“Perfect stay”

Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rangali Island
Reviewed 27 July 2017

This property gets really good reviews and I would add my experience to that group as well. Everything was perfect from the Malé airport representatives taking us to check-in for the domestic flight to the Conrad Lounge staff to the welcome by the hosts and even leaving the island and getting back to Malé. The staff truly are wonderful and nothing and no request was ever an issue. We stayed in a Deluxe Water Villa, which was perfect for us and was an incredible experience. Within the first 10 minutes we were there, rays and fish swam right by our villa. We were there to relax and didn't do an excursions. Our days consisted of breakfast at Vilu, then beach and snorkeling at the house reef. Then back to the room to clean up before afternoon tea at Mandhoo followed by happy hour back at Vilu. After watching the sunset from our villa we would go to dinner. The most difficult thing we had to do and decide the whole time we were there was figure out where to eat dinner. Such a great problem to have. We also really lucked out with the weather. Apparently the week before it was pouring rain every day. We never saw a drop of rain and it really was paradise on earth. I cannot wait to plan another trip back some day.

I am very thankful that we were able to access the Conrad Lounge on our departure from the resort as well since our international flight left at 11:00p. We ended up with a late checkout at 5:00p for our flight off the island at 6:00p. We had dinner at the lounge and were able to stay there for a few hours and even shower. It was a great way to end our Conrad experience.

Room Tip: get a villa with sunset view
Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dr_Drew2
ConradRangali, General Manager at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Dr_Drew2,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor!

It was a pleasure to welcome you to our little patch of paradise and I'm so pleased that you had such a great time, especially your experience in the deluxe water villa and seeing rays and fish swim right beneath you!

It was great to have you here and I very much hope we'll be able to welcome you back again very soon!

Stefano Ruzza

Write a ReviewReviews (2,267)

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I went to the Conrad in August 2016 for my honeymoon. My husband and I did a huge amount of research into the many many Maldives' Islands before booking, and we were so pleased with our choice.

The experience starts with the Conrad Lounge at the airport in the Maldives. It was very luxurious with a great breakfast and I enjoyed a massage whilst waiting for our sea plane transfer. The seaplane came very quickly, I could easily have spent more time in the lounge! I would highly advise booking an island with seaplane transfer. We have in the past done a speed boat transfer and it made me very sick; I vowed never to do that again, but the sea plane was a breeze.

When arriving at the Conrad, the staff were lined up to greet us and we were shown into an air-conditioned room to await our island host Stephanie, who was brilliant. She was on call throughout our stay to provide everything we could need.

As we were on honeymoon we had some extra treats in the room - champagne etc. and we had a voucher credit towards an excursion which was great.

Our room was amazing. We only went for the entry level room, but even so it was bigger than our house! We've never stayed in a water bungalow, but we were very happy to have our own bit of beach right outside, with loungers, and we didn't miss having our own pool due to the brilliant quiet zone pool. The decor is very sleek and modern; originally I wanted a more rustic looking place, but actually I cannot complain about the modern finish at all - the place was spotless.

The bathroom, double sinks, outdoor shower and outdoor bath were great, as were the toiletries; I usually use Aveda or Elemis, but was very happy with what was provided - they were top quality.

The bed was ginormous and comfy, and I really enjoyed the day bed/sofa which was curtained off for privacy in another part of the room. The wardrobe was also massive, and stored all of our things with no problems.

The air con was brilliant, and not noisy at all. The fridge also wan't noisy and was put away in a cupboard (I hate hearing the hum of a fridge when trying to sleep and this did not happen here thank goodnes!) We got 2 large bottles of water delivered every day which was necessary as it was hot. My husband really enjoyed the coffee machine.

The glass doors out to the beach were vast, and very heavy. We kept them closed to keep the heat out. When booking I was disappointed that you couldn't see the beech from the room, but actually, I really enjoyed the privacy of being able to walk around without fear of people seeing in with the vast glass doors!

The food options were brilliant. We booked B&B, but were upgraded to half board, so dinner was included at the Atol Market. Tip: you can have breakfast at the Atoll market or at Vilu which is much quieter. My husband will eat anything and the huge range of options at the buffet meant he was spoiled for choice and had multiple courses for every meal! There's European, Indian and Asian food on offer at the buffet, and cooking stations all over the shop where they will cook to order for you.

We also dined at some of the other restaurants, as we were given some credits towards the bill. We tried Mandhoo for our honeymoon dinner, Iitha (for cocktails), The Wine Cellar (where we actually ate off the Vilu menu and were the only diners - what an experience!), and Koko Grill on our last night which is a stunning location, with the restaurant sunk down into the beech and looking over the sea. I am super fussy and Stephanie made sure that I could have chicken nuggets and fries at every restaurant we visited whilst my husband enjoyed the sumptuous food - he REALLY enjoyed it, and so did I as they made no fuss whatsoever at providing a different menu for me.

