We stayed at the Hilton in a Junior Suite for 4 nights in late March 2012, and had a lovely time.
Our Suite (1107) was facing the private beach, and from the terrace it was literally 20 steps to the beach with plenty of sunloungers which was brilliant. The room itself was very clean, spacious and comfortable. The rooms are cleaned daily, and there is a turn down service / freshen up every night for fresh towels and complimentary bottles of water.
The Hilton feels like a more intimate resort compared to some of the huge hotels on the island, everything is a only a short walk away from the rooms, ie the boat house for lots of free trips and kayak hire, or the bar and pool in a very central location. For the boat trips, go to the boat house on your first day, as some trips only run once a week, I remember there are some good ones on a monday.
The food was fine at the Pomme D Amour - we were actually pleasantly surprised, this was our first holiday of this style and we kind of expected the buffets to be horrid. There was lots of choice, the seating area is very pretty, and there is lots and lots of fresh fruit with every meal.
We had half board which meant we did spend quite a lot on lunch and drinks, if we were to go again I would definitely go Full Board Plus, there arent really any cheaper bars/ restaurtants close by to walk to so you re best off eating there. For lunch, you re really looking at minimum £10 for a sandwich, plus about £4 - £8 for soft drinks.
We had one meal at the Ginger Thai, we didnt pay for the meal as it was a voucher we received, if we had paid it would have been £55 pp without drinks, and we would have been quite disappointed. As it was free it was ok, but really just an average stir fry type of dinner. Unless you ve got a free voucher and you want to enjoy the lovely outdoor seating area, stick to the Pomme D Amour.
The service at the beach bar is quite slow even when the bar is empty and there are about 5 staff hanging around, maybe its best to order 2 lots of drinks straight away!
Overall we had a lovely time, all the staff are friendly and helpful, the setting is beautiful, and if you prefer not to stay in a huge hotel, I would recommend the Hilton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa, renowned for its Mauritian hospitality, and enjoy a picturesque oceanfront location with unrestricted sunset views. Our location makes it easy to explore the island and its surroundings. We offer a complimentary dolphin trip, water activities and eight spa cabins. Our three restaurants and three bars serve a diverse array of culinary influences, exotic flavors and locally sourced ingredients. The hotel's gorgeous outdoor meeting space has everything you need for an inspired event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TravelUp, Prestigia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Mauritius Resort And Spa
- Hilton Mauritius Hotel Flic En Flac
- Hilton International Wolmar
- Hilton Wolmar
- Wolmar Hilton
- Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa Flic En Flac