“2nd Stay....I have concerns.....”

Dorsett Grand Subang
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Subang Jaya
Reviewed 23 August 2017

This is my 2nd stay at Dorsett Grand Subang. My first stay was quite good except the speed of wifi. Now the speed of wifi is excellent - however they are few things that really bothers me.

1. Shower curtain is stuck. I cannot bring it down. Fortunately I am staying alone, so I just leave it at that.

2. No welcome fruits. Last time around, there was a plate of welcome fruits awaiting.

3. The sink clogged. I called reception on the way out and they managed to unclogged it. But later it clogged again. I got fed-up and just leave it. (since I stayed only for a night).

4. No newspaper delivered to room.

I wonder if I want to stay here again. When you get Club room, you expect the service to be "clubbish" but unfortunately, it not (not anymore at least).

Stayed in room 1759 on 22nd August 2017.

Room Tip: Think twice before going for Club Room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
DorsettGrandSubang, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Subang, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear FaroukVanNistelrooy, thank you for your feedback. We are indeed concerned to hear of the unpleasant experience you encountered during your recent stay with us. While the hotel enjoys an excellent reputation for its services, we regret to note that your recent stay at the hotel was not up to expectations. We have absolutely no excuse whatsoever but to extend our profound apologies for the shortfall in our service standards. Obviously on this occasion, we have failed to live up to your expectation that you have in us. Please be assured that we will address the issues highlighted with the respective departments concerned to ensure they will not happen again. Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Great meeting room with wifi for all participants.
Break time food was exceptional with juices and coffee and tea.
Very attentive and professional staff.

Car park is a little cramped and the meeting parking rates are reasonable.

Wash room needs some attention as paper hand towels ran out at one time.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
DorsettGrandSubang, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Subang, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear James P, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. We are pleased to know that you were impressed with the overall quality of our meeting room package and the warm hospitality extended by our associates. We will certainly share your comments with them. However, we have noted your comments on the non availability of paper hand towels and will address this issue. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The problem started when we made our reservation via phone. We were initially told that no credit card needed to secure the room when i called the hotel 2 months ago. However i felt insecure and i called back the hotel about 1-2 weeks before departure and i was told that room not secured. Though im not happy , i manage to complete my reservation by providing my credit card number and book a deluxe room for two person which is newly refurbished room with special government rate. On the day of check in, i was told 'happily' that due to overwhelming reservation, they 'upgraded' our room to junior suite. I knew that its not a new room but i never complain about that though i was not very happy with that. The room is old and stink. Nearby to my rooms a music exam is going on and we feel very awkward each time we pass by the hallway. The time when i finally burst is when we went for breakfast next morning when we were told that breakfast is for one person only. I even asked the receptionist during check in the time for breakfast and we were not informed of that. I used to stay in hotel quite frequent and for certain hotel who provide only one breakfast even u booked for two person, the staffs will specifically inform us and offer us a special price on that. I usually will pay for that. However , as for this time , i became extremely frustrated. I couldnt go out for breakfast as my conference will be starting anytime. Im not willing to pay for it either as this is hotel mistakes and the most i had will be some bread and a cup of coffee. I went to the counter and was not entertained till i met the manager. Finally he offered me free breakfast. I nvr ask him about breakfast the next day as i do not want to have it as well. Before me talking to the receptionist, i saw another guests was quarreling on room availability. This is the first time i wrote a review on hotel before i check out. I seldom give a 2 star for the hotel as well esp this is a well known 4 star hotel. From what i observed from when made my reservation till now, this hotel do not care for their guests. Staffs are not trained . No standardization on the information given.i nvr expect this will happen in dorsett group hotels. With so many new hotels mushrooming, i do hope they can improve themself, as i doubt whether it can compete with them in the near future.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Carmen K

Dear Carmen K, thank you for your feedback. We are indeed concerned to hear of the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay with us. While the hotel enjoys an excellent reputation for its services, we regret to note that your recent stay at the hotel was not up to expectations. The unpleasant experience you encountered recently is certainly not acceptable. Please be assured that the hotel is constantly working on maintaining and improving the quality of our service and standards through valuable comments from guests like your goodself. We have since addressed the service issues with the respective departments to ensure that it will not happen again. Meanwhile, we thank you for your patronage and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you again.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Not cheap especially as breakfast is not provided
Hotel was unable to provide bedding requirements as stated on initial booking; must accommodate this as far as possible
Hotel needs refurbishment especially the plumbing and electrical sockets
Average value for money

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ges127

Dear ges127, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay with us. We have noted the issues you encountered with regards to your bedding request and the plumbing and electrical sockets. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience these issues may have caused you. Please be assured that we will address them with the relevant departments concerned and make the necessary improvements. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to being of service to you again.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I stayed at Dorsethett Grand from 5th of august until 9th. I would love to stay there again sometime. My stay was about meeting and everything worked out great. All food at the hotel was good and breakfast with a lot to choose for. Everybody was very friendly. Close to the hotel is a big shopping mall with ice skating area :-) Good for the Icelandic guy

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
DorsettGrandSubang, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Subang, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Chefarni, thank you for your review and for choosing to stay in our hotel. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and especially liked the quality of food, warm hospitality extended by our associates and hotel's location. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests. Everyday here at the Dorsett Grand Subang, all of us strive to make sure that we look after our guests well and to know that our actions are appreciated is the highest form of motivation. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Subang Jaya
Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel
#2 of 50 in Petaling Jaya
2.7 km away
Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie

Been to Dorsett Grand Subang? Share your experiences!