The Residence Mauritius
US$168
US$162
  • Breakfast included
LUX* Belle Mare(Belle Mare)
US$278
US$420
US$369
Long Beach Mauritius(Belle Mare)
US$334
US$216
US$206
Ambre Mauritius(Belle Mare)
US$342
  • Breakfast included
Emeraude Beach Attitude(Belle Mare)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$87
  • Pool
Solana Beach(Belle Mare)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$145
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,039 results
All reviewsplantation restaurantyacht clubocean frontylang ylangcolonial feelrose petal bathscolonial stylea la carteour honeymoonan ocean view roompersonal butlerhalf boardbutler servicekids clubseafood buffeticed teacatamaran cruise
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Myself, my wife and daughter have just recently returned from a fantastic 8nights at The Residence. We were a little concerned of the weather forecast beforehand as it seemed certain to rain. This was certainly not the case where we enjoyed temps in the 30's , beautiful sunshine and the warm waters of the Indian Ocean
It's quite easy to give positive feedback here. We have travelled a fair bit over the years so we were delighted with this hotel, it's location on Belle Mare beach with it's white sands and safe waters,the attention to detail by the hotel staff to ensure nothing was too much trouble in order for us to have a fantastic holiday. You have a great team there Pierott, certainly your management team including Ally & Bruno who are a credit and asset I’m sure in continuing to improve standards. Deepa was a fantastic help in that she learned very quickly about our daughters dietary requirements being Coeliac and we were extremely impressed with how you catered for her – better than the Uk and special thanks must also go to Sam.

Sachin our butler who turned down our beds also made some lovely notable gestures to our room ( insect repellent, arranging our daughters toys on her pillow, candles), something that we really appreciated.

We loved The Residence, it's amenities activities and variety of fantastic food from around the world at the buffet and Plantation . The kids club was great ,Juliana and her team were fantastic to us and even though our daughter preferred to stay with us, it was good to be able to borrow fishing nets, bucket and spades for the beach but we know we didn't even touch on what was available to her, maybe next time. We thoroughly recommend the water sports where we experienced kayaking, sail boats and a trip out on a glass bottom boat – all complimentary and enjoyable trips together with the catamaran trip over to the nearby island ( additional cost and arranged through concierge) . Oceania were a fantastic company to use and we thoroughly enjoyed the day.
The variety of pools suited all of us especially my daughter who couldn't swim ( 4yrs old) however, by the end of the holiday she could with massive thanks to Serge , who took it upon himself to teach her. We were left speechless with how quick Serge got her swimming and are totally indebted to him for his patience and wonderful manner.
Our room was a suite which was extremely spacious and the extra bed in our room worked well for our daughter. Very clean and we'll certainly be looking to return to this hotel, maybe a sea view room next time knowing now how spectacular the vista's are from the grounds. Thank you again to every one at The Residence whom we met, you made it a very enjoyable and relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sea have an electric shutter that covers the patio doors- great for those with kids.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank chadders2018
PierrotBarbe, Manager at The Residence Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Sharing such comment on Trip Advisor is a real compliment for our property.

We are more than happy to read that you have treasured all this wonderful moments that you have spent with us.

Your praiseworthy words on behalf of our team members, the quality of our cuisine and the services afforded to you can be no other than motivating and encouraging.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our shores next year.

The Management

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

First a big than you to Russell Harrison at DialAFlight for the best hotel recommendation ever.

We have just returned from a fantastic holiday at this first class hotel.

The room, with its breathtaking view of the ocean, was magnificent and always kept so clean. Thank you to both the day staff and the Butler.

By our second morning we were greeted with our coffee and English Breakfast tea ( sans vanille). Thank you Dema.

Towels and cold water would arrive by the pool beds, as if by magic.

At lunch time the sandwiches were a feast in themselves. Especially as, despite me saying no chips, my husband always managed to receive a sizeable portion! Again great staff.

As we entered the bar area in the evening Yakshay and his brilliant team would be putting out our pre dinner drinks and nibbles. I was even given my own special G and T glass.

Whether in the Plantation Restaurant or the Dining Room the waiter always knew which wine and how we preferred it served. The food in both restaurants was very good and the staff were always prepared to go that extra mile to accommodate a special request.

Post dinner and back to the bar Yakshay and team would already be pouring our coffees and brandy. Thank you all.

The gifts, being able to say in our room as we had a late flight, so many staff knowing who we were - all this made his made us feel that little bit special.

We will be back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SANS36
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The Residence - Belle Mare, and Mauritius itself, is not my usual holiday choice - I thought I would find it cut off and be bored but this could not be further from the truth.

The hotel is fabulous - from the reception overlooking the pool and the sea, to the lovely, welcoming staff and the spacious room and terrace.

There are 4 pools so it never feels busy, with plenty of sun-beds (which some people did reserve before breakfast, tut tut!), and with the beach literally right in front of you there were so many places to relax and take in the stunning views around you.

We were full-board so we ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel. There was plenty of choice so we weren't bored and we ate dinner twice in the a la carte restaurant for a change of scenery. The breakfast was varied - the only problem I have is that I follow a strict low-FODMAP diet for stomach issues & there was nothing to cater for that - no lactose free-anything, the wheat free bread was inedible, but if you don't have to be strict like I do then the breakfast has A LOT to offer. I did really enjoy the omelettes and eggs selection as well as the fruit available.

