US$72
US$57
US$196
US$137
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

G Hotel Gurney(George Town)
US$150
US$120
G Hotel Kelawai(George Town)
US$133
US$106
Hotel Jen Penang(George Town)
US$93
US$91
Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang(George Town)
US$76
US$47
Agoda.com
GLOW Penang(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$42
Spices Hotel(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$47
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Seven Terraces(George Town)
US$170
US$153
Chulia Mansion(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$41
US$36
Priceline
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$44/night.

All reviewsbeach cafegurney drivejacuzzi tubmr firdausliving halldining tablegreat sea viewhuge roomno liftinfinity poolbit datedseparate showerspacious bathroombuffet breakfasthotel lobbyfood courthotel management
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Came in tired after a long drive. Was greeted very well by Mr. Raj the Duty Manager. Assisted us with all our needs efficiently. Check was fantastic and super by Zizie and Nurul. Looking forward to come back here again soon for my next stay. #excellenthospitalityservice

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rynald L
WangChenYee, Hotel Manager at The Northam All Suite Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Mr Rynald,

Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience during your stay with us. We are pleased to learn that you are delighted with the customer service you experienced during your stay, especially from Raj, Zizie and Nurul. Thank you for your encouragement.

All of us at the Northam are committed to provide authentic Malaysia hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the very near future. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

The rooms is spacious and the Northam Hotel Staffs are very helpful and friendly. The buffet is prefect and the facilities are well maintain. The hotel is strategically located in Georgetown which easy accessible

Room Tip: Face the sea
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
WangChenYee, Hotel Manager at The Northam All Suite Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Mr Louis,

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially with the spacious suite and the friendly and helpful staff. I have shared your comments with the team to inspire them to continue striving for excellence.

We look forward to welcome you back to the Northam soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

This is the worst hotel in Penang.

Cocaroch every where
Very very dirty

I don't recommend it for any one. Even single hour.

Moreover, room service is the lowest service you may think ever.

Staff are very nice. This is the only things they have.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mohammed a
WangChenYee, Hotel Manager at The Northam All Suite Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Dear En Mohammed,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with the overall service by our staff but please accept our sincere apologies for the unfouvorable experience you encountered during your stay. Rest assured we take your feedback seriously and we are taking immediate action to address the pest control issue.

When your travel plan brings you back to Penang, please contact me directly and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

The main problems I had with my stay were: cockroaches, a broken room safe, malfunctioning light controls, a dirty bathroom with severely leaking shower, and water-damaged floorboards with a musty/moldy smell in the room and furniture.

My family arrived at night and, within a minute of entering the suite, one of my children says "what's that?" I peer closer and sure enough, it is a cockroach. I immediately set about turning on all the lights to get a better look around. I soon realized that a number of the lights don't work. When I inspected the bathroom, there was urine on the toilet seat! Dried. Under the toilet seat. I'm feeling pretty insecure about my surroundings by this point but I'm trying hard not to upset my family. I couldn't keep quiet about the jacuzzi tub however. There was orange residue in there that I could not identify. It was very disconcerting.

I had to call the front desk for extra towels and to replace a hairdryer that was clearly missing from its wall mount. Evidently the hotel had also run out of conditioner, a fact that was corroborated by members of my party staying in other rooms. We soon found out that the electronic room safe was broken, the shower leaked water from its foundation, and the floorboards are warped from water seeping up under the living area.

The next morning, we asked the concierge to have someone fix the room safe and change the blown light bulbs in the room. When we returned in the evening, the lights worked but the safe was still broken. We learned from our friends who checked into two other rooms at the Northam that broken room safes and cockroaches were a common denominator in other rooms as well. After catching two more cockroaches, it was time to sleep. Except, all the lights wouldn't turn off! ALL the lights! "Just pull the room key out of the front door slot" someone suggested. I tried three times, waiting patiently for at least five minutes between tries to no avail. I left the room key out of the slot but no amount of punching of buttons on the master controls or the wall switches would induce any of the lights to turn off. Finally, at my wits end, we went to bed with all the lights on. At some point in the middle of the night, the lights finally decided to turn off on their own accord.

By the third day, the housekeeping staff finally learned to leave some extra towels for us to mop up the after-shower flooding from the leaking shower stall. I noticed that the musty smell that prevailed in our room had permeated all of our luggage and clothing. We had pre-arranged to transfer over to another hotel midway through our Penang visit, where we arrived "smelling like the Northam" for a few days. I have already made a note to management that room 3006 should not be rented out again until proper renovations are completed.

Was there anything good about this "4 Star" hotel? A few things: 1) there is a beautiful waterfront view, 2) the infinity pool on the 9th Floor provides a great way to cool off in the afternoon, 3) the complimentary mixed Western and Malaysian breakfast buffet was quite good and 4) the bell hop Sandran was exceptionally courteous and helpful. But I will not stay here again.

This is my third attempt to submit a review for this stay as my previous submissions ("accepted" by TripAdvisor) appear to have gone missing.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Buffyanna

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the seaview, our infinity pool, the breakfast spread and the service from Sandran. However, we regret to learn of the undesirable experience you encountered with the condition of the room. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

I have shared your feedback with our team and we have taken action to address the issues mentioned in your review. Please contact me directly if your travel plan brings you back to Penang. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Northam in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Cockroaches in room on floor 27! Hotel did nothing, and I have just read other reviews that have said the same, wish I saw this before booking. Decor tired and dated, look at photos from guests and decide quality yourself! Floor boards health hazard. Towels and bedding are old and worn. Smokey smell despite being a no smoking floor. Good views to sea but windows are filthy and didn't feel comfortable leaning on glazing. Seriously do not recommend, particularly for those from U.K. Positives, large rooms and good location.

Room Tip: Book another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ange L

Dear Ms Ange,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed our spacious suite and the convenience location during your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the unfavourable experience you encountered during your stay. We have taken action to address issues mentioned in your comments. Even our hotel is an older property; we are committed to provide all of our guests a pleasant stay at the Northam.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel during your next visit back to Penang. Please contact me directly for your future reservation and I will personally ensure you your next stay at the Northam will be more enjoyable one. Thank you.