2,419 results
All reviewsnight marketspg memberthe club loungesea viewseafoodthe general managertour desklocal marketcentral locationwet marketthe south china seaan upgradebuffet breakfastdvd playerwater frontspacious roomlocal food
Reviewed 26 October 2009

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel in October and upgraded to a Club Room on the 11th Floor. From the moment we walked into the lobby, we were impressed with the professionalism and efficiency of the staff. Mark checked us in promptly and organised our upgrades, making sure our 3 rooms were all in close proximity. The room was large and well appointed with internet access. The kingsize bed was comfortable and we had great views overlooking the South China Sea. The club lounge offered a delicious array of snacks together with drinks in the evening and the service was outstanding. The hotel is ideally located with the night food market directly across the road where there is an abundance of fresh seafood and local delights. The hotel breakfast covered everyones taste, including my fussy 8 y.o. and I could even get decaf coffee! We have travelled extensively throughout Asia and we would undoubtedly place this hotel as one of the best as far as comfort, location and service.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2009

This is was our first Hotel on our 16 night holiday around Malaysia, and It was the best! The rooms were luxurious, comfortable and clean, with a great seaview. The staff were exceptional especially the conceirge, Sylvar, who was very informative about tours and the local area.
Location was the best as it was central and within walking distance to nearly everything we wanted to do.
My teenagers had adjoining rooms with us and it was the perfect set up for all of us.
The only thing I could fault and this is only a small fault was the fruit at breakfast wasn't as good as some of the other hotels we went to later. But that could be a seasonal and or location problem.
We will definitely be returning to KK as there is still more to see and do around there, as we our 5 nights there were definitely not enough.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2009

This was a top notch hotel and experience. My room was beautiful, the service was nearly perfect (the bell hop even remembered my name the next day) and the restaurant food was delicious. I also liked the central location and extra services available in the hotel. Well done!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2009

The Le Meridien in Kota Kinabalu is in a very convenient location to explore KK town but is not on the beach like the resorts in the area.

The best part is its proximity to the night markets including the fish market for great bbq fish meal - a must try! It is also a short walk to a strip of bars along the water which are in a great position to take in the gorgeous sunset.

There is not a huge amount in KK town, a few shops and a handful of historical sights but the hotel is a 15 min walk to Jessleton Point where 10 mins on a speed boat will take you to the islands of Tunku Abdul Royal Park with stunningly clear, warm water, coral and soft white beaches.

The rooms at the front of the Le Meridient have incredible views of the islands. Try and get a seaview room if you can.

The buffet breakfast has a very good selection of food.

We also had a surprisingly fun night at Rumba (the bar underneath the hotel) with decent G&Ts and a catchy Philippino cover band.

The service at the hotel is also very good. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2009

I took the deluxe king room (breakfast inclusive) with a sea view and had booked my room via Starwood for about S$140 per night. I had to change my reservation and the contact centre staff at Starwood were extremely accomodative with regards to the change of dates. But what really left me with a lasting impression was my arrival at the hotel. I got my room quite immediately (no waiting time required). Here's the jaw dropper....I had a bouquet of flowers in my room and a rose petal bath-tub waiting for me with warm water. The other jaw dropper was the view from my window. I got a room on the 10th floor and the view of the sea and surrounding islands was worth a million dollars! The room and bathroom was really big and spacious. The staff were well trained and were extremely responsive. I had mild problems with the flushing system in my room but they were quick to fix everything. Outside the hotel, there is a line of restaurants (Indian, Seafood, Italian, etc) facing the seafront. You can dine by the sea in candle-light almost every night. The pool is quite ordinary in comparison to some other hotels I have seen although it is very clean. There is a gym, jacuzzi, steambath and sauna for those that really want to hang out and just relax. But here's the other bit on outstanding service out there by the staff. After my steambath, sauna and jacuzzi, I had a fruit stick and a cold glass of water waiting for me at my pool bench. The staff are extremely receptive to your needs. Location is fantastic because everything is close by (even a small local mall). Loved the Le Meridien and will certainly go back to this hotel if ever I went to Kota Kinabalu. I give it a 6 star for their service mindedness and attitude. They were really outstanding and they really go all out to please you at all times.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple