All reviews facing the street common areas moroccan style lovely riad every morning wifi reception heart rooftop silenced medina wardrobe desk
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Riad Etoile d'Essaouira was a home for our group for two weeks. Lovely and hassle free riad. Classical Morrocan breakfast served every morning at the rooftop. Lovely girls even boiled the eggs for us that we brought from the shop.
Some of the rooms have windows to the inside courtyard. Others have windows looking outside. If you don't like the streetvoices, ask for inside room however if you close the windows the streetnoise will be silenced quite nicely.
If you can sleep with street voices, then I definately suggest to sleep with open window. Gives the real feel of Essaouira to your nights.
Big thanx to the riad personelle and other quests!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Great place to stay and stop for a couple of days. In the center of Essaouira is this a place you can start a lot of tours. Earla morning walk in town and getting the sunrice from the terrasse. Great breakfast .... good staff at the reception which give all information you need forsome small trips around Essawouira. Rooms are very clean and daily cleaned.

Room Tip: All rrooms are easy to reach but of cours as higher the flor you stay the better. Number 10 is excellent.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Positive aspects:

-Clean,
-well located: in the old city
-beautiful Riad
-Good service from the employees
-nice breakfast on the roof terrace
-Safe place

Beach is probably 10 to 15 minutes walk from the Riad

I totally recomend....good deal for what to pay

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2017

This old riad is in the Medina but very close to the main square and the port area.
I had a room with a window overlooking the central courtyard. Next time I will choose one overlooking the street as the lighting was rather dull making it difficult to read at night. The rooms are cleaned daily.
I stayed here for 11 nights. Only once did I not have hot water. After several days I asked for a change to my breakfast as it was very carb heavy.I was served a boiled egg, a yoghurt and bread and jam, from then on. This was a healthier option for me and it was no problem to the kitchen staff.You have to be prepared to have seagulls visit the balcony but that is a pleasant additional extra free of charge.
The reception staff are very friendly and speak English. There is always someone about 24/7. The kitchen staff are also always pleasant.
I arranged a taxi pick up and a return to the airport with the riad and there were no problems. You need to be aware that the taxis cannot enter the Medina so you pay the taxi driver then you get a guy with a barrow to transport your luggage to your destination- he is paid separately by you.
As well as a handy map I was given help to make my trip to Had Dra market. The guy on reception even gave me the riad's contact card and implored me to contact them if I had any problems.I really appreciated that gesture. He also asked me about my experience as other guests were expressing an interest in making that trip and he wanted to advise them. Good customer care going on here.
The terrace is open during the day so you can relax up there if you want to. It is perfectly safe to wander around at night. Do not be put off by the riad entrance which is several metres down an alleyway.
It is not a grand,opulent place as is reflected in the price but it is a solid, reliable place staffed by friendly, helpful people right in the heart of things.It is good value for the money you pay.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard are quieter. Rooms at the front get the sun coming in.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Staff is very helpful and friendly! It's rather cheap and very well located. The rooms were big and super clean, the shower was nice and hot. I stayed there 5 days with my family. Over all a great experience!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family