3,626 results
All reviews la faya nirvana wing indian restaurant shells restaurant nirvana area nirvana pool bay view bar nirvana guests pool bar degrees restaurant royal suite our honeymoon special thanks all inclusive package glass bottom boat water sports port louis
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon in September. We had an amazing time! The food was great, lots of choice. The staff really made it, they were all very helpful and couldn't do enough to make your stay special. Our housekeeping lady, Lillah, and bar/restaurant staff; Kamal, Anesh, Vik, Anan were all outstanding.

I would definately recommend this hotel. I am sad to be home!

1  Thank NicWebster
LeMeridienIleMaurice, The Management at Le Meridien Ile Maurice, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for taking time off in writing this review. We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Le Meridien Ile Maurice.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 18 September 2010

Stayed at le meridien for 7 nights in September. No (real) complaints - all of it good - some of it outstanding.
I had asked for sea view and we certainly had one but be careful what you wish for - it came at the cost of a 300m walk from reception! Not great if the key doesn't work or you've forgotten your sun glasses.
Room superb, even the the "Deluxe" which was the cheapest was huge, though the balcony was only big enough for two. Food excellent, especially La Faya and Shells. Beer very good - forget Phoenix - go for "Blue Marlin".
Drinks were a ridiculous price - four quid for a beer, eight quid for a cocktail (which were pretty watery - take my advice and ask for less ice but add an extra 40ml of rum) and not very special wine was easily 30 - 40 quid a bottle. There is the option to go all inclusive at 65euros a day which is worth it but wait 'till your there and that way you can specify the days. There's not much point in paying for the day if you arrive at 4pm and leave at 6am.
Having said that the food realy was good, the beach is fantastic and the staff wonderful.

1  Thank TimEastbourne

Reviewed 13 September 2010

greetings to the management & team,
when my husbabd toled me about the le meridien, i got excited and stared searching reviews.which finelly met the expection during the stay.
we stayed at nirwana wing which was beauitful, the beach was rocky so we walked towards the othere side of the hotel which is sandy.

About the food, the la faya is very good but the cumin is the best,coz we preffered idian food. i remember chef deepak and arvind,& their food. i still miss the flavour & taste.
the live band at bay wiew was good which we enjoyed almost everyday after dinner.
at night walk at bech was the best moment for us.

thanks a lot le merdidien.

Date of stay: July 2010

Reviewed 12 September 2010

We stayed here for our honeymoon in February 2010. As it was a special holiday we upgraded to the Nirvana Suites sea view and im glad we did. The food was amazing, we ate at the adults only restaurant most nights but the other restaurants are just as good. In the honeymoon package we had a special 'honeymooners' meal at Shells Restaurant and a complimentary spa treatment.
Rooms were very clean and the house keeping staff asked us everyday if we were happy with the rooms.
I did go back and have further treatments at the spa and I fully recommend to there.
I have no complaints to make at all about this hotel
Thank you for making my honeymoon so special we both said we would love to return here one day

Date of stay: February 2010

Reviewed 10 September 2010

I stayed on a week's All Inclusive package, booked through a travel agent who specialises in deals in Mauritius. As I had a free flight from Air France, I only need the hotel package.

I arrived at 8.00am and was greeted by David who works at Reception. He was very good in explaining how everything worked and managed to get me a room (SPG) within an hour - though the official check in time is 2.00pm. The AI package didn't start until 2.00pm but that didn't worry me.

The room was on the third floor and had a beautiful sea view. The room was tastefully decorated and I particularly liked the colour scheme throughout. Being a single traveller (in a Honeymooners' Paradise !) I imagined I would be given a single bedded room somewhere in the dungeons of the hotel, but no, I had been allocated a wonderful room with a wonderful view. There were no insect infestations, no problems with the air conditioning, no problems with hot water. In fact I didn't have any problems at all in the main building so I presume that other guests had upgraded to the Nirvana rooms - about which I cannot comment. My room was spotless, and the turn down service also provided fresh towels. The batteries in my TV remote control had run out, but were replaced in minutes.

I found all the staff to be extremely efficient, polite and helpful. Rajeev, Ravi, and Amit couldn't do enough for me. They made sure I never had an empty glass and taught me alot about Mauritius. At night, the entertainment changed on a daily basis and though predictable, was quite enjoyable. Sharma looked after me, exceeding all my expectations by waiting on me all night and always with a smile and kind word. All the staff helped me to have a wonderfu holiday, probably because I was alone - though I had made friends with other guests with the help of the staff !

I have never been to a hotel which has been so clean - even the pool bar by the beach was constantly being swept clean of sand (and rain on occasions). The 180 restaurant has put up netting to deter the birds flying into the restaruant and the food at the buffet is covered so that everything is kept clean. The food was of high standard, and plentiful. the buffet had more than enough choices to cater for all tastes. The food in the a la carte restaurants is equally of a high standard as is the service. I did notice, however, that some guests did not receive the same treatment as I had, but I would imagine that guests not speaking English or French would find it a problem when trying to communicate to staff. I did hear Ravi try speaking in Italian and Portuguese to some of the guests, so full marks there for trying. Some other staff worth mentioning are Ashley and Sweeti and not forgetting Jim who likes to dance the Sega and pour drinks at the same time - very comical to watch !

David, thank you for remembering my name everytime you saw me ! It made me feel very important.

My only concern was that I was promised a breakfast on my last day. As I was flying back to Paris and had to be in the airport (SSR) by 6.00am I had to go to breakfast very early in the morning at around 3.45am before checking out. Though staff were preparing for breakfast, all I was offered was coffee and stale bread. The chef on duty told me I couldn't have breakfast as it was too early. Perhaps I should have ordered breakfast from room service and had it delivered to the 180 !

However, I did not let this alter my perception of the of Le Meridien. It is a huge hotel catering for a large number of guests. One should appreciate that the logistics in running such a large hotel are complex. At the time of my stay, the hotel was not full and I wondered if there were more staff than guests !

I certainly would recommend this hotel to anyone. Enjoy the hotel's grounds and admire the local flora and fauna, you will see many tropical flowers of all colours.

Treat the staff with respect, talk to them and reward them for their attentention and you will be treated like a king. I shall never forget the fun I had with the bar staff, the 'meeters and greeters' at the restaurants - it all makes up for a great holiday in the sun (and sometimes rain)

• Trip type: Travelled solo