You are only gonna hear good things from this review because I genuinely experienced the most sincere services from the wonderful staff at Cititel penang. Honestly I have never met staffs, a porter, housekeeping staff and front counter receptionist, who would go beyond the call of duty to make guest feel good. I really liked the fact that their service staff at this hotel is empowered to make decisions that will please and assist their guest regardless of their nationality and room types.
This is my first stay with cititel penang but not my first visit to penang. I travelled last weekend with my family for a short getaway to penang. The choice of hotel was based on our budget and the need for proximity to all the good hawker fare located around this hotel that seats comfortably at jalan penang, which is 2 lanes away from the famous E & O hotel where you can have nice buffet or afternoon tea by the sea, the cheong tze fatt mansion (heritage site) is a stone throw away and a short walk away from Kafe Ho Ping and Kafe Kheng Pin where you can find the famed Char Koay Teow & Lor Bak respectively. Even the Famous Nasi Kandar stall was within walking distance and attractions like Komtar, Chowrasta market and heritage sites in Georgetown are within comfortable distance. We also found out there is a free hop on bus service that takes us around georgetown to weld quay just conveniently outside the hotel. It's called the MPPP Rapid Penang CAT (central Area Transit) service.
So the location is a plus point if you are able body and don't mind taking a walk instead of travelling by taxi. That will save you a couple of bucks and aid digestion from all the wonderful but greasy food you ingested. So no complains about the location at all. A comfortable 30mins ride from the airport and pretty much near all the major attractions of Penang.
We met nice service staff, one of whom we must mention- Gabriel and he works as a porter for 12 years in the hotel. He is very knowledgeable and friendly. He assisted in making many of the arrangements that helped make this trip very special for our family. Special thanks to him. Its really great to see people taking pride in their jobs and roles and doing a good job. He seem to be enjoying his job. Kudos to him for making our stay comfortable and taking feedbacks seriously and taking the trouble to make recommendations, adding his magical personal touch to his impeccable service.
We totally and thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality at cititel penang as even their standard rooms are adequate, very comfortable bedding (King sized beddings) and no complains about their air conditioning. Housekeeping does a great job in keeping our room spotless everyday.
I will definitely stay in CItitel on the next visit. This will be my hotel of choice. Not shabby at all for the price we are paying. I will recommend this wonderful little business hotel to all who visits Penang.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport, 5 minutes drive to Penang Ferry terminal, 5-10 minutes walk to nearby tourist attractions such as street arts and UNESCO heritage trails, 15-minutes walk to Chowrasta market and Mydin Hypermarket, 20-minutes walk to Komtar/Prangin Mall/1st Avenue Mall, 20-minutes walk to Esplanade/Beach Street and the Red Garden Hawker Centre is located just opposite the hotel. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Cititel Penang George Town, Malaysia