We found this lovely resort after the riad we'd booked near the beach did not pass muster (I will review that place separately). It's a bit out of town, but we'd rented a car to drive to the coast from Marrakech, so it wasn't a problem for us. For those without a car, the hotel called a cab when they wanted to go into town. Honestly, we had to drag ourselves away from this beautiful place, with lovely landscaping, wonderful architecture, a heated infinity pool, and comfortable terrace for dining outdoors. The food was delicious, and they offered wonderful Moroccan wines as well as other alcoholic beverages. Our room was spacious with a comfortable bed and plenty of space for clothes storage, and the bathroom was lovely with a large, step-in rain shower with good water pressure even tho' we were on an upper floor. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We had a hammam in a gorgeous, dark marble room full of flowers and candles, and afterwards my husband had a massage while I had a facial -- all great experiences! Also, we much appreciated the separate pools, one for families with children and the other for those of us who wished for peace and quiet. There was also a family dining room and a smaller one for couples only.
My only criticism was the music. Everywhere else we've stayed and or dined in Morocco played at least some Moroccan/Middle Eastern music, which to me is part of the perks of being in Morocco. We were at Le Jardin for 4 nights, and not once did we hear any music remotely local....mostly baroque in the morning during breakfast and more modern European, British or American music during afternoons and evenings. I don't understand why they're doing this, unless most of their clients want to pretend they're not in Morocco. Anyway, on the whole, I would highly recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Essaouira hills, sheltered from the high winds in a magnificent natural setting formed over millennia by the Ksob Oued (river), the Jardin des Douars is a beautiful guest ksar (palace) dedicated to lovers of nature, authenticity, simplicity and kindness. A guesthouse of charm in voluptuous forms, constructed in accordance with Moroccan traditions and materials, combining a subtle refinement of decoration with the luxuriance of a garden for real relaxation and simplicity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Le Jardin des Douars reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Jardin Des Douars Hotel Essaouira
- Le Jardin Des Douars Essaouira