Mandhoo Retreat(Rangali Island)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$577
US$476
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$804/night.

Free cancellation until 22/07
US$442
US$372
Savings alert! 57% below average rates

The price you found is 57% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$873/night.

Sun Island Resort and Spa(Nalaguraidhoo Island)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$165
US$153
  • Pool
Savings alert! 52% below average rates

The price you found is 52% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$319/night.

Diamonds Thudufushi(Thudufushi Island)
US$1,531
US$511
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Holiday Island Resort & Spa(Maamingili Island)
US$216
US$172
Trip.com
Maafushivaru(Southern Ari Atoll)
US$1,665
US$777
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$1,397/night.

Vakarufalhi Island Resort(Vakarufalhi Island)
US$1,018
US$243
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Book now, pay at stay
US$1,192
US$384
2,443 results
All reviewsdeluxe beach villaunderwater restaurantwater spaquiet zonewine cellarour honeymoonfishcocktail hoursea planemale airporthalf boardhilton pointsplunge pooloutdoor showerheaven on earthmanta raysithaa restaurant
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

The Conrad Maldives is as good as it gets. We stayed in a watervilla and a beach villa. They are both exceptional in terms of lay out and comfort. The level of service is extraordinary. They even provide goggle lenses at the dive centre. What really struck us is the level of quality of the food. We had dinner in 5 of many restaurants and each time it was a sheer delight. Breakfast also is amazing. Mr. Gaetano Tufaro the food and beverage manager deserves a special word of praise. He really takes care of his guests and is highly visable. If you are thinking of visiting the Maldives this is the place to go.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jeroen h
ConradRangali, General Manager at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear jeroen,

Thank you for choosing Rangali Island and for your kind words posted on TripAdvisor.

I'm thrilled that you were able to so fully relax and enjoy your recent holiday here with us in paradise. Of course I am also delighted that you noticed the friendly, genuine smiles of our team members and that they were able to make your stay so enjoyable.

Thank you again for your wonderful feedback and I certainly hope that we will be able to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Loved The Conrad Rangali and totally enjoyed our stay early August 2017. Service was excellent and there was always a very relaxing and positive atmosphere everywhere. Weather was fabulous too! Stayed in water villa which was good, loved the Nespresso machine and the huge walk-in shower, big bath tub too. The deck is simple and needs to be made a but more plush but otherwise all was superb. Good snorkelling too on the house reef even though corals have been damaged it is still good but you need to swim a bit further out that's all. Enjoyed all the restaurants and bars and of course had a great evening at the Ithaa undersea restaurant. Stayed 5 days felt like 3 weeks ! Perfect !

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank GloriaBdB
ConradRangali, General Manager at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Gloria,

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We travelled as a group of 2 families (with kids) in July, and we probably couldn't ask for a better resort than Conrad Maldives. We absolutely enjoyed our trip and there were already various discussions about going back in the near future.

Transfers from Male airport to their lounge then onto seaplane were flawless, very well managed and we were well looked after. The lounge was a great way to start appreciating the Conrad experience, and a 30-mins seaplane gets you to the resort where one can really indulge in 'no shoes, no news' for the whole duration of your stay.

We were received by the hotel manager and his team, and were introduced to our personal guest services agent for our stay. I must admit that we struggled to get hold of our guest services agent a few times when we wanted to book excursions and restaurant reservations, for us this isn't a problem as we worked around by ringing concierge to sort those out instead (this could be seen as a negative for some people who expect 24/7 on tap service support)

Kids club was fantastic - one of the best we've seen. The staff were genuinely passionate about making the kids' days/stay as memorable as possible, and they have a great activity schedule to keep the kids entertained. Can't rate the kids club highly enough, nothing was too much and they can accommodate adhoc requests.

we were spoilt for food and drinks choices. We spent most of our trip at Rangali Bar, Vilu and Sunset Grill - all great food, service were brilliant and kids entertained.

We stayed at the beach villa, and I would think no other beach villas in Maldives will come close to the size of Conrad's beach villas. They were huge, easily fit our family of four and easy access to beach/reef. You can also request buggy on demand to go to restaurants etc. (We did this to travel between Mandhoo and Vilu for afternoon tea and cocktail drinks - having Hilton Gold/diamond status during your stay does go a long way!)

The hard products at Conrad are second to none, they use quality products and certainly you felt that quality was the top priority here (e.g. Mares snorkels, masks, fins, toiletries, kids club merchandise, even kids cutleries!).

Excursions were a bit more expensive compared to other resorts (understandable due to Conrad) but I'd like to point out that the team were really knowledgeable and helpful - they sorted us a good deal on excursions and activities.

In all, we really enjoyed our time at Conrad and one of our best holidays thus far. We will be planning to go back!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank AlvY123
ConradRangali, General Manager at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Alvy,

I'm thrilled that you and the entire family were able to so fully relax and enjoy your recent holiday here with us in paradise. Of course I am also delighted that you noticed the friendly, genuine smiles of our team members and that they were able to make your stay so enjoyable.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This was our second stay at the hotel - the first time was five years ago for our honeymoon and this was for our fifth anniversary. We had an amazing time five years ago and I thought about booking another resort but ultimately decided to go with Conrad again and wow, they reset our gold standard. We stayed in an overwater villa again (#330 - great location) as we love looking out at the ocean, walking on the bridge and the seclusion of the smaller island. For those who don't want to walk as far (you can also order a buggy) and want direct access to the fabulous house reef, go with a beach villa with a room number starting in the 200s. Conrad is pricey and people should expect this as this is a luxury hotel, but the standard that is delivered meets the price.

