2,458 results
All reviews night market spg member the club lounge sea view seafood the general manager tour desk local market central location wet market upgraded to a suite the south china sea an upgrade buffet breakfast dvd player water front spacious room
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stay here about 8 days.
This is Best Hotel so far I visited in Malaysia.
Hotel Room is very clean, nice smell, LCD TV Screen. My room view is market and a bit of seaview. Hotel staff is friendly.
Located near by tourist area. My most favorite hotel in Malaysia so far.

Note for Management: Please Maintain this nice hotel.

Room Tip: Clean and nice room with seaview
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Travel L
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Though more of a business hotel, Le Meridien is a great choice when in Kota Kinabalu with Hyatt as the only other choice in the same category within the city. We had stayed here earlier and hence opted with the tried and tested.

Our check in had a few hiccups but after that the sailing was smooth. Initially we were allotted a room that was undergoing touch up repairs, when we entered we were shocked to find carpenters who were equally shocked seeing us. After this we were given a better room reserved for Starwood members (which we are). But just as we checked in, a cleaning lady entered using her master key, thankfully a mishap was avoided as we had just entered (and I hadn't bothered to lock after the bellboy departed.) This was one of the bigger rooms in the hotel with a double bed, sofa, writing table, chairs etc. The room was clean, sleep quality was great and the bathroom had a shower area plus a bathtub. The only gripe that I have is that the bathroom had a rubber mat which spoiled the decor, I am all for Eco-friendly business, but I am sure that they can find a better looking mat to match the tastefully done rooms.

We ordered room service on two occasions and both the times the food was delivered within a reasonable amount of time and was hot and tasty. The hotel has several activities around the Ramadan month (which is when we had traveled both times) including a Ramadan theme buffet, weekday steak lunches, very well priced executive lunches etc. The pool has a good happy hour too. The breakfast spread is great at the price.

On our last day we opted for the executive lunch in the coffee shop which is great value for money, a spread of soups, starters, soups with one main course and a spread of desserts. The staff was very courteous and due to some misunderstanding our main course was delayed, sensing our urgency they sped up the process and even served us complimentary juices. The service is worth writing about.

I'll stay here again in case my travels take me back to KK.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 10th floor facing the sea which are usually reserved for Starwood Preferred Guests.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveleator
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Le Meridien is situated on the front street overlooking the sea and gets lovely sunsets. There are a few good restaurants on the sea front as well as the hawker stalls and night market which is interesting to meander around. There are a few small trendy shopping arcades in the area.
The hotel had parking underneath and a nice lobby, the decor was very modern and smart. Staff were friendly and helpful, our room overlooking the sea was modern and very nice with the usual mod cons. There was a small pool on the front with a gym and facilities which we used. We didn't eat at the hotel but they appeared to host a few party events and functions. The hotel is certainly a 4 to 5 star, for me it just lacked a little 'character'. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a sea view as the sunset is great.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nile_Geordies
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We visited KK and found the city to be very cozy and relaxing. Though we didn't have much time to see the sights as we were attending a wedding. The hotel is centrally located and spacious.The gym can use a makeover with updated equipment and more light. When I entered, I felt like I was in a locker room. Our front desk check in was delightful as Ade helped us. He was extremely energetic and immediately made us feel welcome. We wish we could have met more people with his customer service skills. The rest of the staff was polite and helped when requested. Breakfast was quite a buffet- had a little bit of everything so you can definitely find something.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 898TravelBug
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times for work trips and have found it to be professionally run and overall a very decent hotel. The rooms are a good size, the beds comfortable, and the buffet breakfast is extensive. Downsides are the exhorbitant internet access rates (for both in-room wi-fi and at the business centre), and occasional maintenance issue (difficulty getting hot water, damp smell in bathroom). Good pool and gym. The central location is invaluable and the lobby cafe has a very pleasant atmosphere and good service. Overall, recommended for work or leisure stays.

Room Tip: Insist on non-smoking if you don't smoke.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business