All reviews mini cinema swimming pool an average hotel premier room stayed here for two nights perfect stay middle of town business trip night market apartment gym facilities
Reviewed 14 April 2016

My family based in Ipoh explained that the hotel was in a slightly salubrious part of town, with the hotel's bar best avoided (rather - go to the "Euro House Bar" just behind the hotel).

It was a comfortable enough stay with a fair selection at breakfast. The staff were friendly.

The room itself was more strange - the window looked out into the hallway with blinds on the outside of the room (they didn't open - we double checked - but it was somewhat disconcerting.) Reception explained it used to be a bank.

Room Tip: Personally - I would recommend an "outside facing" room!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Audrey T
Reviewed 1 April 2016

It looks nothing like the pictures on the brochures. It's on a run-down street and even the concierge advised us not to be out after 9pm (addicts and ladies (who might not really be ladies) in business for themselves). The rooms are small and the one we were given had hot and cold running ants and cockroaches. The room had previously been used by a long staying guest who left the safe full of condoms and bay oil. We were given another room and that did not have observable insect life.
However the hotel is reasonably placed to walk around town and visit the local famous eateries.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 30 March 2016

Travelled here with family and a friend, stayed here as we were attending wedding lunch at the attached Chinese restaurant.

The car park and hotel lobby is located in a different building, which is only a few steps away. However, there is no propose sign to show us the way, so we spent a while to figure out we need to go to another building.

Checking-in was slow, I heard from my friend that everything is done manually. We've received only one key (card) per room, which is quite inconvenient.

A small family of 3 - hubby, me and a 4YO son stay in one room, while another guy friend stay next door. We realized that the interior of both room is different. Different tiles were used in bathroom, the arrangement of furniture is also different. Our friend's room arrangement is better, making the room looks more spacious. The bathroom was with white tiles and white light, making the whole room brighter.

Our room looks less spacious, and the bathroom was using brown tiles which made it looks darker and dirtier. The bathroom was relatively small and less child-friendly. The basin was leaking so basically the bathroom's floor is wet all the time.

Bed was comfortable, but I guess the bedsheet was not cleaned properly. I felt itchy the moment I sit on the bed.

There was a small refrigerator in the room. It has strange smell, and looks dirty and rusty. We dare not put anything in it :P

There are lots facilities in the hotel though. There is a linked bridge located at 1st floor, linking the hotel building to another building where facilities and car park were. The swimming pool's design and structure is pretty strange. The children pool is very small, hidden at a corner. There's even a massage centre but we didn't try it. There's also a cinema and library, unfortunately we do not have time to explore.

Location wise it's pretty near to town. If you're driving, you can easily access to the famous local food.

Breakfast spread was limited, with very limited seating areas. Better go to the cafe early to avoid the crowd. Since the hotel is strategically located, I strongly suggest to hunt for local famous food as breakfast.

If you're looking for a budget hotel, this may sounds good. However, due to its less child-friendly design, we probably will not come back again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank tryau
Reviewed 21 March 2016

My wife, myself, and our baby went to Ipoh for 4 days, and only stayed in this hotel so cannot compare, but I would not recommend this hotel.

The room was ok-ish. It was big enough, but not spacious. Similarly the bathroom size is ok. However it was not particularly comfortable. The toilet seat had a thin plastic layer that was peeling off. The joints around the shower were darkened (not dirty, just darkened with time). While the room and bathroom were clean enough, I found and killed two small cockroaches in the room. The corridor to our room did not have natural light, and only a yellowish light. That did not feel very nice.

I am not sure the AC was following the settings correctly. The AC vent would output cold air directly toward the bed. While it was a very hot period in Malaysia, I found myself cold in the middle of the night from the cold air landing on me! I tried to raise the temperature of the AC, but it did not seem to make a difference. I put on some socks and slept better.

If you enjoy eating savoury food for breakfast you may be ok or happy. I am used to sweet breakfast, and there was not much. I could was some sliced bread, some fresh fruits cut (papaya, watermelon, and a couple others), and breakfast cereals (corn flakes and some chocolatey type).

Otherwise the hotel is quite close to many restaurants. That was convenient. There is also a mall with a grocery store ~10 minutes walk from there. We found it convenient to buy baby food.

The wifi was bad. Every time one wants to connect, one needs to re-enter the login and password. This is particularly annoying to have wifi on the phone. It was also slow in general, and sometimes slower to the point it was unusable. This was annoying because as a tourist we did not know the town at all, so relied on the internet to search for restaurant and book the next step of our trip.

While the hotel was not great, the staff was nice.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2016

The apartment was spacious and clean but it smelt of cigarettes. The stay was comfortable though. The kitchenette was not suitable for preparing any meals. Breakfast was mediocre but other people seemed to be enjoying it.

Room Tip: No frills basic hotel
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family