We came back to Conrad to snorkel and well, snorkel we did. The house reef is amazing and while most of the Maldives has sadly experienced coral bleaching in 2016, the fish species are abundant and the clarity in the morning is incredible. We went on six snorkel excursions during our stay and I can't say enough amazing things about the entire recreation team, particularly the snorkel guides. Thank you Rashdee, Azim, Ayan and Riyaz for some of the best experiences of our lives. Thank you to the recreation manager Fayez for your hospitality as well. Pierre and I are so grateful for all of the conversations, videos, photos and guiding that the snorkel guides did. The whale shark experience with Rashdee and Azim is second only to my wedding day as my favourite day. These guys truly go above and beyond - taking videos for guests and their excitement over the sea life is contagious. While my husband and I are strong swimmers (always first off the boat), we witnessed many guests on snorkelling excursions who were not and the guides went above and beyond in making sure these guests enjoyed their experience as well. I was impressed with how they treated everyone, regardless of swimming capability. We will cherish our memories from these trips and we can't wait to come back. Also shout out to our favourite life guard Abdullah who was always happy to discuss what we saw on our house reef snorkelling trips and our guest services agent Naeem who always made sure we had everything we needed.

The Rangali Bar staffer were great as well. I think we hit every happy hour and they always conversed with us and gave me extra olives. We loved watching the sunset and taking in the view before dinner and we had a great time every evening (good to see you again Aly Hamdan and thanks for all the great drinks). We mainly ate at the Atoll market and we looked forward to seeing our friend Ahoo who we first met five years ago and Jamal every morning and evening. These guys are the best and made our experience more enjoyable. I am a celiac and Meghan at the meat station was beyond lovely and always could tell me whether the meat was gluten free (before I could even ask). They catered very well to food allergies. The staff at this hotel is just incredible and the service is unparalleled. We travel extensively and service elsewhere doesn't even come close to Conrad. As well, Conrad Rangali in 2017 has its former self from 2012 beat (our previous gold standard for staff hospitality).

A few other reviewers have commented on the behaviour of other guests and I do agree that compared to five years ago there are significantly more large groups that can be quite rude, pushy, loud and "starey", particularly at the buffet. We had extremely noisy neighbours and Naeem promptly offered to move us if it was an issue. My husband speaks some Mandarin and went over to talk to them and it became less of an issue, so I also think politely dealing with any major direct issues is a route to consider taking.

All I can say is this resort is amazing. It's beautiful, relaxing, quiet and truly paradise. We will be back because no other holidays or hospitality can come close to delivering what Conrad Rangali Island can. It was absolutely worth the 30+ hour flight each way. Thank you for the best holiday of our lives!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Britt T
ConradRangali, General Manager at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear brittrtan,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to welcome you back to our little patch of paradise and I'm so pleased that you were able to experience so much of what our tiny islands have to offer, including our wonderful villas, beautiful house reef and friendly staff.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and valuable feedback. I certainly hope we can welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

This was our first trip to the Maldives and had a pleasant experience. Everything from start to finish on Rangali Island was perfectly done. It is so much better than the pictures that you see online. The views in person are just unbelievable. Everybody on the Island could not want to help you out anymore than they already did. Nothing was to hard for them and always making sure everything was fine. We were in the Water Villa for our first 3 nights and then moved to a Beach Villa. In the Beach Villa there were red ants all over the sofa and bed but don't worry, when we called the main reception and spoke to our rep he was more than assisting. He found us another place and we moved back in the Water Villa where my wife felt most comfortable for a fee which we was more than happy with. We got a free 4 course meal for us on our second night there as part of the honeymoon experience it was great food and great scenery. We wanted to go into the under water restaurant but got booked up quickly which is very understandable. The only thing is me and my wife are picky eaters and the menu was a set menu we asked if we could change and they said only a few things but was pretty expensive so decided not to go. Everybody who we spoke to gave it a 10/10 when they went though! We done Lucky Dolphin jet ski and saw 2 pods of dolphins which was amazing and also went snorkelling with turtles and saw 2 active turtles as well which again was amazing. We started to feel a little sea sick but the Conrad team quickly aided me and my wife and they got us back on the boat and made sure we were okay.

All in all we had a great time and do miss it. We do not like travelling loads even though we have been many places but to see Rangali Island in the flesh was a sight to see. Truly an amazing place and paradise is an understatement. We went in Mid July a few days after we got married and the weather was 29 degrees every morning rising to 34 degrees during the day. Only had 2 rainy periods which lasted around 20 minutes each time over our 10 day stay.

If you're looking to go here on your family holiday or couples holiday 100% go!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
4  Thank ND04
ConradRangali, General Manager at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear ND04,

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your recent nuptials and for choosing to celebrate your honeymoon with us here on Rangali Island!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor!

It was a pleasure to welcome you to our little patch of paradise and I'm so pleased that you were able to experience so much of what our tiny islands have to offer, including our wonderful villas, beautiful house reef and friendly staff.