“Heavenly Holiday”

Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rangali Island
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have spent a 6 day 5 night long holiday at Maldives in August and this time I chose Conrad partly because of the reasonable package offer by the travel agent. I booked two nights at Beach Villa (Room 10x) and three nights at Superior Water Villa (Room 33x) so I could have different experiences.

This is my first time to be there and what I have been educated thru media about this place is all about beautiful beaches, crystal clear sea water and those remote luxury resorts. During my stay, from the first day we arrived the weather was stunning all along. We were so lucky because June to August is still considered the monsoon season. No doubt the natural environment is heavenly nice. Something I would like to highlight here about the room is that the big window sliding door in the Beach villa could simultaneously allow a nice beach view and sufficient natural light. The shower is completely situated at the outdoor which gives you a sense of being in nature. In the water villa, both the bed and the jacuzzi face the indian ocean. I really enjoyed the moment I could appreciated such a scenic view when I was lying on the bed or soaking in the jacuzzi. The package I booked is inclusive of half board (Breakfast and dinner at the designated restaurants) but I could still freely choose and try the other restaurants within the resorts with the deduction of $75/head from the total bill. The water sport equipments (snorkelling equipments, paddle board, etc) can be borrowed anytime free of charges as long as it is non-motor powered.

Later, I found that the shape and array of islands of Conrad is quite unique. Two main islands parallel to each other are linked up by a bridge. You could see lots of fishes on the bridge all the time.

Last but not least, the staffs are very nice. I would like to give a special thanks to Stefanie who is the one to take care of us throughout the stay. She is so professional, thoughtful and super helpful!! Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kc W
ConradRangali, General Manager at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Kc,

Thank you for choosing Rangali Island and for your kind words posted on TripAdvisor.

I'm thrilled that you were able to so fully relax and enjoy your recent holiday here with us in paradise. Of course I am also delighted that you noticed the friendly, genuine smiles of our team members and that they were able to make your stay so enjoyable.

Thank you again for your wonderful feedback and I certainly hope that we will be able to welcome you back very soon!

There are newer reviews for Conrad Maldives Rangali Island

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I usually dont write reviews for every place I visit but after reading the gentlemans review just now (SFRLondon) I am inclined to agree with him. We went last month and there were a million Chinese there. Smoking where they shouldnt, talking like the gentleman said at the top of their voices for no apparent reason and well into early hours of the morning. Their little kids running around screaming and fathers and mothers just oblivious to it. We had several sleepless nights and unlike the gentleman whose review I have mentioned, we werent able to be moved to a quieter room. I mean if we wanted to see and be bothered by this many Chinese we wouldve gone to China! This resort is going to lose more and more European clientele if they keep having this many uncouth people spoiling the peace & quiet for everyone,. The problem being that they (Chinese) now have money and thats all that matters to this hotel.
The next time we go to Maldives we will certainly be checking out another hotel, one that puts peace & quiet for its guests as the number one priority and not the dollar!

Stayed: July 2017
4  Thank TA-Bush-2015
ConradRangali, General Manager at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear TA-Bush,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor!

We at Conrad Maldives are so lucky to have such a beautiful resort and island to call home, so we pride ourselves in our efforts to match the beauty of the location with attentive service and high quality offerings, which I hope you experienced during your stay.

I am disappointed to hear your experience at the resort was negatively impacted by other guests. Here at the resort we aim to provide the best personalized service to all our guests, no matter which part of the world they are from. I am sorry to hear we were unable to move your room, however we can only carry out such requests depending on availability of villas.

I thank you for your comments regarding our prices, so we shall continue to try to offer the very best value that we can, without compromising on the quality of our products or services.

Please know that your feedback is highly valued by us so I thank you once again for providing it.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Having been to the Maldives 5 times previously and having stayed at both the one and only's ( just one now ) and also having stayed at both four seasons and Landaa Giravaru in total of 3 times we opted for a change.
The positives about Conrad is that it is a large resort spread over 3 islands with 1 being for staff and if that is what you are looking for then this is perfect. Also it has many restaurants but they all appear mainly catered for Chinese guests.

