“Wonderful, relaxing stay with amazing staff.”
Review of Riad Malaika

and 1 more site!
Riad Malaika
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Essaouira
Reviewed 4 October 2017

This is the best riad we have ever stayed in. Right in the centre of town, but just tucked away enough from the business. We loved the place not just because of the fantastic deco and comfortableness and spaciousness of our room, but also because of the wonderful staff.
The owner Sylvie and her team are most welcoming and accommodating people we have ever met on a trip, the chief is also amazing! Make sure you have dinner at the hotel! We have already booked our second trip to stay with them again!

Room Tip: good location, amazing food, beautiful deco, good staff.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nikita Y

Reviewed 30 September 2017

My wife and I had a nice stay here at Riad Malaika during the latter portion of our honeymoon. We stayed here for three nights. The riad arranged a complimentary porter to pick us up from the bus station and bring us (quite far) to the riad. Thank you! The staff was great. They were accommodating to our needs. We had dinner here one night (extra charge). It was good. Abdellah (concierge) and Nina (chef) were awesome. Nina made us a special cake for our honeymoon :) We did have a complaint with the Comfort Double room due to a plumbing related issue. The staff upgraded our room to the Superior Double room. Very nice. Thanks again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We really enjoyed our stay in this picturesque little Riad right in the middle of Essaouira's sprawling medina. Our room - the suite on the top floor - was very uniquely decorated with a typical Moroccan bathroom made out of - i believe it was - stone. The suite was comfortable and spacious. What was exceptional was the food at the Riad - it was the best food that we had during our stay in Morocco! Very enjoyable.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank xelasuniverse
Reviewed 21 September 2017

The Riad Malaika was absolutely perfect for my needs as a single traveller. I was greeted warmly and treated even better. Everyone was very sweet, I even was able to get an impromptu cooking lesson from Nina, the amazing star chef of the restaurant.

My room on the top floor of the riad allowed me privacy and access to the roof terrace that I had all to myself most days/evenings I was there.

A very special place, I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Essaouira and I will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: The suite on the top floor was amazing. full of light and views from every window, not to mention d...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Loveisaroadtrip
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The Riad arranged an airport transfer from Casablanca and I got there pretty late. I believe I had room 5 that was ok and the bathroom window faced the entrance of the Riad. I slept well that night but was woken pretty early in the morning by guest talking to each other and noise from the outside. Thank goodness I got back to sleep after they left. The best thing is breakfast is served throughout most of the day so I was able to eat around noonish. Breakfast was very good.

The staff was quite helpful with navigating around the medina and making restaurant recommendations. I would recommend making a reservation as soon as possible to secure a table at the Riad.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Essaouira hotels
0.1 km away
Essaouira Lodge
#12 of 75 in Essaouira
0.8 km away
Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery by Sofitel-

Been to Riad Malaika? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Riad Malaika

Address: 17 Rue Zayan, Essaouira 44000, Morocco
Region: Morocco > Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region > Essaouira
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Romantic Hotel in Essaouira
#8 Family Hotel in Essaouira
Price Range: €66 - €82 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Riad Malaika 3*
Autantic Riad Xviii In Essaouira-morroco, Quiet In The Heart Of The Medina ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Riad Malaika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Riad Malaika Hotel Essaouira