“Nice and confortable”

Ranked #20 of 84 Hotels in George Town
Villorba, Italy
“Nice and confortable”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel. The room I had was in a corner, and I had a astonishing view in two sides of Georgetown and the sea. The location is right in the middle of China town, so perfect for nice walking around. People are very friendly and help in everything. Rate not cheap, but reasonable. To be recomended.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ToniCopo
GM-CPG, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear Guest

Warmest greetings from Cititel Penang!

I am indeed very pleased to know that you have had a wonderful stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to compliment our services and facilities and it is always a delight to know that we have met or exceeded our guests’ expectations.

I have shared your kind comments with my team members here and have thanked them for their dedication and hard work in ensuring that our guests have a fulfilling stay with us.

All of us certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang again and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@cititelpenang.com if I may be of further assistance.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with us and may I wish you a good week ahead.

Tony Goh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Just got back from our holiday to Penang for our 4D3N trip.
1st Big Thanks again to TripAdvisor that helped me to made a right decision to stay in Cititel Penang without any regret. Even though the hotel is not new but with good service & made us had a good stay. The staff are very friendly,especially the Front Office colleague name Soon Hock, he extended his help for brought us to viewed the better room(due to bathtub clogging) & shifting room, he really did a very good job.
2nd Appreciated to the GM, Mr Tony with his prompt replied on email & warm arrangement for us for the complimentary extra bed, thank you so much, Mr Tony, and also the immediate action taken on the room problem.
The Jacuzzi pool were quite small but my son still enjoyed it very much.
The parking lot also limited but lucky there are 2floors, hence we do not foreseen the parking problem.
Location wise definitely are great, easy access to the famous places in Penang.
Last but not least, we will stay in this hotel if come back to Penang again & highly recommended to our friends too ^.^

Room Tip: The corner room would be great because more space & more comfortable
2 Thank conniehoo8888
Dear Connie

Great to hear from you and trust you had a good trip back home! thank you very much for your kind compliments of our services, and have conveyed your message to Soon Hock, our Duty Manager.

My team and i are very appreciative of your comments and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

till then, my very best wishes,
Tony
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We've checked-in into this hotel few years back and it's better compared to our previous stay!
The room was clean, breakfast was good too!
We've booked two Superior rooms via online was upgraded to Deluxe when we checked-in with just MYR30 for corner room & adjoining room.

The hotel is located at tourist spots like the Chowrasta Market, Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion and lots of eating places. For dinner, we walked about 150metres to Jalan Sri Bahari for a good Thai food, Restaurant Sri Sawadee.

Overall, we have made the right choice for choosing this hotel!

2 Thank The_Traveler010710
GM-CPG, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Guest

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang!

It is indeed very heartening to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us at Cititel Penang.

My team and I truly appreciate your kind comments about our hotel facilities and services and look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang soon.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 May 2012

You are only gonna hear good things from this review because I genuinely experienced the most sincere services from the wonderful staff at Cititel penang. Honestly I have never met staffs, a porter, housekeeping staff and front counter receptionist, who would go beyond the call of duty to make guest feel good. I really liked the fact that their service staff at this hotel is empowered to make decisions that will please and assist their guest regardless of their nationality and room types.

This is my first stay with cititel penang but not my first visit to penang. I travelled last weekend with my family for a short getaway to penang. The choice of hotel was based on our budget and the need for proximity to all the good hawker fare located around this hotel that seats comfortably at jalan penang, which is 2 lanes away from the famous E & O hotel where you can have nice buffet or afternoon tea by the sea, the cheong tze fatt mansion (heritage site) is a stone throw away and a short walk away from Kafe Ho Ping and Kafe Kheng Pin where you can find the famed Char Koay Teow & Lor Bak respectively. Even the Famous Nasi Kandar stall was within walking distance and attractions like Komtar, Chowrasta market and heritage sites in Georgetown are within comfortable distance. We also found out there is a free hop on bus service that takes us around georgetown to weld quay just conveniently outside the hotel. It's called the MPPP Rapid Penang CAT (central Area Transit) service.

So the location is a plus point if you are able body and don't mind taking a walk instead of travelling by taxi. That will save you a couple of bucks and aid digestion from all the wonderful but greasy food you ingested. So no complains about the location at all. A comfortable 30mins ride from the airport and pretty much near all the major attractions of Penang.

We met nice service staff, one of whom we must mention- Gabriel and he works as a porter for 12 years in the hotel. He is very knowledgeable and friendly. He assisted in making many of the arrangements that helped make this trip very special for our family. Special thanks to him. Its really great to see people taking pride in their jobs and roles and doing a good job. He seem to be enjoying his job. Kudos to him for making our stay comfortable and taking feedbacks seriously and taking the trouble to make recommendations, adding his magical personal touch to his impeccable service.

We totally and thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality at cititel penang as even their standard rooms are adequate, very comfortable bedding (King sized beddings) and no complains about their air conditioning. Housekeeping does a great job in keeping our room spotless everyday.

I will definitely stay in CItitel on the next visit. This will be my hotel of choice. Not shabby at all for the price we are paying. I will recommend this wonderful little business hotel to all who visits Penang.

Room Tip: Ask specifically for King size beds even if you opt for standard rooms. Top up additional $50 per ni...
2 Thank fatgirl_84
GM-CPG, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Dear Guest

My sincere thanks for your kind and gracious compliments of our services and facilities during your recent stay at Cititel Penang – they are truly appreciated. I have also shared your kind words with Gabriel with much pride.

It is always gratifying to learn that we have exceeded your expectations during your stay - I will share your kind comments with my team, who will be equally delighted to know that the service rendered is highly appreciated and acknowledged. It is through these comments and feedback that inspires us to continue to give our best in providing a totally fulfilling experience for all our guests.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family for many more return visits and thank you once again for taking the time to write.

With kind regards,

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We've booked through hotel online reservation website and requested for a king size bed in a standard room. However, when we arrived that late evening, we were told that non-smoking rooms with king size bed are all taken up and only one room with a king size bed is available, that is a smoking room.
Because we are travelling with a young kid (<2 y.o), cleanliness and odor-free room would be our main priority. Therefore, we have no other choice but to upgrade to a corner standard room, that cost us an additional RM30/nite. We were told at the reception that the deluxe rooms were refurbished but the standard rooms has not been refurbished. So, the front desk officer highly recommended us to upgrade to the corner standard room with a top up of RM30.

We were a tad too disappointed, but didn't wanted to make a fuss as we just wanted to rest for the day. So, we managed to checked in to the 6th floor, which is a non-smoking floor.

Overall, the room was clean and brightly lit. It had a great seaview and the equipment in the room were working well. We particularly like the shower and bath's water pressure in the bathroom. Although the furniture were slightly old, but still in a usable condition.

There were some noises from the street (probably from the pubs/nightclubs nearby), but it was quite minimal. But if you have choice, choose those rooms on higher floors to avoid those noises.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors would be good and if have the budget, go for corner rooms which are sligh...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
GM-CPG, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Dear Guest

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang!

Thank you for taking the time to write and your kind comments are most appreciated.

If you could let me know in advance of your next visit, we will ensure that our non-smoking room with a king-sized bed will be reserved for you and your family. Kindly email me at gm@cititelpenang.com and will do the needful from my end.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Cititel Penang again soon and until then, thank you for writing and may I wish you a great week ahead.