See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 February 2016

We came to Essaouria for my daughters 21st birthday party and Frederique (the owner) allowed us to take over the whole Riad. It is just perfect, in a very good location and the staff are incredibly kind and friendly. The breakfasts were all quite delicious and plentiful and the Riad is in a great location. The rooms are very pretty and all had en suite bathrooms. I thank everybody for all their help and kindness shown as nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: Al the rooms are lovely
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2016

We very much enjoyed our stay at Emeraude. We stayed at multiple Riads in Morocco, and though this hotel may or may not be considered a true Riad, we found it to be one of the best places we stayed, especially for the price.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2016

Nice riad with friendly owners! Our room was clean but very small and the shower was a little bit uncomfortable. There is no air conditioning and the room was very wet, also the bad and the sheets. We needed to put our towels on the bed to sleep.

Stayed: August 2015
Reviewed 31 December 2015

Friendly generous owner, discrete polite staff, lovely filles des chambres, small rooms but beautifully and tastefully presented - as is the roof terrace - well placed in the town, I loved it! will return. I felt I was in Morocco, not just visiting. Conseiller!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2015

It's a charming place with a friendly owner and delightfully helpful staff. We loved the roof terrace where we ate good breakfasts and spent many siesta times relaxing up there. It's very well located in the medina within easy walking distance of the harbour and beach and all the medina shops and markets. Our room on the first floor was quite big (but without a view) - the others are small but all are nicely appointed. The owner is very approachable; for example she provided me with a hair drier when I asked and volunteered a glass of honey and lemon for my husband's sore throat!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple