“Great guide. Very interesting tour.”

Charly's Desert Tours
US$52.00*
and up
Namib Desert Tour from Swakopmund
More attraction details
Owner description: Charly's Desert Tours is one of the longest operational tour companies in Namibia. Our office is a one stop booking office for all you coastal activities. We offer Living Dune Tours and other interesting day tours in and around Swakopmund. Book you Namibian holiday with us and tap into our local experience.
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We booked a tour to see the small five with Charly's Desert Tours. Our guide, Borden, is very knowledgeable and besides showing us 4 of the small 5 gave us a wealth of very interesting information. I can recommend this tour for any nature / natural history lover. Beautiful desert scenery and of course the small five (spider, gecko, lizard, snake and chameleon) are amazing to look at in their natural environment.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We booked through Charly's for a 3 hour combo tour of quad biking and sand boarding and were taken to Desert Explorers who seem to be the partner group and who own the quads. There was a mix up of days but when I rang it was quickly rectified.
The quads were new and powerful and our guide was exceptional with our family of four. We have all done this activity before but we all agreed this was our best time ever. The dunes are high and the bikes are powerful enough to climb them and get a real thrill. When we wanted to go faster we did and weren't limited to a slow "follow my leader" trip, the guide accommodated what we wanted (we had 2 teenagers). The sand boarding was fun but just used a piece of hardboard - not proper skiboards - but it went fast enough down steep dunes. We only did it once as it was so hard to walk up again but the kids did it a couple of times. When we were bored we just did more quad biking! Loved every minute!

Gerald K, Owner at Charly's Desert Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

We a Charly's Desert Tours work with a number of selected activity partners to plan our guests leisure time. We have many years of experience and great working relationships with our partners. Quadbiking is just one of the many activities to choose from. Check out our website for more options.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful trip into what they call the moon landscape of the Namib desert. Good tour guide. Especially Borden (a Scottish name for a Zim/Namib guide) is a very knowledgeable person who really tell a very all rounded story.
All and all worth going out to see this part of the world. So get your walking shoes on and take a walk on the wild side.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We were picked up from our camp site by friendly guide/driver Johnny. Full car but still loads of room. New car with awesome big windows.

Tour is 3 hours but we loved it so much could have gone longer! Nick, the 2nd guides did all the talking on the stops while Johnny walked around to find little desert critters in sand and bush that we would never of been able to see/find ourselves!

Tour provides water; tea/coffee and biscuits would have been awesome too.

Fun for everyone and you will for sure walk away more knowledgeable about the dunes and Namibia as a whole.

Gerald K, Owner at Charly's Desert Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear Aydypreez, thank you for the great review. Our guides love what they do, and I know it shows. About the tea/ coffee and biscuits..., well how do you like your coffee? Come by our office next time when you are in the area, we will make you one!

Reviewed 11 May 2017

I used Charlys Desert Tours to book 3 trips: Living Dunes, 3 hour quad bike combo, and tandem skydiving. Right from the beginning the company wrote me back (I booked from Canada) and made it quick and easy for me to pay in advance and book the days I wanted. All the tours/activities were great and I have no complaints. I personally found the Living Dunes to be a bit 'slow' at times but the guides were very knowledgeable and it is cool to go into the desert like that. The quading was AMAZING! I say book it! I booked the 3 hour combo and did the lay down sandboarding. Sandboarding is fun, just remember it is hard walking up those dunes haha. Skydiving was by far my favourite thing to do in all of Namibia- Ground Rush Adventures made sure of that. They are an amazing bunch. If I have friends travelling to Namibia I would definitely tell them about Charlys Desert Tours, they are reliable.

1  Thank Melissa C
Gerald K, Owner at Charly's Desert Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

There is a lot to do while in Swakopmund, and our team is working hard to make sure your short time here is spend well. We are working with a selected group of suppliers to book and facilitate activity bookings, and of course our own guides will make sure that the tours we offer are creating lasting memories. We offer a one stop professional service in the Swakopmund area.