“Interesting burger”

Spade's Burger Pulau Tikus
Ranked #286 of 1,104 Restaurants in George Town
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Description: Serving awesome burgers from the food paradise, Penang.
Description: Serving awesome burgers from the food paradise, Penang.
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

My sister in law bought some burgers for us. I had a Dark Knight and my son a Baconizer. The burgers were an intersecting color bun but they tasted pretty good. They also had a snack called salted egg fish skin that was crunchy and salty. I liked it but they aren’t as good as the local version apparently.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I am not a fan for burgers. Why? Because most come with really soft buns that eventually turn soggy. But Spade's has this black buns that holds it shape while you eat. Also, the patties were more like homemade instead of store bought. How do I know? Because the taste is different. The set meal comes with fries and bottomless drinks. All in all, I was in overload. Great place!

Reviewed 30 March 2017

We were very impressed with these burgers. I was surprised by the black buns, but they tasted very good. So many choices. Beef, chicken, pork. Great fries. If you get the set, the portions are quite large.

Reviewed 10 February 2017

I seldom use this word about food very often, but the burgers here are just awesome!
Sure, its not a top-class restaurant with piped muzak, silver-service and plush seats, but you don't come here for that stuff, you come for the burgers! The place is always clean, the staff friendly and helpful, and the menu choice extensive. The place is often full (always a good sign at a restaurant), but the food comes quickly and is freshly prepared on the spot.
The cost of adding fries and (bottomless) drinks to your burger choice is very reasonable. My only criticism is over the french fries; they are more like mini potato wedges, but the herb seasoning is not to my own taste (I'm English, and one thing I know is good chips).
That aside, the burgers are, as I said at the start, awesome!

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

We were recommended this place by a friend and boy was he right! This place has a fantastic burger! Both the baconator and the 300 were fantastic, looking forward to going back!