Almost a perfect stay, i'll rate it 4 stars due to maintenance issue.
Booked, Club Twin room.
Check in, no escort to Club Lounge for lounge c/in however receptionist called lounge on 12th floor, lounge staff greet me by name as she open the door for me. Left my guest at lounge while i went to room, without me asking, staffs serve complimentary juices to my guests while they wait, nice touch. 1st room, assigned a Club room on same level as lounge, roomy but window was dirty from the outside, why do i book Club sea view when i can even enjoy it!?
2nd room, move to a normal deluxe room on 10th floor that had a curved window (tip-ask for these 26 series room), not only the room was larger but the keep the curved window clean to take in the stunning view. Room was clean but on closer look, housekeeping issue like mold in bathroom, maintenance...pealing paint etc
Room: Free internet in room a plus point, 4 btls of drinking water daily was welcoming, selection of TV channel and small size TV...poor, full amenities
Club Lounge: Service vary from staff, most were warm, Edna was specially good in remembering our preferences. Good breakfast with at least 4-6 hot selections and egg station. Evening cocktails great selection of booze but limited canape and quality average.
Others: Pool was cool, below the flight path of landing flights, watch the belly of planes while swimming. Lobby could be busy with tourist group, reception and bell counter under staffing and could be a long wait at times.
Location can't be any better! About 20-30 mins walk to jetty for the islands national park. Rite in front of a food nite markets and behind it the night market for crafts etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu is a contemporary 5 star hotel, strategically located at the heart and city center of downtown Kota Kinabalu across the fresh and handicraft markets and Kota Kinabalu waterfront. Overlooking the sea, Le Méridien Kota Kinabalu features newly renovated rooms, leisure outdoor pool and sundeck with sunset pool side bar. Convenient within easy walking distance of other local attractions like Gaya Street in less than 10 minutes walk, retail and entertainment facilities in less than 20 minutes walk like Centrepoint, Suria and Imago Shopping Malls. Enjoy access to local art gallery, golf courses and other island excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Meridien Kota Kinabalu
- Kota Kinabalu Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Malaysia - Sabah