Galaxy Inn(Lumut)
  • Room Service
US$41
US$40
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$46/night.

Brezza Hotel(Lumut)(Great Value!)
CK Hotel(Lumut)
Aloha Hotel(Lumut)(Great Value!)
US$15
GM Holiday Hotel Permai Jaya(Lumut)(Great Value!)
US$19
Priceline
Daddy's Inn(Lumut)(Great Value!)
US$19
Hotels.com
GM Holiday Hotel(Lumut)(Great Value!)
US$16
US$13
Priceline
2,667 results
All reviewsemerald bayhill villaspa villagesea villaour honeymoonuncle limschapman's barprivate islandsunset cruisespa treatmentsmonitor lizardsjungle walkon stiltsjamu barfruit batsresident packagemeal plan
Reviewed 11 August 2007

My wife and I stayed at PKL after being in KL and Penang. It was certainly a few classes up from Penang.

It was a nice getaway after the other populated areas and the service was excellent. The rooms were good but might do with a refurb in near future.

Dining was excellent and offered good alternatives to us for our 4 night stay. Loved the blueberry waffles for breakfast.

The day spa was certainly the best we've experienced anywhere and the price to us wasnt a consideration ensuring a treatment each day. I can understand that some people might baulk at the pricing tough.

Emerald Beach was glorious. Monkeys, sea-otters were a thrill. Real jungle feal.

I would suggest that if your intending on booking the beach front villas as we did, dont expect to be able to swim in that beach as you cant. This was possibly the only negative in our stay.

I would also suggest that 4-5 nights be a maximum stay as the island is small and you may find yourself itching for more things to do.

I would love to go back one day passing tough.

• Stayed: December 2005, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Reuben-Kincaid
Reviewed 8 August 2007

I have just returned from my honeymoon to Malaysia which consisted of 2 nights at the Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur and 8 nights at PLR. From the moment you step onto the island you are swept away in the natural beauty and tranquillity. I have to be honest, this is the first 5 star hotel i have stayed in so i am not familiar with the "expected service."

The wildlife on the island was fantastic and we often found 5ft plus monitor lizards basking on the rocks, monkeys, hornbills and eagles. We were even lucky enough one evening to see a turtle in the bay and a pit viper. Make sure you go on a trip through the rainforest with Yip the botanist - he is fab and very informative.

We always found the staff to be friendly and polite, attentitive yet not intrusive - even the workmen on the island greeted you good morning! The food was divine although a little expensive. The food choices were slightly limited due to the rennovation works however we did not feel restricted. Whilst we didn't get to experience Dinner on the Rock we did have a private dinner on the beach which, although is not advertised, can be arranged down at Chapman's bay through the "Richard Branson" of the island, his name is Magges (i think?). You are the only table on the beach and have your BBQ dinner cooked for you whilst the sun sets.

Emerald bay was beautiful and always very quiet however I chose not to go in the sea as, although harmless, there were sea fleas which left a milky brown residue on your skin - my husband didn't find this a problem though nor did the rest of the people in the sea so this may be me being fussy.

With regards to accomodation, we stayed in a spa villa. The villa was beautiful and very spacious although not particularly private and the fishing boats do come quite close! The room was equipped with CD player and a small selection of CD'S, tea and coffee and good air con. Apparently there is no difference from the sea and spa villas apart from the fact that the spa villas are close to the spa and have sole use of the pool. The spa villas are also quite far away from the main part of the resort however we loved taking the walk looking at the wildlife on the way. All the pools are beautiful and never crowded. You are brought ice water and cold towells every now and then which are much needed!

Finally - the spa. This is fantastic. Whilst we only had one treatment (massage) you get to go through the complimentary bath house which is a fantastic experience. The layout and decor is beautiful and i can understand why so many awards have been won. This is an absolute must and should not be missed.

For me, there were hardly any negative points however i would point out the following:
* The food and drink is expensive we were averaging (£80 per day)
* The sea surrounding the bungalows does get very dirty with rubbish (although emerald bay is beautiful)
* If you dont have the money to go to the spa everyday or excursions you can run out of things to do.
* For those that are used to 5* accomodation the resort may possibly not come up to the "expected" standard but this only from what i have read from other reviews.

I could go on and on about how fantastic the island is and i have missed out so many more positive points. However, to sum things up if you want a complete getaway surrounded by nothing but wildlife, jungle and sea with an added splash of luxury then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Shropshiretravelbug
Reviewed 25 July 2007

We stayed at the resort early April. We were a familyof four - two adults and two young boys. We recently relocated to Malaysia and have heard so much about PLR that we wanted to see it with our own eyes! First of all I was thrilled that we were allowed to stay in the sea villa as families with kids need special permission. We were looking forward to sleeping with the sound of the lapping water! Upon arrival we were suprised to see part of the resort under construction. Fortunately it was quite far from the sea villas. However, everything looked outdated. Must have looked nice 20 yrs ago when the resort was built but it seems no renovation has taken place. The villas did not have any top notch facilities as one would expect from a luxury resort. I was very disappointed to see how close the sea villas were to one another. Being a muslim laday who wears the veil, I had no privacy at all unless I had the blinds down and the doors shut. The sea was fithy with rubbish floating around all day. But I must admit we all had a great time at Emerald Bay. The Spa is one of the best I've been. Great service and massage. In all, I feel it is overpriced, will not go again unless major renovations take place. People from overseas might consider similar resorts, definitely more luxurious one in countries like Maldives especially.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank Duta56
Reviewed 9 July 2007

We had high expectations of PL, and while it is very beautiful, a couple of things put a bit of a downer on our stay.

Good points: the staff are fantastic and offer some of the best customer service I've experienced. Our Hill Villa room was lovely (recently refurbished I think) with great views. The Spa was fab, we could have spent our whole stay in there, and the spa village facilities (infinity pool etc) were beautiful. Emerald Bay lived up to its reputation, though as a few others have mentioned, a fair bit of rubbish is washed up on the shore throughout the day.

Bad points: food. It's not that it was bad, but it was so expensive for Malaysia, and the quality didn't really match the prices (apart from Fishermans Cove which was great). It could do with a small general store where you can get snacks and canned drinks without having to sit down at a restaurant. We actually left feeling a bit ripped off, purely because of the food situation.

Building works - during the day when you're out and about you don't notice the work, but we were woken very early every morning by the noise of staff going to the site to start work, motorbikes whizzing (or rather squeaking!) past and what sounded like machinery being transported to the site. Noise from the site could also clearly be heard from the Villas closer to the jetty. If you're going in the near future, contact them in advance to make sure you get a Villa as far from the building site as possible.

PL is definately worth a visit, and is a great place for a relaxing few days, just make sure you take a pair of ear-plugs and plenty of cash!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KayC
Reviewed 13 June 2007

Spent a wonderful five days in an over water bungalow. The staff couldn't do enough, the Island jungle was pristine and the beach was one of the best I've seen. If you are travelling via KL then it's only a 4 hour drive and well worth the trip! Enjoy...

• Stayed: May 2003, travelled as a couple