“A reasonable hotel needs to change their wifi policy”

Dorsett Grand Subang
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Subang Jaya
Reviewed 28 July 2017

I and my friend booked dorsett grand hotel thru expedia.The voucher stated free wifi.When we checked in there was a pleasant Malay female front office staff, who was very pleasant and cheerful while allotting our room. When I requested for wifi for 4 items, she referred me to her colleaque one mr ravi.He told me that the hotel only allows 2 wifi per room. I told him that my voucher states free and he said unable to give extra wifi.I have travel to Malaysia on many occasions and was surprised of this hotels policy on wifi,which is easily available at all hotels.After 7 pm received a message stating that they are allowing 4 items for wifi usage. Simple analysis is based on twin sharing, we have 2 laptops and 2 Add to dictionary seriously need to review this matter or change vendor to accommodate customers.

Room Tip: A high floor room with lake view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank krissafe
DorsettGrandSubang, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Subang, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear krissafe, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your stay with us. We have noted the issues you encountered with regards to the wifi devices and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Please be assured that we will address this issue with our IT department and make the necessary improvements. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to being of service to you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

The arrival was nice the staff are friendly and professional. I was lucky that it was a busy weekend and I was upgraded to a super deluxe room(769). The normal as expected hotel standard things are there, the bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean.
Alas, the bathroom left me surprised, the size is good the weird window to the room can be covered by an automated blind but the mould in the door still and the marble left me wondering. I know for S$70+ I received far more than I expected. But the bad indication for the ceiling fan just outside the bathroom door is probably the reason that the steam builds up in the bathroom and causes the mould.
Once the mould and rust in the ceiling is cleared up, this is a very nice hotel. Great food good entertainment. I would recommend staying there.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
DorsettGrandSubang, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Subang, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear OrangeDugong, thank you very much for your review and we are pleased that you had a good stay overall. We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff and will certainly share your comments with them. However, we have noted your feedback regarding the mould in the bathroom and will address this issue immediately. Please be assured that the hotel is constantly working on maintaining and improving the quality of our service and standards through valuable comments from our guests. Once again, thank you for sharing your stay experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

This was my first time to Malaysia and also my first time to stay in Dorsett group hotel. I was very impressive of their hotel services, as all their service staff I met, were very cheerful, attentive and in good smile. Room was very spacious and comfortable, food at their cafe was just delicious, especially I love their club floor lounge, it is a very nice place to relax with some drinks and food. Great hotel and staff !!!

Room Tip: Club Floor Room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Patrick L
DorsettGrandSubang, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Subang, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Patrick L, thank you for the wonderful review and for choosing to stay with us. We truly appreciate your positive comments and are pleased that the quality and services extended to you were up to your expectations. We will definitely share your comments with our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Comfortable hotel where we stayed 3 nights, with big, clean rooms and very kind and helpful staff. Breakfast buffet offers acceptable variety of foods, Asian and Western.

Nice place to stay for business, with few things to do in the surrounding s

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Cinnamomum74
DorsettGrandSubang, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Subang, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear Cinnamomum74, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are glad that your stay was a pleasant one. It is always a pleasure to receive positive comments from our guests. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Positive staff providing hotel guest with a homely feel. Staff just like Maria was willing to get feedback from guest which benefits the hotel. The rooms are good and very comfortable. The food is good and it always brings me back

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
DorsettGrandSubang, General Manager at Dorsett Grand Subang, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear rovingJB, thank you very much for the positive review following your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and were impressed with the warm hospitality extended by our associates and quality of food served. We will definitely share your comment with Maria and the rest of the team. All of us here strive to ensure that we look after our guests well and to know that our actions are appreciated is the highest form of motivation. Thank you again! We certainly look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Subang Jaya
Hilton Petaling Jaya Hotel
#2 of 50 in Petaling Jaya
2.7 km away
Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur Glenmarie

Been to Dorsett Grand Subang? Share your experiences!