We had an amazing time at Le Meridian, Mauritius for a 7 day, 6 night half-board package. Overall a nice experience, though certain things could certainly be better (especially service.. will come to that)
First the good: Great property, amazing view from the room, a great package of free water sports (needs some reservation), choice of 4 resturants, nice pool, great fitness center and spa. Breakfast was a decent spread (the continental section), and on certain days the dinner was also decent. The rooms are spacious, well maintained. They have a seated checkin procedure, which was very convenient, fast and efficient.
Now for things that need improvement: The service post the check-in left much to be desired. They can take upto a whole day (yes, 8 hours) to deliver extra soap to your room. Towel replacement, replishing coffee and tea and small things like that made you feel that the hotel houekeeping and room service need to put their act together... Try this hotel if you are okay to survive without Indian food - that was the low point of the food experience. The Indian breakfast section was quite pathetic and the dinner in Cumin was also below average (what kind of combination is bindi-matar.. okra-green peas)???
Overall nice experience... Some minor complaints, but can be overlooked... !
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Le Meridien Ile Maurice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Ile Maurice Hotel Pointe Aux Piments
- Meridien Ile Maurice
- Le Meridien Mauritius
- Le Meridien Pointe Aux Piments
- Le Meridien Ile Maurice Mauritius
- Pointe Aux Piments Le Meridien
- Ile Le Maurice Meridien