“Great guides; awesome little critters”

Charly's Desert Tours
US$52.00*
and up
Namib Desert Tour from Swakopmund
More attraction details
Owner description: Charly's Desert Tours is one of the longest operational tour companies in Namibia. Our office is a one stop booking office for all you coastal activities. We offer Living Dune Tours and other interesting day tours in and around Swakopmund. Book you Namibian holiday with us and tap into our local experience.
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We were picked up from our camp site by friendly guide/driver Johnny. Full car but still loads of room. New car with awesome big windows.

Tour is 3 hours but we loved it so much could have gone longer! Nick, the 2nd guides did all the talking on the stops while Johnny walked around to find little desert critters in sand and bush that we would never of been able to see/find ourselves!

Tour provides water; tea/coffee and biscuits would have been awesome too.

Fun for everyone and you will for sure walk away more knowledgeable about the dunes and Namibia as a whole.

Gerald K, Owner at Charly's Desert Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear Aydypreez, thank you for the great review. Our guides love what they do, and I know it shows. About the tea/ coffee and biscuits..., well how do you like your coffee? Come by our office next time when you are in the area, we will make you one!

Reviewed 11 May 2017

I used Charlys Desert Tours to book 3 trips: Living Dunes, 3 hour quad bike combo, and tandem skydiving. Right from the beginning the company wrote me back (I booked from Canada) and made it quick and easy for me to pay in advance and book the days I wanted. All the tours/activities were great and I have no complaints. I personally found the Living Dunes to be a bit 'slow' at times but the guides were very knowledgeable and it is cool to go into the desert like that. The quading was AMAZING! I say book it! I booked the 3 hour combo and did the lay down sandboarding. Sandboarding is fun, just remember it is hard walking up those dunes haha. Skydiving was by far my favourite thing to do in all of Namibia- Ground Rush Adventures made sure of that. They are an amazing bunch. If I have friends travelling to Namibia I would definitely tell them about Charlys Desert Tours, they are reliable.

1  Thank Melissa C
Gerald K, Owner at Charly's Desert Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

There is a lot to do while in Swakopmund, and our team is working hard to make sure your short time here is spend well. We are working with a selected group of suppliers to book and facilitate activity bookings, and of course our own guides will make sure that the tours we offer are creating lasting memories. We offer a one stop professional service in the Swakopmund area.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

A very good tour with very good guides who found all the desert creatures by identifying their tracks etc. The guides were very informative. An excellent half day tour.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Our kids had been a bit nervous beforehand about going to the desert (thinking of snakes and scorpions) so this tour was the perfect way to start. We saw the 'little five' (gecko, lizard, chameleon, spider and snake) and the kids loved it (as did their parents!). Very impressive how they just go to a sand dune and know exactly where to dig to find the various animals.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Did this tour yesterday afternoon with nick (our guide). It was great to see this place and have so much interesting informations. Great knowledge of the region! Was fantastique. Thanks à lot