During the days we spent most of our time at the quiet zone pool, where we never had to wait for or claim a lounger - they were always available. We used the 'ferry' between islands - a small, gorgeous little boat, to get there. The loungers outside our room, on the beach, were also a great place to hang out. The each bag provided in the room is the best, so don't bother to bring your own.

The snorkelling was absolutely out of this world. You get snorkelling equipment on your first day and just hang onto it. The fish were super colourful and there were so many of them. We went snorkelling near the bridge that joins the two islands, and on the other side of our island, taking the channel out - this was where the best fish were for snorkelling. My husband did a trial diving lesson and the views of the fish looking up above him in the water were phenomenal.

We used our excursion voucher for the Luxury Dolphin Cruise. I really wanted to go on the 'old fashioned' looking boat, but it was in dry dock, and we actually went on the most plush boat i've ever seen - cream leather and lots of chrome. It was like something James Bond would go out on. We were served champagne and canapés, and we grabbed the spot on the front of the boat, so when our guide started whistling for the dolphins we were front and centre, whilst the dolphins were leaping around us. I grinned the entire time, and would highly recommend it.

The Spas were another real highlight of our stay. I love Elemis products, and was so pleased that the Spa Retreat was an Elemis Spa. I went twice. Once with my husband, where we both had a facial and massage together, watching the fish through the glass floor. The therapists were brilliant and we were so relaxed we nearly feel asleep. I also went again by myself and enjoyed a hot coconut stick massage and scrub. It was bliss. The Overwater Spa was also good - we had the Art of Love package, which lasted a really long time and included massage, scrub, private jacuzzi. Afterwards we were the only ones using the main jacuzzi in the middle of the spa, overlooking the ocean, which was brilliant. Overall I'd say the Spa Retreat has the edge on the Overwater Spa.

One of our best nights was watching a movie on the beach, at the Quiet Zone. We saw 'Dan in Real Life' which just happened to be a movie me and my husband loved, having watched it years earlier, when we were first together. We had a day bed to lie on, and popcorn was delivered to us, and best of all we were the ONLY people on the beach watching this movie, under the stars. It was perfect.

We also went to see the fish, or maybe it should be referred to a shark feeding, at Mandhoo after lunch, which was a sight not to be missed.

We really benefited from being Hilton Gold Members. We had afternoon tea for free every afternoon at Madoo, which meant we didn't need to buy lunch, and we had drinks and canapés every night at Vilu, again for free due to our membership. However, make sure you book direct with the hotel to get the points! We booked through demonology, who were brilliant, but it meant we didn't get the Hilton points which was a serious mistep on our part. We asked if the hotel would honour the points anyway, but there was sadly no movement on this.

There are so many little things that made this stay literally the best place I've ever been. The delivery of drinks to the pool, the iced grapes and cold towels brought around, whether on the beach or the pool. But the staff were by far the most welcoming and gracious people I've ever met. Nothing was too much trouble - including charging my kindle when it ran out of battery! They were knowledgable, spoke multiple languages, and on our night when we were the only people at the Wine Cellar restaurant, our waiter, Mega, chatted with us about literature, culture, sport all sorts, and recommended me some books to read. What a gentleman.

When it was time to leave, I was seriously sad to go. We had 2 weeks at the Conrad and I would love to go back. We were looked after, being met by a Conrad chap at the airport on our way out, which we felt was way above and beyond. He checked us all in, and took us through to security. When he left us we were at a bit of a loss as to what to do as we'd been so well looked after for the past two weeks!

The only thing that I could comment on which put a slight dampener on things were some of the other guests, who could be quite rude and pushy around dinner, and spent most of their time on their smart phones/tablets. I felt that this was a real shame as they were missing the view (as well as each other's company!) but this was minor in comparison to the great experience we had at the Conrad.

I could not recommend this place enough. It's quiet, relaxing, a real paradise. I don't think any other holiday is ever going to match it.

Room Tip: Book the entry level room - you still get the benefit of all the other facilities on the island with...
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte S

Dear Charlotte S,

Thank you for choosing Rangali Island and for your kind words posted on TripAdvisor.

I'm thrilled that you were able to so fully relax and enjoy your recent holiday here with us in paradise. Of course I am also delighted that you noticed the friendly, genuine smiles of our team members and that they were able to make your stay so enjoyable.