The lunch was a buffet style for the first two days then switched to a la carte for the remainder of our stay which was fine & also enabled me to order slightly more to what I can eat.

Dinner in the main dining room was themed so one night it was French, another night Asian, then Mauritian, etc. This meant it was never boring but made it incredibly difficult for me as there was onion is virtually every dish & that's sadly a big no no for me. My husband went to town & tried everything!
Dinner at the a la carte restaurant was very nice but I actually found the service there a bit overbearing. I was asked for any allergy requirements and mentioned low-FODMAP - the waiter was very attentive & wanted to go through everything which he said would then be on record against my room number for when I'm dining generally but this wasn't the case and I had to explain on different occasions which was a little embarrassing at times, mainly because I thought it had been noted down after the effort he went to.

Our housekeeper was lovely and did a great job. The same goes for our butlers. They were super friendly & helpful. This is something I would say as a general observation - all of the staff were very friendly & couldn't do enough to help but it seemed genuine as opposed to doing it to receive a tip, which was really refreshing.

The beach was so fabulous. The spa was dreamy and the treatments I had were great. I honestly cannot even imagine staying elsewhere in Mauritius & really hope I can convince my husband that we need to make this an annual winter trip!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KC82London

Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at our resort.

We certainly pay attention to our customer’s feedbacks and are very appreciative for your comments as it will prove very useful to help enhance our existing standards.

We are delighted to note that you have had a wonderful time and had appreciated our overall service and facilities.

You may rest assured that we have taken your comments into consideration and certainly action are being undertaken to enhance the needy areas.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My wife and I stayed at The Residence for 8 days at the end of January on an all-inclusive basis.

This was our third trip in the last four years to Mauritius which has become a firm favourite with us staying at a different hotel on each occasion.

I have to say, we were somewhat disappointed by our experiences here. On arrival, there was a moratorium on the use of sun shades at the edit of the general manager due to his unwillingness to expose guests to the prospect of injury caused by high winds. Oddly, it was 30 degrees with the gentlest of breezes!! After a brief discussion where I pointed out the very much higher risk of sunburn or sunstroke he dispatched one of his trusty side-kicks to reassess the prevailing conditions which he found to be temperate in the extreme. Moratorium lifted, the sunshades were opened in a cascading effect around the pool - quite bizarre!

Pool and beach were both very nice but you are a bit remote from bars and restaurants outside of the hotel.

Our room was on the 4th floor level, spacious, conveniently located above the veranda and nicely appointed, with a comfortable bed and quality linen. Nice bathroom with plenty of hot water and pressure. The one let down was the window shutters in lieu of curtains which didn’t provide sufficient blackout. Indeed, with our southeast facing room, it was possible to lie in bed reading just after sun rise with so much light invading the room through the poorly fitting shutters.

Service throughout the hotel is first class. They pride themselves on the silver-service they offer at dinner, the quality of which generally exceeds the quality of the food offered. We had a couple of stand-out meals (for the wrong reasons). The first was the truly awful braised veal at the plantation – grey, dry and tough and not actually braised. I recommend you stay away from that one. The fillet steaks ordered a few days later was similarly badly (over) cooked which we recognise as a trait in the cooking at this establishment.

There were also a number of failures at the evening buffet which again failed to provide a consistent quality. We were among the first guests to experience barbecue night. Unfortunately, nothing was actually barbecued with all the meat coming from the kitchen having been pre-cooked. The two impressive custom made BBQ’s were only used to reheat the already cooked proteins. (The salad bar on that particular night didn’t extend to the inclusion of salad leaves.)

Lunch was by far and away the best meal of the day which was usually catered for within their collective level of expertise.

Evening entertainment was quite good with a selection of acts and performers, albeit, quite difficult to see because they mostly located them in an area of the veranda behind the bar denying the vast amount of guests on the terrace the visual connection with the artists.

We were pleased to see that the bar served a number of premium brands as part of the all-inclusive.

My wife and I both tried the spa which was acceptable but not notable.

All in all, it was OK. Whilst I wouldn’t deter anybody from staying here, I don’t think we’ll be back.

Room Tip: Avoid east facing rooms because the shutters don't black out the room.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Des_Munn
PierrotBarbe, Manager at The Residence Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for your feedback, which are so essential for our continued improvement for quality service and by attending to areas that require our attention.

We understand that our resort did not fully met your expectations and wish to apologise for the shortcomings you encountered during your stay.

We noted your comments and proposals on the different areas for improvement and certainly immediate actions have been initiated to enhance those areas.

Although we understand your comment regarding the policy of our umbrellas, we need to emphasise that for security reasons, we have to keep our umbrellas closed and whilst the wind get lighter, our beach boys are instructed to get them opened.

We reiterate our thanks for your valued comments.

Kind regards,

The Management

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Beautiful location, great beach and pools. Fantastic staff and overall good service. Comfortable spacious rooms with good facilities. Good food and overall had a wonderful break - felt like 14 days! However quite pricey if not on a full board basis for drinks and extras.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank keryboucher
PierrotBarbe, Manager at The Residence Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking your time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Your suggestion and feedback are so essential for our continued improvement for quality service and by attending to areas that require our attention.

We are delighted that you had a fantastic stay and you enjoyed the resort thoroughly.

We reiterate our thanks for your valued comments and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to our shores in a not distant future.

The Management.