3,569 results
All reviews la faya nirvana wing indian restaurant shells restaurant nirvana area nirvana pool bay view bar pool bar nirvana guests degrees restaurant our honeymoon royal suite special thanks candle light dinner water sports all inclusive package glass bottom boat
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I stayed in this hotel took a room just opposite the sea and the pool.The looks was quite amazing.In our wing no children were allowed that was quite good.!Hotel pool and restaurent were fabulous.I really njoyed having breakfast right next to the sea... the best experience of my entire vacation.The staff was quite friendly and helpful.The rooms were quite good but there was no delight/wow factor which i was expecting.The entire wing was little congested..but it didnt bother me as our room was on the ground floor.There is a special on the beach deck for special occasions..expressing love /proposing.I couldnt book that but it looked awesome ...!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
sylvand, Manager at Le Meridien Ile Maurice, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2011

Dear Anupam_Grover,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at in our adult only Nirvana wing and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Mauritius! We do hope you can come back and experience the special beach gazebo you mentionned, it can be booked for any special occasion or just for an unforgettable dinner!

Sincerely

Reviewed 22 August 2011

We traveled at july (2008), from Vienna to Mauritius via Dubai, of course, with Emirates.
The hotel has everything you need. The room was very spacious, food and service at a very high level. We also benefit from services snorkeling and glass boat trip, which I recommend to everyone. Underwater world is amazing. We also rented a scooter and mainly 3x (!!!) taxi for the whole day. Driver who did it was as a conductor (Samy) which we found opposite the hotel where they have their own station. Such a way of exploring the island I recommend, because they also show atypical tourist ends of the island.
Since the time I stay at the hotel celebrating my birthday, I was pleasantly surprised at dinner with cake and birthday card.
I recommend this hotel for romantic couples.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
LeMeridienIleMaurice, The Management at Le Meridien Ile Maurice, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for taking time off in writing this review. We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Le Meridien Ile Maurice.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

When we checked in at night, after many hours of travel, all we wanted was to shower and go to bed. Unfortunately that simple pleasure was not to be. There were 3 in our party, my wife and I and our 3 year old son. There was no bed for my son. Service came and made up the couch that night after we called them and the next day a bed was delivered. There were only 2 towels in the bathroom. It took an hour to get a 3rd towel. After bathing my son, the bath plug wouldn't open which was a hazard for my 3 year old son. So after waiting an hour for a towel, and for engineering to remove the plug so the bath could drain, I finally could have that shower and get to sleep.

For the first 5 days, every time I wanted to bath, I had to call engineering to remove the plug. I complained and for the last 3 nights, we were upgraded to a suite.

The food was a bit hit and miss. We had a great meal at Shells but lunch at La Playa got me a raw hamburger. Lunch at La croque saw my kids food arrive 20 mins after i finished my meal. Dinner at Cummin was generally very good for an Indian buffet. As I said, some good points but too many bad.

• Stayed: August 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your holiday and for taking the time to share your comments and experience feedback.

We would like to inform you that, we do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. As a management team, we share these comments with our staff so we may resolve any and all issues. Once again, thank you for your observations, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel team, please send an email to 01800.info@lemeridien.com so we may address it with you directly.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

I stayed at Le Meridien for my holidays at Mauritius from 8-14 Aug 2011. I got the HB package. Overall the room is good especially the seaview. Facilities are also good at hotel, but the operating time for spa services can be extend will be much better. The food at the restaurant is very good especially those dessert and seafood. I had my dinner buffet at 180 degree restaurant at table no. 1 on Wednesday & Thursday, one of the waitress, Nizrma (I am not sure of her name) served me had an very excellent attitude and her smile was gorgeous also her services was bravo. My wife wanted to take photo with her but we cannot find her again b'coz we left on Sunday (14/8). This was so disappointed while I stayed at Le Meridien, haha:) She is the best waitress I met. By the way, Mauritius is great place for holidays. I hope to come back soon.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tonykfyau

Reviewed 16 August 2011

Feb 2011 was our 8th trip to Mauritius and our 7th stay at le Meridien; I am SPG Platinum and never payed full fare for our room since I redeemed points for free room or reduced rate and/or I got upgraded everytime; of course this must be taken into account in my rating; hotel was renewed in the early 2000's but would need to be refurbished and restored in some places though overall acceptable; the + are: nice gardens, all rooms (except nirvana) with absolutely fabulous seaview (avoid ground floor though) very long sandy beach with lots of chairs and shelters to enjoy some shade, large bedrooms, efficient cleaning staff for room cleaning, nice welcome staff, good food at La Faya and Shells; nice breakfast though a bit messy; in general staff is pleasant and they've known us for years and are all the more pleasant; hotel is quiet at night and stretches on such a long patch of land that it is easy to find a place to read or just rest; the average : evening buffets depend on the theme (international, american and mauritian are ok; chinese and indian a bit too exotic for us); seabottom covered with corals but ok with shoes and water is safe, warm and quiet; both pools are nice but I prefer sea; the bad things: no need to spend money on a nirvana room since you may be facing fields at the rear of the hotel; avoid Chinese new year period when the hotel is full of chinese people (either locals or from China) and these people may be a bit disturbing sometimes; in 2011 for the first time we were very disappointed when it took three days to have the shower repaired (no cold water), three days during which we had no information; and on the day we left we had to wait for 25 minutes to have our luggage picked up so eventually we pulled them for yards (the hotel is a series of long corridors) so as not to be late to get to the airport; so, on the whole, I'd recommend it though the price they advertise for the coming season seem a bit too high

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple