2,720 results
All reviews emerald bay spa village hill villa sea villa uncle lims our honeymoon chapman's bar private island sunset cruise spa treatments monitor lizards on stilts jungle walk resident package jamu bar fruit bats meal plan
Reviewed 18 January 2018

beautiful hotel-island close to kuala lumpur,just 3 hours on car. good check-in with cold drink and refreshing napkins. nice,but expensive boat transfer. hotel-island was very good with fantastic views and good private beach. a lot of birds and good nature.3-4 restaurants and very good breakfast. when we will back to Malaysia will visit hotel-island for sure.

insects,but its nature...

Room Tip: all villas very good
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NeRS17
Pangkor_Laut, General Manager at Pangkor Laut Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear NeRS17,

Thank you for taking the time to complete Tripadvisor review. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. We are very glad to know you were pleased with the hotel overall. We look forward to hosting your stay once again and continuing to meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you if you have any questions or concerns.

I would like to thank you for all your feedback and suggestions and we look forward welcoming you back again. Please do contact us directly at travelcentre@ytlhotels.com.my for possible arrangements.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Just returned from another weeks stay in this wonderful resort. We see in a previous review that the beautiful Emerald Bay is dirty. We do not agree. We had one day of a dirty beach with detritus being washed in from the Malacca Straits but it was a very windy/stormy day and there was a cleaning team on the beach cleaning it constantly. All other days were calm and detritus free. The hotel cant be held responsible for all of the rubbish tipped into the Straits (part of a much bigger worldwide problem) and they do clean it up as soon as it arrives. Without going into detail about the different aspects of the hotel, the pleasures of being there are translated through the wonderful staff who just make you feel so welcome, so typical of this part of the world and so different to grumpy Europe. We want to single out three exceptional people who helped make our stay so enjoyable, Nasa in housekeeping, a lovely person who we already met on our last visit, Darwin, such a nice guy and manager of Uncle Lim's and Komang, the king of latte in the feast village. There are many more, too numerous to name. We understand that more than 350 employees work in the resort. Only in the pool bar in the evening were we sometimes disappointed, certain resorting to out of place criticism of his employer. Enough of that. We did however have one major disappointment this visit. We have always been there in January and our two previous visits were blessed with superb weather. This time though although it was always around 30°C we saw little sun during our week. It seems that climate change has also arrived in this part of the world. Of course even a hotel of this calibre cannot influence the weather. Marie and John

Room Tip: We prefer the beach villas but there are only eight of these!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marie H

Dear Marie H,

Thank you for taking the time to complete Tripadvisor review. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff and we are so happy to hear you have been here now 3
(three) times and met all your expectations. We are very glad to know you were pleased with the hotel overall. We look forward to hosting your stay once again and continuing to meet your expectations.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

After our third visit to this wonderful resort we cannot fault the property offerings, service and good value. Truly wonderful. Facilities are comprehensive, food quality and variety excellent and rooms large, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank nverdalaustin

Dear nverdalaustin,

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Stayed 4 nights with adult family in 2 hill side villas. It was a relaxing and comfortable stay. The rooms were reasonably spacious with a large bathroom with a separate bath and toilet. Being a hillside villa we had great views of the sea. Housekeeping staff kept the rooms extremely well cleaned.
Breakfast at the main Feast Village was as extensive as any that I have ever experienced. I particularly liked the fresh juice station where I could indulge in any concoction that I could think off as long as the fruit or vegetable was available.
The best feature of the resort by far was the spa which we visited daily. I particularly enjoyed the "bath ritual" and the free sarong that came with the visit. This also allowed us the use of the adults only swimming pool and lounge which was a wonderful escape from all the overactive children enjoying themselves in the main pool.
The biggest disappointment was Emerald Bay which was strewn with floating rubbish. I had one dip and when a floating fluorescent light tube hit me, I guess all the fun of swimming in that beach went pretty quickly. Ironically 50 years ago when I visited this beach, when it was an isolated beach untouched by tourism, it could easily match Pavarotti's statement that it was one of the most beautiful places in the world then. Alas it no longer is. I brought all my snorkelling gear all the way for nothing.
Another highlight is Uncle Lim's restaurant. The food was great and the service by far the best we encountered during our 4 day stay there. The spa was not far off. We enjoyed the food so much that we ate there for 3 evenings in a row.
Overall a very enjoyable stay. The transfers organised by YTL group was extremely comfortable and for a party of 4 with large suitcases, the mini van provided was comfortable and had free wi fi as well which kept us entertained for the 4 hour journey from Kuala Lumpur.
We would come back again for the spa and Uncle Lim's. Unfortunately Emerald Bay is no longer as it was 50 years ago.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank BunburyTim61

Dear BunburyTim61,

Thank you for taking the time to complete Tripadvisor review. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. Thank you for mentioning our award winning spa. I always try to let our guests know that if you visit the island you must try at least one spa treatment. We are noted for being 'one island one resort' but the next is the rituals in the spa journey. Even one treatment will make you have a lifetime of memories.

Great to read that you found Uncle Lim’s far better service then you encountered on previous visits. Thank you for using our YTL limo services which comes equipped with wi-fi to make the journey shorter from KL! We are very glad to know you were pleased with the hotel overall.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed in The Pangkor Laut Estates, in estate 4. This estate is on its own beach which is a smaller version of emerald bay, but unfortunately doesn't get as much sun during the day. When renting an estate you get your own personal driver, butler, chef and maid, all of whom were amazing, friendly, helpful and very kind. It is about a 3-4 minute drive from the estates to the main pool/reception and a 2 minute drive to emerald bay.

The estate itself comprised of two large double bedrooms with dressing area and large bathrooms, a seating area overlooking the bay under a Cabana, a dining room (inside), a cabana with a bed, and a pool. The rooms are all separate, so if it's raining, which it did most days in the afternoon you need an umbrella to go from room to room. If you have children the bedrooms are quite far apart, ok for us, as kids are teenagers.

We last went to the resort 20 years ago and stayed in one of the sea suites. The main resort is still as beautiful as ever, and most areas have been renovated, so things were slightly different. The biggest change was the spa, it was the most amazing experience. My daughter and I did it together and the memory of that will stay with us forever.

We also did a sunset cruise around the island on Christmas Eve, hired jet skis, did the rain forest walk and had a BBQ on the beach on Christmas Day. We mainly ate dinner in our estate as we had our chef, however, we couldn't miss eating in Uncle Lim's, which is still as amazing as it was 20 years ago.

Thank you to all of the incredible staff, with the beautiful surroundings and the quality of the service, you made this holiday very special and we were very sad to leave.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family