Sugar Beach Mauritius
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Aanari Hotel & Spa(Flic En Flac)
US$178
US$164
Priceline
US$321
Priceline
US$367
Trip.com
Gold Beach Resort(Flic En Flac)
US$292
US$236
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
La Pirogue Mauritius(Flic En Flac)
US$460
US$446
  • Pool
Manisa Hotel(Flic En Flac)
US$150
US$98
Trip.com
Anelia Resort & Spa(Flic En Flac)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
3,539 results
All reviewsquiet pooltides restaurantsugar beachmanor housesouth poolmon plaisirkids clubsister hotel la pirogueall inclusive packagecitronella restauranthalf boardmain restaurantour honeymoonmain poolcolonial stylebuffet restauranta la carte restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had the most wonderful week with the extended family including kids aged 10 months to 10 years old. Special mention must go to Sweety and Richi who kept our rooms sparkling amd also to Fazle who kept the drinks coming!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
NDChalain, General Manager at Sugar Beach Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Jock S,

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality and the facilities offered..

I am pleased to learn that you found our team members friendly namely Sweety, Richi and Fazle . I shall certainly forward your feedback to them and the entire team, as I am sure that they will feel more motivated to work even better.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A great holiday myself and my partner experienced at Sugar Beach in Mauritius, a truely lovely resort, staff were extremely friendly, food was amazing as was our accommodation looking directly at the beach, we will be visiting in the near future, we had room 502. Sandy Eagan & Alan Smith. England

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John G

Dear Mr. Smith and Mrs. Eagan,

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality and the facilities offered in our resort.

I am pleased to learn that you found our team members friendly and food to your convenience . I shall certainly forward your feedback to the entire team, as I am sure that they will feel more motivated to work even better.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon for your second time and will do the utmost to allocate you the same room...

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just returned from a week in paradise...or Sugar Beach as it’s known with my family.
We’re not an all inclusive beach holiday type of family and wasn’t sure we would enjoy this holiday....but we were so wrong.
Sugar Beach is the most chillaxed place I’ve ever been.
We were in room 708 (beach front) which was located in the quiet part of the resort near the quiet pool.
The room, in my opinion, was probably the best location for us (the other end of the resort being a bit more noisy). It was quiet, well placed and clean. Had everything we needed.
The food in this hotel is the best all inclusive resort food I’ve seen. We ate most nights in Tides (our particular favourite) or Citronella and found the food to be high quality and the atmosphere relaxed and quiet. The buffet had great food but it was far too noisy in there.
All inclusive has a wide choice. You do have to pay extra for some items but we found the costs reasonable and had no problems.
The beach is brilliant...lots to do there and plenty of beds! Sunsets are amazing and the main reason I chose this side of the island. We were lucky enough to see dolphins when we went on the hotels free snorkelling trip.
Pool (we only used the quiet one) was warm, quiet but not too quiet and very nice. Lifeguard was a bit annoying shushing people from even talking but I really appreciated that kids can still use the quiet pool as long as they aren’t messing about (I have one child and hate that some resorts stop kids going into the quiet area...just because I have a kid doesn’t mean we want to be in the noisy part of the resort).
Spa was very expensive but worth every penny. Good choice of treatments in a very relaxing environment.
The thing that really makes this hotel is the staff. The staff here are so warm and friendly and really go out of their way to provide a great service and unlike the Caribbean they don’t expect tips for great service.

2 ways this hotel can improve further;

1 - the coffee pods in your room aren’t free. Only your first 3 are. I personally think they should be 3 each day for free (in your all inclusive) like the water is.

2 - I’d like to see more effort in the sustainability claims this hotel makes. No plastic straws (paper ones please) and although a lot of drinks are glass or cans...there’s still too much single use plastic bottles.

All in all we loved this place. I would never go to the Caribbean after going to Mauritius and I will be returning at some point to this wonderful hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sarahjane G,

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality, the facilities offered and of course comparing our resort to paradise.
I am pleased to read your appreciation of our restaurants (mainly Tides). Your constructive comments, as well, have been well noted by me and we shall definitely have a look into. I shall certainly forward your feedback to the entire team, as I am sure that they will feel more motivated to work even better.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed a week at sugar beach. It was bliss. The children are entertained all the times with awesome activities. There are plenty to do, snorkeling, boating, long walks, swimming...
Everything is beautiful and plentiful. The weather is very hot during Easter bring loads of sun cream, hats and loose clothes.
We stayed in room 758 and had a dedicated groom 'Rajen' who looks after your every needs. The people are extremely friendly and dependable.
My advice is to go inclusive.
We loved it!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Carine C,

I am pleased to learn that you found our team members friendly especially the kids club who took care of your children during your stay and Rajen your valet, dedicating himself at your service. I shall certainly forward your feedback to the entire team, as I am sure that they will feel more motivated to work even better.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

we will never forget sugar beach resort our holidays will be memorable the location of the hotel is fantastic,the staff are very friendly and helpful ,three different restaurant with varieties of menus ,the room cleaning service was very good our room were always clean and tidy and the valet always helpful,thanks everyone

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Andreas1805,

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality and the facilities offered especially the restaurant and housekeeping.
I am pleased to learn that you found our team members friendly especially the valet who kept helping you out. I shall certainly forward your feedback to the entire team, as I am sure that they will feel more motivated to work even better.