All reviews mini market research station team building an excellent place petrol pump agriculture furniture kl cafe
Reviewed 8 February 2018

I needed a day stopover after visiting the elephant sanctuary in Lanchang on my way to Kuantan, hence I stumbled upon this place. They have several types of rooms and good staffs. I checked into the room but I expected more for the money I paid. The room walls adjacent to the bathroom has already started to be moldy (probably due to water leaking). Spider webs at the edges of the ceilings shows that house keeping is not doing a thorough work. In fact, there were some hairs around the bathroom and i requested housekeeping to come and clean the room again. Breakfast, as only 2 occupants in the entire place, we were given some kuihs and nasi lemak plus toast. Not bad.

The only thing that I gave thumbs up to is the swimming pool which looks pretty decent.

The thing is Felda has spent a lot of money doing up the place, but they have very poor maintenance procedures. This is where I expect this place to improve and it can really showcase it's worth.

Other than that, this is a cool place to be away from the City. Very quiet and you can really watch the sky without any light pollution. Clean air. You can buy some fresh vegetables and fruits there for a low price. There is also a mini mart and BHP station there.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
PRSB, Manager at Felda Residence Tekam, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Madam/Sir,
Thank you for the valuable review. Mouldy and spider webs- we will get the Housekeeping department to fix it.We sincerely apologize for the hair. We are looking forward to receiving you again.
Thank you.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night. This place is definitely underrated. It’s actually an excellent place for a short getaway from the hustle and bustle of Kuala Lumpur. Very clean and well maintained surroundings. It’s inside Felda Research Centre about 2 1/2 hour from KL. Checking in was smooth, the room brought me back to the 80’s, it’s definitely old but clean. Air-conditioned, water heater works fine. The swimming pool is big and the kids had an excellent time. There’s a cafe about 200 meters from the hotel operating till 11pm for the locals staying inside and for the hotels patrons and the price is extremely reasonable. Breakfast buffet was nice, not luxurious but adequate serving local delicacies such as Nasi lemak, kueyteow, scrambled eggs etc. One element that caught my attention was how clean the surrounding is. Courteous staff is always a good thing. Will definitely come again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
PRSB, Manager at Felda Residence Tekam, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Dear Sir,
Thank you for the valuable feedback. We hope to receive you again in the near future. All the best and Happy New Year.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Went for a family day. Here are the pros and cons.

Pros:
1. Nice room. Adequate for a family of four. Spacious bathroom with a water heater although it took quite some time for me to turn it on.

2. Relaxing place to stay out of the busy city. Quiet and green scenery.

3. Adequate and clean facilities. Garden cafe provides reasonable food prices. Hall and pool are well maintained.

4. Reasonable price for accommodation.

5. Suitable for a budget family/organization events.

Cons:
1. No wifi in hotel room or anywhere ⬅️ (could be pros or perhaps I couldn't find the port). Perfect for those who wants to take a break from virtual world.

2. Breakfast- major turn off for me was when I looked around the buffet table to find for creamer or milk for my coffee and I couldn't find any. So, I asked one of the staffs but she said the coffee was already sweet. I got it that it was a black coffee with sugar but I want a creamer or milk because I didn't want a black coffee. She said they don't have creamer or milk. She offered to put milk but she took a sweetened creamer/milk which would make my black coffee sweeter. I refused to add the sweetened creamer. I asked for clarification many times since I just couldn't brain that a hotel/resort's breakfast didn't serve coffee with creamer or milk. Not everyone loves black coffee. Weirdly, after I just finished my breakfast with that black coffee, an acquaintance showed the creamer sticks just have been restocked. That made me a bit pissed since the staff said they really hadn't have creamer. Well, this might seem trifling matter but I take my coffee very seriously . Other than coffee, I was recommended by my best friend to try their 'kaw' teh tarik. It was 'kaw' alright. But it didn't suit my tastebuds as 'kaw' here meant holy ******* sweet and I might have my foot amputated.

3. Still on breakfast - the fried rice and fried noodles were bland.

Final note, it's just okay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Room carpet is not clean with hair on it and old furniture. The surrounding is relaxing with greens and birds tweeting can be heard at the big balcony in the room.
Room with mini fridge. Good breakfast with various selection, big swimming pool. Mini market and mini petrol pump down the road of the hotel.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 10 May 2017

I checked into this place because I was working in a nearby town. On arrival, I was impressed by the well maintained grounds and the clean state of the buildings. The hotel is inside an agricultural research station and there's a little community with a cafe which is open until midnight.
Check in was easy and the room had a huge balcony, plenty of pillows and the bed was ok. Sadly there was only wifi in the lobby. There was also plenty of space for parking. The breakfast was toast, nasi lemak, sausages, eggs, sweets, and the gardens around the hotel cafe is surrounded by nice gardens.
If this hotel were in one of the bigger cities I would have given it 3 out of 5, but because I know it's quite hard to find this kind of place (no bedbugs, decent breakfast, clean grounds) in more out of the way parts of Malaysia, I've given it 4.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business