Hotel Malaysia
Seven Terraces(George Town)
US$149
US$130
G Hotel Gurney(George Town)
US$170
US$79
US$62
US$84
US$48
Chulia Mansion(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$42
GLOW Penang(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$45
Cititel Penang(George Town)
US$92
US$57
Agoda.com
All reviewsundergoing renovationswalking distancenoisy at nightconvenience storered garden food courtfried ricequeen size bedupper penang roadchowrasta markettop floorcendoltourist attractionscomfortable roomsfree breakfastmini fridgeheritage sitesnasi
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Stay in this hotel for 5nights.
Environment..........very nice
Staff........all staff especially Essie, Gayu and miss Lim were excellent. Most helpful staff in all areas.
Breakfast......very nice.......met my needs
ROOM.....I had a road facing room. Lovely comfortable, air conditioned ,clean room. The only aspects was disappointing was the loud noise from a nearby night club which kept me awake, till late. I am a light sleeper, .....I did not make any complaints as all other aspects were very good. Thank you to all this staff.

Room Tip: Room not facing the main road.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I booked 2 Premiere Deluxe rooms for 1 night.
Pros:
* Rooms are spacious for 4 persons. They are quite clean.
* It's a real good deal!! It's cheap and comes with simple breakfast for 4 persons. Breakfast is at 11th floor with a nice view.
*A lot of food around the hotel to choose.
*Self coin laundry is in walking distance.
Cons:
*No toothbrush and toothpaste provided in the room.
*A bit noisy at night from night life activities surrounding hotel.
If I come to Penang next time, Malaysia Hotel will become an option to stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Room is too tiny and for some reason smells like a rotten food. Walls are too thin and you can join the conversation next door.
Shower has soap scum like a family house which hasn't cleaned for a month. No hand towels. The mirror has water marks and tooth paste marks like some kid brush her/his teeth and spit it to the mirror. Internet is so slow you can't open your emails and keep disconnecting.

Room Tip: Not clean, stinky
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2018

I'd stayed at the hotel 2 times now, mainly due to the low budget price. I have to say the rooms are clean and the hotel is located in a strategic location for the price. The best thing about the hotel is that the breakfast is located on their top floor and there is a nice view at the eating area. The food itself is average.

The worst thing about my visits were the incredible level of noise you will experience. On my first visit, my room was facing the famous red garden market in the near distance. They have loud singing that went on past 12am and died out at 1am. I am not an early sleeper so it wasn't so bad for me but I can imagine how terrible it is to most people.

On my second visit, my room was at the third floor and right opposite is a local coffeeshop that seems to be 24hrs. The customers there were laughing and talking loudly up past 3am and it may be due to the design of the hotel, the noise level that reached the room is incredibly loud. Very strange! A few times the laughing were so loud I jumped off my bed and thought of some haunting experience.

While the noise level from external factors are not within the control of the hotel. I find it unkind that the cleaning crew were shouting down corridor in the early morning. Initially, I thought the nearby guests are so inconsiderate in talking so loudly at 8am while walking past other guests' rooms. It was the next day I personally witnessed the crews shouting. I saw a man who appeared to be a crew leader coming up the service staircase beside the lift, who then shouted across instructions to the cleaning crew in one of the rooms down the hall when I was waiting at the lift at about 9am... This type of service behavior for a hotel is rather terrible.

To get the best value from your money, plug in some ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I went with my siblings. 4 of us. Every happy and satisfied with the stay in the hotel. Comfortable and clean room. Friendly staff. Restaurant was nearby for late night food. Also a convenient store below the hotel. Reserved parking.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family