“Very authentic little Riad in Essaouira”
Review of Riad Malaika

and 1 more site!
Riad Malaika
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Essaouira
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We really enjoyed our stay in this picturesque little Riad right in the middle of Essaouira's sprawling medina. Our room - the suite on the top floor - was very uniquely decorated with a typical Moroccan bathroom made out of - i believe it was - stone. The suite was comfortable and spacious. What was exceptional was the food at the Riad - it was the best food that we had during our stay in Morocco! Very enjoyable.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank xelasuniverse

Reviewed 21 September 2017

The Riad Malaika was absolutely perfect for my needs as a single traveller. I was greeted warmly and treated even better. Everyone was very sweet, I even was able to get an impromptu cooking lesson from Nina, the amazing star chef of the restaurant.

My room on the top floor of the riad allowed me privacy and access to the roof terrace that I had all to myself most days/evenings I was there.

A very special place, I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Essaouira and I will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: The suite on the top floor was amazing. full of light and views from every window, not to mention d...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Loveisaroadtrip
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The Riad arranged an airport transfer from Casablanca and I got there pretty late. I believe I had room 5 that was ok and the bathroom window faced the entrance of the Riad. I slept well that night but was woken pretty early in the morning by guest talking to each other and noise from the outside. Thank goodness I got back to sleep after they left. The best thing is breakfast is served throughout most of the day so I was able to eat around noonish. Breakfast was very good.

The staff was quite helpful with navigating around the medina and making restaurant recommendations. I would recommend making a reservation as soon as possible to secure a table at the Riad.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2017

What a beautiful riad. I was drawn to the photos and it is even better when you get there. Easy to find and close to the main tourist area. It is so calming there and I loved the décor. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfasts were fantastic. I am glad we stayed here and would not hesitate to again.

Room Tip: As I have Asthma I found the middle room too damp. It was better when I moved to a room with an out...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2017

The location is perfect, in the old town, close to everything, but not on the most crowded road.
We were in family (3 people) so we asked for the suite. The room was wide, with a living space and the bedroom. The details were accurate, but honestly this is the only point the should improve a little.
The hall is very nice, and the welcome is warm, but what I really suggest is to reserve a dinner inside. Food is delicious, and the athmosphere has a kind of magic. In my opinion a must

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Essaouira hotels
0.1 km away
Essaouira Lodge
#12 of 75 in Essaouira
0.8 km away
Le Medina Essaouira Hotel Thalassa Sea & Spa - MGallery by Sofitel-

Been to Riad Malaika? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Riad Malaika

Address: 17 Rue Zayan, Essaouira 44000, Morocco
Region: Morocco > Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region > Essaouira
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Romantic Hotel in Essaouira
#8 Family Hotel in Essaouira
Price Range: €66 - €82 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Riad Malaika 3*
Autantic Riad Xviii In Essaouira-morroco, Quiet In The Heart Of The Medina ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Riad Malaika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Riad Malaika Hotel Essaouira