1,740 results
All reviewsle recifbeachfront roomrooms are basichalf boardsmall hotelgrand baieboutique hotelinfinity poolport louisboat housetropical fishglass bottom boatbus stopa la cartesea viewfirst visit to mauritiusthe general manager
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Yes Mauritius is a very beautiful island
Yes the wheather is adorable - even in their wintertime
Yes the hotel was clean and very beautiful
Yes the pool was nice too!
But above all: the people that work at the hotel are the greatest people I have ever met on a holiday. They seem to work with great pleasure. Nobody screams at them, they are always smiling, they are never running, but keeping their own pace. Everybody seems so relaxed. They are the sweetest people to us as guests and also to the animals outside. I still miss Neeta from the restaurant & Kulan at the cocktail barre. We went to eat at Veeren's place and met his family; we had such a good time! The managers at the hotel were superb and the kitchen staff kept on making us the food exactly the way we preferred. After this holiday I wasn't just relaxed and tanned, but I am wondering now, why we in Europe are always so busy and stressed. The people in Mauritius seem to be calm, sweet and beautiful human beings. The country in itself is a great place to be, since they respect nature, other cultures and everyone that will respect them too. It was a place to never ever forget. If you are going to Mauritius; go to Recif Attitude. It is such a friendly and quiet place. Nobody will disrupt your peace and quiet and it is not a tourism factory like other super huge hotels. O yes, if you book a trip on the water, go to Ali from the Boathouse, cause his trips are great and much more cheap than your travel agency will provide. The hotel also helps you finding a car if you want to go to places. The roads are great, so please do that! Also, I have waited until the last 3 days of my holiday to book a treatment with Poo at the Spa. Only then I realised I really needed that and took the same massage all days until I left. Recif Attitude and their family members are unforgettable. Best holiday ever. Wish to go back tomorrow!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful
1  Thank Charlotte v
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

I'm a solo traveller so I was really pleased with the fact that the hotel had such high security. I felt very safe and welcomed ! The staff made me feel really like part of a family, they were super helpful. The food was exceptionally good, there was plenty to chose from even for vegans !!!! Which I really appreciated.
The hotel has a very boho chic vibe; lots of young travellers and the fact they don't allow kids is the winner ! Perfect!!!!
The beach had amazing sunsets , and the pool is so beautiful to take your postcard perfect pictures . In fact the whole hotel is very Instagram "ready " :)
It was the nicest hotel I saw on the north- West coast. I booked 2 nights but stayed the whole week.
And if u are solo traveller thinking it will be too cheesy with all the honeymooners in hotels like this don't worry ! Everyone was chilled! I think there is some magic in the cool air :)

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank Kristina N
Reviewed 11 August 2018

very good hotel with a awesome staff! You have really value for your money!
Good and clean room with good bed/airco. The wifi is good!
The view from the terrace is magnificent with wales passing by.
Dinner buffet is oke, they have every day another menu.
But the best thing of this hotel are the people/staff! The service is awesome!!
We come back!!

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We celebrated my wife's birthday (pre-booked seafood dinner at a private table on the beach with a large flower bouquet I'd ordered in advance) on the day after arrival which was a great start and continued on a high for the rest of the 2 weeks. Friendly staff, a good variety of buffet food, reasonable drinks prices, informal bar and open terrace dining area, variety of live music in the evenings, wonderful sunsets, a short walk to bus stops (do try the busses - an experience not to be missed and very cheap - we went into the capital, Port Louis, for about 65p return each. I believe a regular taxi would be around GBP 20). We were lucky to be put in touch with a good driver, Shaffick, who is attached to the hotel and we made a couple of all day trips around the island (he will show you the sights or adapt to your particular itinerary). He charges (+/- GBP 75 to 85) for the day (up to 8hrs). There were 3 of us, could take 4 at a pinch, so cost per head was very reasonable.
Most rooms are adjacent to the sea but some others are set back a bit. Our room (102) was at ground level -10 paces from the bar, 15 paces from the beach, 20 paces from the sea, very little tide change, and 20 paces from the freshwater infinity pool. That said it was consistently quiet even with live music in the restaurant area.
The only thing a little disappointing was the quality of snorkelling right off the beach - there is very little live coral, the visibility was not ideal and the variety of fish a bit limited. That said I believe there are other locations which are better and this certainly didn't put us off being there. I strongly recommend you take some swimming shoes (got ours in Sainsbury's £9) to make it comfortable on the pebbly sea floor.

Room Tip: Best to have a room right next to the sea at ground level, or first floor for a little more privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
H0tels_Management, General Manager at Recif Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Lawrence,

Thank you for choosing our resort to celebrate your wife’s birthday.

It was a real pleasure to have you among us for your holidays and now to read that you have enjoyed our overall resort along with the special care of our Family Members.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for another great stay at the Récif Attitude

Best Regards,
Kevin Govinden

Reviewed 29 July 2018

My Partner & I and Parents decided to stay at Recif Attitude, Well it started of with a few hiccups but as soon as management found out about our issues they were addressed immediately! the Hotel location is perfect, the staff.. AMAZING!!

The whole experience was just perfect! We had the most friendly waiters Anita & a gentleman whos name i cannot remember ( Sorry). The reception lady Nita & Jeeten Food and Beverage Manager were all so friendly and ensured our needs and wishes were 100% fulfilled. The Hotel Manger ensured that our stay was just as we had planned it!

The Lodge activities are great and the beach so perfect for snorkeling we loved it. the Hotel is also not situated to far from everything so its easy to grab a Taxi and go into the main towns.

Thank you so much, to all the staff for everything you did for us! we will most defiantly be back. It was a holiday that we will never forget.

See you all soon,

From:

Marcelle, Nicholas, Salome & Louis.

Room Tip: Sea Facing room, really worth it
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family