This beautiful hotel allows the best of both worlds. The parquet floors and adornment of marble and timber allow you to step back in time but are supported with Wifi and lifts in the Heritage wing. If history is not your vibe then more modern rooms are but a 5 minute walk. Pools and bars are in both areas and the cafes, restaurant are designed for old fashioned relaxation. Service from the staff is impeccable. There may be an occasional lost in translation but kindness and care abound from the friendly doorman to the helpful Concierge. The location perfect for wandering the multitude of cafes and shops close by. If designer brands are for you a short taxi ride will get you there after 11am. This Grand lady has much to offer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Fastbooking, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town, Malaysia