Thats pretty much the positives I can think about. The staff are hit and miss where some are very engaging and others just are doing it as a job. We were looking forward to a change from Landaa but with hindsight we made a mistake. We stayed at the beach villa and as they are joined next to each other you can hear the neighbours and whilst thats not a problem in day time but in the evenings and mornings that becomes a problem. People from certain large Asian countries feel that if they shout at the top of their vocal cords that is a form of communication and as a result we were moved from the villa to a quieter villa. The villas themselves are well laid out but as people have pointed out, very little at the conrad is complimentary. You get Tea and Coffee, Snorkelling gear and no fruit or anything else. They will even charge you for coconuts juice when you are on the beach just as you think they are coming to give you something complimentary.
We opted for the half board option which meant dinner was at the Atol market and if you opted to eat elsewhere you got given $75 per person contribution and given that the mains on average cost $50 plus their obligatory 23% there goes the $75. I have never come across that before. There is variety in the Atol Mkt but buffet after a while becomes boring. We ordered sparkling water and every night the waiters would ask whether we wanted Peligrino or Vos and never told us that we could get the conrads own sparking water till much later in the week. In addition we kept being told their was a Maldivian evening buffet at $250 which we steered well clear off.
Breakfast was at either Villu or Atol mkt, Vilu is the quieter and in my view nicer restaurant on the quiet island but doesn't have a huge selection. Atol mkt has a better selection but is somewhat noisier with many children. The quality of the food isn't great given what they are charging. We chose not to visit the undersea restaurant as I can go to the aquarium in London for better value. The quality of the food was at best average and at time just plain bad. A special mention for Mahesh who always asked if we wanted something and he would be prepared to make it for us. The waiters would often forget orders and I had to ask them on a daily basis to clear the plates away.
As someone mentioned its a good resort if you haven't seen other resorts in the Maldives and also good for photo shots but it has no soul. There is no real atmosphere. It would probably suit families who have young children. Turn down service was sporadic and they wouldn't clean clothes lying around and for a hotel supposedly of this calibre this Should be automatic.
The coral has been bleached in the last year but is recovering but the hotel doesn't tell guests not to trample on the coral. We saw many guests who were standing in low ride on coral as they probably hasn't snorkelled before. The life guard would be seen occasionally but he seemed far too busy playing with his phone. Its a shame that the hotel cares more about maximising what it can get out of guest then protecting coral.
We had requested upon arrival a late check out as our flight was late in the evening. The night before leaving we got a note with our bill and also a request to check out by midday so we had to wonder around for most of the day without a room. We were told we could use all other facilities and use the gyms shower, how thoughtful. We were offered the usage of the conrads lounge at Male on the way out for a fee which I declined as I had had enough of the hotel. They don't charge for the lounge on way in but once they have taken your money on way out they don't much care.
Given the number of new resorts opening and already opened in the Maldives, in would advise finding an alternatives. Paying for service is not an issue and Maldives is not cheap but when you are charged for poor service and viewed as someone to be maximised, that's when you draw a line
I suspect the hotel would offer a piffy response to this review but at no stage did we meet management as we have done with other resorts we have stayed.
One to avoid.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank SFRLondon
ConradRangali, General Manager at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear SFRLondon,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

We at Conrad Maldives are so lucky to have such a beautiful resort and island to call home, so we pride ourselves in our efforts to match the beauty of the location with attentive service and high quality offerings, which I am sorry you felt you did not experience during your stay.

I am especially disappointed to hear your experience at the resort left a bad impression of our team members. The team at Conrad Maldives consists of over 600 members from 23 different nationalities and they all are incredibly passionate about their work and providing the best service to our guests. I'm sorry that you felt some of our team members could have been a little more sincere, so I will certainly be following up with this to ensure that our high levels of service are constantly maintained.

I am also sorry to hear you couldn't enjoy your villa due to noise from other guests, however I am glad our team was able to move you to a quieter location on the island. With 8 restaurant and four bars, Rangali Island hosts one of the largest food and beverage offerings in the Maldives, therefore I am disappointed to hear your tastes were not catered for.

Please also know, that if a request had been made to meet a manager, the hotel leadership team always look at this as a priority.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

The Conrad Maldives is as good as it gets. We stayed in a watervilla and a beach villa. They are both exceptional in terms of lay out and comfort. The level of service is extraordinary. They even provide goggle lenses at the dive centre. What really struck us is the level of quality of the food. We had dinner in 5 of many restaurants and each time it was a sheer delight. Breakfast also is amazing. Mr. Gaetano Tufaro the food and beverage manager deserves a special word of praise. He really takes care of his guests and is highly visable. If you are thinking of visiting the Maldives this is the place to go.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jeroen h

Dear jeroen,

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Loved The Conrad Rangali and totally enjoyed our stay early August 2017. Service was excellent and there was always a very relaxing and positive atmosphere everywhere. Weather was fabulous too! Stayed in water villa which was good, loved the Nespresso machine and the huge walk-in shower, big bath tub too. The deck is simple and needs to be made a but more plush but otherwise all was superb. Good snorkelling too on the house reef even though corals have been damaged it is still good but you need to swim a bit further out that's all. Enjoyed all the restaurants and bars and of course had a great evening at the Ithaa undersea restaurant. Stayed 5 days felt like 3 weeks ! Perfect !

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

17.1 km away
Sun Island Resort
Sun Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Nalaguraidhoo Island

Been to Conrad Maldives Rangali Island? Share your experiences!