Thank you again for your wonderful feedback and I certainly hope that we will be able to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2017

My wife and I have visited this resort twice in recent years and each time has been memorable for the relaxing environment and professionalism of the staff. We stayed in both a beach and water villa and each had their charm. The beach villas have been newly renovated with thoughtful improvement, the couples basins for freshening up are now located inside the enclosed area and the whole space seems much larger. The water villas are the same as before, but that is hardly a downside as they were always well appointed and spacious. A highlight was the morning buffet, which was consistently excellent and diverse. Will be back in the future and highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Garrett H
ConradRangali, General Manager at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Garrett H,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to welcome you back to Rangali Island. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular found the service provided to you by our team members to be so exceptional. We are so lucky to have such a beautiful resort and island to call home, so we pride ourselves in our efforts to match the beauty of the location with attentive service and high quality offerings, which I very much hope that you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

I spent 10 days at the Conrad with my wife and 2 year old daughter at the beginning of July. This was our 5th trip to the Maldives(our daughter's first) having stayed at smaller resorts in the past and we chose this hotel in part because it had a kids club. We booked through Purely Maldives who got us a good rate and whose staff assisted us at the airport on arrival and departure

I would like to start by saying that this is a very good resort with excellent staff who will do what they can to make sure you're happy. Everyone from the reception, restaurant, kids club, beach, water sports, diving and cleaning staff were pleasant courteous and ready to assist you if needed. Being big and spread out over 2 islands, this resort lacks the deserted island feel you would get from visiting some of the smaller resorts we have stayed at in the past. You will frequently encounter buggies while walking on the roads as many guests choose this mode of transport instead of walking. The reception/bar/watersports area can sometimes feel a bit crowded however the beach area is beautiful nonetheless and the sand is soft.Once you leave this area and explore other parts of the main island or the second island the true beauty of the resort emerges and the beaches on both islands are varied and truly stunning. Our favorite was the quiet zone where you could walk ~200 meters from shore in shallow water which we took turns visiting as it was off limits to children, so one of us stayed with our daughter. Other nice areas were the far end of the second island where a sand bar extends a long way into the sea and where sunsets are best viewed, the vegetation in the interior of the second island as well as the beaches of the lagoon and reef sides of the main island,

We stayed in a beach villa (#115) which is spacious comfortable. The 100 numbered rooms are all located facing the second island and this is where you can more easily reach deep water for swimming or choose to remain seated or standing on the sand in shallow water. The 200 numbered villas are located reef side where the water remains shallow for some distance before reaching the drop off and deeper water, so not as suitable for swimming.

If you choose to visit this resort with children the kids club is really an advantage, It features a sizable outdoor and indoor play areas which are well stocked with toys for the kids and there are a number of activities every day. It is staffed by Azim and Jaleel who are both really great with children as other reviewers have mentioned. Our daughter who is not easily won over quickly warmed up to them, felt instantly at home there and would ask to visit the kids club every day.

I dived every day and found the scuba center excellent. All the instructors were very knowledgeable and as i dived every day, they made an effort to take me to a new site every time, except that I asked to do their channel dive which is truly amazing (my best dive ever) a second time. I was lucky enough to encounter a thresher shark, manta rays (despite this not being manta season in the part of the atoll), a large number of gray and white tip reef sharks as well as napoleons, a leopard shark and a huge school of eagle rays.

We were on half board and chose to dine at atoll market most nights. The food was of good quality and taste though not exceptional. The same is true of the other restaurants we tried (Ufaa, Vilu, Rangali bar and Mandhoo) which we tried mostly for lunch. As many have mentioned, the food is very expensive for and in my opinion needs to be improved in order to justify the high prices.

In all it was a good holiday us, and we are happy that our daughter was able to have such a good time on the beaches as well as the kids club,

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear TinoA,

I'm thrilled that you and your family were able to so fully relax and enjoy your recent holiday here with us in paradise. Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our kids club and I'm pleased to red your daughter had an enjoyable time! Of course I am also delighted that you noticed the friendly, genuine smiles of our team members and that they were able to make your stay so enjoyable.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Could not fault our stay - the rooms, the facilities, the activities, the staff, the experiences, the views - all of it.
Things are pricey, but thinking about it, it is a remote island remember and everything is imported and they only accept the highest quality.

Very child friendly too - our children loved the staff and the staff loved them back.

Only negative experience was a rowdy group of families turned up and upset a lot of people. But the staff quickly acted on our concerns and that in itself shows how much they value their clientele.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank 600rizwani
ConradRangali, General Manager at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Dear Rizwani,

25.9 km away
Lily Beach Resort & Spa
Lily Beach Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Huvahandhoo Island

Been to Conrad Maldives Rangali Island? Share your experiences!