See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 February 2015

Drifters (or Greenfire, it's the same place) Lodge was a good experience in every sense: service, location, sleep quality, breakfast, information... But the best of all was the guy in charge, if I remember correctly his name was Luke. A cool dude with a lot of tips and info about anything, very helpful in organising the activities we wanted and a great company for a couple of beers. Good base to start exploring Swakop.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at Drifters in Swakop. The rooms are comfortable and spotless. Agnes had fresh piping hot brewed coffee waiting every morning and the breakfast was great with cereals, yoghurts, fruit, fresh brotchen and wholewheat rolls (collected every morning from the nearby bakery) as well as brown and white toast and real butter along with cheese and cold meats platter. Eggs were done perfectly and always, bacon or sausage and sometimes mushrooms. Was fit for a king. Agnes is a great host and is always eager to please, and chat about Swakop. Her passion and enthusiasm is contagious.
No tv in the room, which at first I was a bit disappointed, but soon realised, but it made me walk to the beach 5 minutes away, CBD 10 min walk and I saw so much of the town because, so for the first time, I now say THANK you for no TV! I hardly stayed in my room, luck would have it, the weather was also stunning.
Drifters Inn has a main house that sleeps about 15 and then, there are 4 private rooms that have 2 beds with ensuite. Laundry service is available. Overall, recommended and a huge thank you to Agnes for making feel at home!

Room Tip: Private rooms with ensuite
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I first stayed at Drifters during a business trip to Swakopmund - well, what a pleasant surprise! The lodge was not only nice it was spotlessly clean, the breakfast excellent and the staff warm and friendly particularly Agnes the manager who couldn't do enough to make my stay more welcome. Since that first visit I choose to stay at Drifters for its central location, its proximity to the beach and its inexpensive rooms. Often when I have my own guests on tour with me we will stay at Drifters in order to help make their budget go a little further and not once has anyone been disappointed.
Kathryn Haylett - safari guide and founder of "Your Safari UK"

Room Tip: The en suite rooms at the back of the property cost only a little more than the ones in the main house and are well worth the extra few pennies
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This inn is part of the Drifters chain of inns and lodges in southern Africa designed for the budget traveller. Agnes, the manager of this inn, made our stay special with her warm welcome and genuine concern for our comfort. Rooms are basic but spacious, beds are comfortable, bathrooms are shared but quite adequate. A hot breakfast is included with cereal and coffee and tea. I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a sink in the room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Clean basic rooms, sharing bathroom, nice outdoor seating area with bar, near the center of Swakopmund and opportunity to book activities through them (pick up at the inn) such as sandboarding, safaris, flights, etc.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends