the hotel was full. What a beautiful room. The staff were so helpful and friendly and the breakfast was excelllent. Johan, the general manager was also so very friendly and helpful to us. He greeted people in the breakfast room as if they were family. A very welcoming stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Johan K, General Manager at Swakopmund Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear NomadsWales_U_K_,

Thank you very much for your nice review. Your pleasant words will motivate me and my staff to strive for further excellence.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Clean and comfortable rooms (without any special view). Breakfast buffet with a decent choice of hot food (eggs, sausage etc).

Good location - the city is just around the corner and the jetty is just a few blocks down the road.

You can always find your way back since it is opposite the KFC, which everybody knows :)

Stayed: July 2018

Dear ylva771,

Thank you very much for writing a review for Swakopmund Plaza Hotel.

We are happy that you enjoyed our great location in Swakopmund.
You are right, unfortunately our standard rooms does not always have any special views, but if guests book our comfort rooms and junior suites, they will be treated to a lovely view over the Namib Desert and the old town.

Reviewed 30 June 2018

Dropped off after safari.
Amazed at size of room. Desk staff fast , effiecient, friendly courteous and helpful.
Needed pharmacy - two blocks away.
Told them of certain souvenir,but all recommendations did not pan out. Not just here but other locals.
Now I am frugal and there is a grocery nearby even KFC across street.
Had early departure but breakfast read half-hour earlier than schedule so got fed.

Impressed.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear PacoTheBear,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your room and I am proud of our friendly and helpful staff.

I am happy that we could be ready for breakfast due to your early departure.

Kind regards,