“Awesome beach”
Review of Pulau Sembilan

Pulau Sembilan
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Lumut
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

Grest memorable trips eith my friends. Thr seafood provided by my agency is awesome. There are three agencies at thr island, the agencies that i chose is the newest, so the toilet and other facilities are new and clean. Staff are friendly as well.

25  Thank cindy c

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

If you cannot take a little dirty environment, do not come here. However if you are used to backpacking and overnight in airport and bus station, I'm sure the comfort level of this place is not a problem. I have to state the above because not everyone has the same level of expectations for island getaway, or the definition of camping. About the blue tears, they are not as advertised...most likely you will not see many. I saw only about 3 per meter of beach area. Food is also normal, nothing fancy, but at least it was sufficient portion for all . I hope the managing agency can look into how to prevent contamination of the water and surrounding area. One of the most memorable things was the dirty kitchen water flowing out just 1 metre away from the hammock where I was chilling...eww. And the rubbish around the sunset beach area...does not look good.

4  Thank Lysentrix
Reviewed 22 February 2017

Pulau Sembilan is an amazing tourist spot suitable for naturalists, adventurers, family vacation or bonding, friend gatherings, company trips, etc.

When you are there, you need not do anything but relax, enjoying nature, enjoying sea breeze, enjoying fresh seafoods and have funs. Nine Islands Agency's committed staff will take care of everything.

The tour operator we chose was 9 Island Agency Sdn Bhd because it is a well established tour agency with lots of friendly, helpful and experienced staff. For mere RM290, you can enjoy 5+1 sumptous meals (1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 afternoon tea, 1 seafood steamboat dinner, 1 seafood porridge supper (all on the island) and 1 luxurious massive seafood platter on the mainland before leaving for home).

I myself have been to the island three times. First visit was in mid April 2016, 2nd in September 2016 & the 3rd was 9-11 February 2017.

On our first visit, we (my two friends and myself) mainly wanted to spend a weekend together and at the same time to see the blue tears. We did see some blue tears and managed to capture some nice photographs but nevermind, we had so much funs together during the trip. We laughed, we shared while enjoying each other's company. So relax and fun.

Reasons for our second visit were to relax and also to see what super high tides had done to the beautiful beach of Lalang Island. The power of nature is amazing. Changes on the beach landscape were very obvious and it must be the actions of wind and water. Besides experiencing the change on beachfront, we were also very lucky to see a lot of blue tears during the second visit. Thanks to the 9 Island Agency committed staff who stayed awake through out the night to check on the blue tears. He alerted us when the blue tears appeared in abundance. It was a very thrilling experience. Just amazing and wonderful feeling!

The trips got better and better and our third visit was the best. On this trip:

- we travelled light because we need not bring small pillow and sleeping bag anymore. Nine Islands Agency provided everything. When we arrived at Pulau Lalang, we saw new and clean camping tents neatly erected within an open-air building that has many ceiling fans installed. Very good! we will be protected from heavy rain and most importantly the fans and sea breeze will keep us cool and comfortable.

- Most importantly, no more complaint about dirty or far away toilets. The camping site has many newly built clean bathrooms and toilets. I was told there are twenty of them. The bathrooms and toilets come with tile flooring and with good drainage system. Many big sinks and big mirrors in the washing area too.

- highlight this visit was to experience the super low tide phenomenon. It was an amazing & fantastic experience. We could walk from one island to another and saw many sea creatures and corals along the way. We were thrilled by what we saw. The full moon that night was so beautiful and I am happy that I could take many nice photographs.

There are many things waiting for us to experience at Pulau Sembilan and a single trip is never enough. I and my friends already started planning our next trip.
A big thumbs up to 9 Island Agency and the friendly helpful staff for the good work done. You guys are the best!

12  Thank Hillary L
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

There are 2 operators currently providing the full service (transfer, dining, accommodation etc) in Pulau Sembilan. Both occupied a portion of the beach side by side. According to the staff, there is 3rd operator coming soon, their facility is under construction right now.

I have read some of the reviews here about the Nine Island (Pulau Sembilan). I am lucky that I have chosen the right operator as I did not face the bad experience as they do. Instead of I chose the more established operator, I opted for Ice Star, which is smaller in terms of number of tourist handed as compare to their rival.

Even though they are smaller, however, they have appropriate amenities such as washrooms, camp site (shaded) etc. The camp site is equipped with ample ceiling fan and lighting. They are more than 10 washrooms just situated beside to the camp site. The tent provided are generally ok for me. The staffs set up the tent for all of us.

For the 2D1N package, we were served for 2 breakfast (1 on the jetty and 1 in the island), 1 lunch (seafood platter), 1 tea time, 1 dinner (another seafood platter with slight different dish than lunch) and 1 BBQ supper. The taste was ok although it may not be matching to hotel standard. However, the serving size is too big for me. All the tables were unable to finish their food. I did feedback to the staff to reduce the portion as to avoid wastage. Mineral water is unlimited supplied through out the appx 24 hours stay in the island. My package is MYR 270 for adult, which is MY20 cheaper than another operator. According to the staff, this is because they are not providing lunch after exiting the island in the 2nd day. They cancelled this sometimes ago per the feedback that it is too early for lunch since the return transfer take place normally after breakfast in the island. The boat transfer has to be happened before low tide as the boat unable to get into the jetty during low tide.

My kids were so enjoyed playing water on the beach as well as snorkeling trip and jungle trekking. They are peoples opted for boat fishing provided by the operator at no charge. However, we were unlucky as the seawater at the snorkeling spot was cloudy on that day probably due to weather. The jungle trekking just took less than an hour. It was a bit challenging especially for my 6 years old son. But, everyone enjoyed the trekking. There is a nice scene for photographing along the journey of the trekking.

We did see the blue tears (illuminated planktons) but pretty small quantities along the beach. The staff was saying probably due to tides and seasons.

In summary, it was a relaxing trip. We left with good and positive memories about the island and activities arranged.

12  Thank Choonwat
Reviewed 4 December 2016

i just got back this morning. stayed one night there with my family and friends all together 12 people
the tents they provided to us was terrible. all tents are side by side which u can hear the next tent people snore.
the tents are extremely dirty. they never do the clean up for the next visitor!
when we got in the tent. tent was full with sand! pillow with hair on it!
u cant even breathe in there!
we choose to sleep at the beach...but dont be fancy about it since the waves will get near around 4 in the morning!
toilet and washing place is terrible!
they take in 300 guest to share 5 toilets plus shower place!
think how congested in there!
no flush! think u have to clean your body with the dirt in the toilet!
u have to take 300 meters to go to toilet!
think how we go in the middle of the night!
eating place is far away from the tent!
we have to walk around 700meters to the eating place!
the path is muddy!
2 snorkeling trip was included!
dont be happy ...since the sea water is even dirtier then the place we stayed!
the safeguard are young! the youngest is think is less then 15years old
they dont even supply medicine for the visitors that got hurt!
the most precious moment is seeing the blue tears...let me tell you..
dont get cheated by the photos they posted in face book!
we merely see any blue tears!
just dont go there!! u will be regret for your life!

16  Thank reenaypl